5 Storylines to Watch During Minnesota's Spring Practice

The Lineman that transferred from ND was like 3rd string. Despite being depleted due to injuries he still did not play.

The Lineman that transferred from ND was like 3rd string. Despite being depleted due to injuries he still did not play.
Thanks for the update.....forgive me if I choose to trust Fleck's evaluation more than yours. They clearly feel he is worth bringing in as a transfer so they must see something that tells them he will help us.

So, a reserve on the #8 team in the country - according to the final AP rankings - has no value to a program like MN?

is a 3rd-string player at Notre Dame equivalent to a 3rd-string player at MN?

this is a big part of why the portal was created - so that a player could seek an opportunity to get more playing time at a different program.

You are not going to see starters or top reserves going into the portal unless there are other circumstances or off-field issues.

Hey - maybe it doesn't work out. But it's worth a try - especially for a Gopher Team that just lost 4 starting OL.

So, a reserve on the #8 team in the country - according to the final AP rankings - has no value to a program like MN?

is a 3rd-string player at Notre Dame equivalent to a 3rd-string player at MN?

this is a big part of why the portal was created - so that a player could seek an opportunity to get more playing time at a different program.

You are not going to see starters or top reserves going into the portal unless there are other circumstances or off-field issues.

Hey - maybe it doesn't work out. But it's worth a try - especially for a Gopher Team that just lost 4 starting OL.
And given their recent track record I really don't know why anyone would question a transfer Fleck wants to bring in. He hasn't missed on many transfers and has found some really good players.

Top Bottom