$500,000 For New Weight Room?

I may be wrong, but expect this commitment was part of getting Kill to take the job. Having a good weight room is a big recruiting deal and has been for 30 years. I am surprised we had gotten behind the times on that issue, being competitive there is not optional.

Does anyone know what our current weight room is like? Are our players doing Rocky IV style training montages?

Does anyone know what our current weight room is like? Are our players doing Rocky IV style training montages?

The equipment is pretty beat up and is probably a decade old. Also, I'm not sure how conducive the space is for training since it's tiered and a bit cramped.

I worked for Gopher Athletic Facilities at Bierman, Williams and Mariucci during the mid to late 90s while in school. They took 1/2 of the gym at Bierman and built a 'brand new' weight room when the entrance to the football offices was also built. At the time it was really nice, and I must say I'm caught showing my age when I realized it's all now 10 years old. So yeah, in the world of D1 athletics, it's time.

Interesting.... yet Tubby gets no practice facility?

How does turf cost 1million dollars? What a ripoff.

How does turf cost 1million dollars? What a ripoff.

You can buy the lower end stuff that Burnsville high school has for about 500k, granted, the facility has more than one turf field. I would say if the full 2.5 fields are getting new turf 1 million is a real good deal.

Top Bottom