4-5 wins next year and then a new coach!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
Whoever they bring in has to be better than this dysfunctional and inept group we have in place now. A new AD would not hurt either

I would think that 6 wins would be insufficient for Brewster to keep his job.

Whoever they bring in has to be better than this dysfunctional and inept group we have in place now. A new AD would not hurt either

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, gophermanic. If they give Brewster another year, I sincerely doubt he wins more than 5 games next year and then they will be looking again.....it's pretty inevitable, actually.

At least we have some young talent on the team. The cupboard won't be empty for the next coach.

No way we get 6 wins, I was being generous with 5. They will have this same awful offense and a very young D. Its going to be very ugly and changes will be made hopefully.

Who disagrees that 7 wins or more in 2010 will be required for Brewster to be our coach in 2011?

No, no, Brewster is getting an extension according to Maturi. We need "stability" according to Maturi. If by definition Maturi wants the Gopher football team to have "stability", we will have 'continuance without change,' 'resistance to change,' and 'firmness in position.' Yes, we want to solidify being painfully average. I hope I am wrong, but the next few years I see the same mediocre performances that we've been subject too since Brewster has been in charge.

I hope I am wrong, but the next few years I see the same mediocre performances that we've been subject too since Brewster has been in charge.

Rooster... how long have you been a Gophers fan? Mediocre performances predate Brewster.

I hate to be on your side but I can't disagree. This coach took over a team that just went to a bowl game, several others before that under the previous coach and moved into brand new $300 million stadium. And he can only get us 2 Insight Bowl losses, along with that first 1-11 season??? Am I and Gophermanic the only ones getting concerned?

i see maybe 4 wins, but they might only get 3.... it is going to be a really long year next year. They could really lose the last 8 games, most likely the last 7 for sure

2010 Gopher Schedule
Thu, Sep 02 Middle Tennessee State at Murfreesboro, Tenn
Sat, Sep 11 South Dakota TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Sep 18 Southern California TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Sep 25 Northern Illinois TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Oct 02 Northwestern TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Oct 09 Wisconsin at Madison, Wis.
Sat, Oct 16 Purdue at West Lafayette, Ind.
Sat, Oct 23 Penn State TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Oct 30 Ohio State TCF Bank Stadium
Sat, Nov 06 Michigan State at East Lansing, Mich.
Sat, Nov 13 Illinois at Champaign, Ill.
Sat, Nov 27 Iowa TCF Bank Stadium

I think they go 5-7 or 6-6 next year - lots of emotional overreaction tonight, but they will win a game or two you dont expect them to and probably lose a game to a good team they could have won, a typical year...

Thw Gophers could win 7 next year if there is a solid improvement on offense. Hard to see that happening if Weber is the starting QB. Brew needed an outstanding OC this year (and all three years) and didn't have one (Dunbar's scheme may work elsewhere, but was unsuited to the Gopher players at the time and to outdoors Big Ten football and Minnesota recruits in general). The second half tonight holds out some hope - though the pattern of coming from behind is weird, having happened so often. Why can't we play a good first half? Some good young talent being developed, though - if only we had a juco QB to go with it. Gray never played enough this year to develop and the wildcat and other plays with him were too gimicky. He had ONE series at QB (Ohio State, waning minutes) and looked good. We also need bigger running backs - then we might beat some people (Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin).

I think they go 5-7 or 6-6 next year - lots of emotional overreaction tonight, but they will win a game or two you dont expect them to and probably lose a game to a good team they could have won, a typical year...

Actually, if they get any decent QB play at all, they could very easily win 8 or 9 games. We'd have won 7-9 this year with a decent QB...

how come BNG gets banned and this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# gets to continue spewing his fecal matter all over this board?

I hate to be on your side but I can't disagree. This coach took over a team that just went to a bowl game, several others before that under the previous coach and moved into brand new $300 million stadium. And he can only get us 2 Insight Bowl losses, along with that first 1-11 season??? Am I and Gophermanic the only ones getting concerned?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm plenty concerned, but trying to remain cautiously optimistic.

Nice to see all the "chicken littles" crawling out of their holes again!!!

Oh well, we'll always have the debbie downers I guess; too bad, because I think the future players are going to have quite a bit of success.

Go Gophers & thanks for the season!!!!
:drink::party:

Top Bottom