--3 reasons to keep Brewster----

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
I have been talking for over a year about the real problem at the U of M. Brewster is a a symptom of the problem. Tim Brewster is as good of a coach as we should expect. The U of M does not place a value on Major College Athletics. Get used to that my friends! The brewster hire, the fact that Maturi is not held accountable for his poor leadership, and the absolute acceptance of mediocrity by the administration demonstrates this fact. It has been this way for 55 years. how can we continue to do the same things and expect different results? Come on folks wake up. This is the reality we live in. Is it time to change our reality? Only with a change in a sports culture starting from the top can change this reality. Bob Stein agrees with me 100 percent.

We may as well keep Brewster unless the following 3 things happen

1) The U of M finally makes a commitment to major College REVENUE producing sports. Need to follow the model put in place at Florida, OSU, and Wisky. Sorry team, this means we need to CUT some non-rev sports and create a sports management program .

2) Joel Maturi resigns immediately and we hire a President with a "Big Time" Sports aptitude. We had one with Mark Youdoff.

3) They extend Tubby Smiths Contract--he is the only good thing we have going at U of M Athletics! We need some good PR

Since I doubt these things will happen, we may as well keep Brewster!

Fire Brewster! Spend some money! Get a real coach!

Look, we have the wrong people on the bus! The right people we have are in the wrong chairs! Get the right people, make sure they are in the right chairs, and then do the right things. We have the wrong people in the wrong chairs, who are doing the right things. Getting one of the 3 correct isn't going to cut it

Agree. The real problem isn't Brewster....the problem runs much deeper than him.

He's trying, I think the poor guy works 24 hours per day! I think he expects his coaches to do the same, which is why he has had so much turnover in staff!

Beautiful, state of the art, new college football stadium!

It's a shame the university leadership is going to let the momentum of building it, IMPLODE!!

Unfortunately, I live in Rochester and I've decided that after this season, my 4 season tickets aren't worth the price of trying to watch horse*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# college football, plus the drive, the total time, food, etc., etc., etc.

I doubt I am alone in this feeling of disappointment.

There's no doubt in my mind the season ticket renewals this winter will be unbelievably weak!

For a multitude of reasons (not just Brewster) this program is sinking to the bottom of the ocean!

There is no way to justify this loss with the attitude Brewster constantly shows.

I would be a little more receptive to a bad loss like the two we've had if Brewster would have said at the beginning of the season "We may struggle at times"

But for him to constantly come out and say Were getting better or he sees improvement is inexcusable to have these kind of games.

I'm sure he is a nice man, but he is not a head coach in the Big Ten!

I agree with some parts of the OP. We have to stop thinking we can change one thing and the program will spontaneously turnaround. Before we had a stadium everyone thought that was the solution, now everyone thinks all we need is a new coach.

It's going to take a multitude of changes to achieve long term success. Major college football, the Big Ten especially, is extremely competitive. This isn't the NFL with millions of parody rules. The Gopher football program needs nothing short of complete focus, support and emphasis from the administration, athletic department and fans. I don't whether we'll ever get there. I hope we do.

The OP is 100% correct. Just start with comparing your football budget with our rivals. The fact that any Gopher fan is less than incomplete agreement puts a moniker right on the problems. It's Minnesota as a state. It is the U. And then it is Brewster who never should have been offered an interview due to his lack of experience.

The OP is 100% correct. Just start with comparing your football budget with our rivals. The fact that any Gopher fan is less than incomplete agreement puts a moniker right on the problems. It's Minnesota as a state. It is the U. And then it is Brewster who never should have been offered an interview due to his lack of experience.

This would have been a great argument for not firing Mason. But it is a horrible argument for keeping Brewster. Forget our rivals. Brewster's teams have been spotty competing against the MAC, Sunbelt and even the D1-FCS programs in the Dakotas.

This would have been a great argument for not firing Mason. But it is a horrible argument for keeping Brewster. Forget our rivals. Brewster's teams have been spotty competing against the MAC, Sunbelt and even the D1-FCS programs in the Dakotas.

+1

We won 10 games without a "Budget"...

The coach is the issue at this point...

The Stadium was the problem before, now we can't win because of the budget.

When we raise the funds, what will be the next excuse for the Gopher's not being able to win?

it's too cold in Minnesota, well if Global warming is real and it affects the state making it hotter, what will be the next excuse? and the next and the next after that?

it seems never ending.

The Stadium was the problem before, now we can't win because of the budget.

When we raise the funds, what will be the next excuse for the Gopher's not being able to win?

it's too cold in Minnesota, well if Global warming is real and it affects the state making it hotter, what will be the next excuse? and the next and the next after that?

it seems never ending.

This...

I'm tired of Scapegoats...

We won 10 games without a "Budget"...

The coach is the issue at this point...

Bingo, plenty of good coaches were fine with the salary Brewster got. The university could have paid more if they needed to however as they did for mason. Also, Brewster had Dunbar and cosgrove who were and are paid very well. Te recruiting budget grew significantly under Brewster and he also has a full time recruiting coordinator who earns 6 figures but adds little to no value. This is wasted money right now as he is incompetent and cannot even coach while many other programs give those duties to a position coach.

Why does everybody keep talking about budget and commitment?

We have lost to South Dakota and Northern Illinois in the past three weeks. That isn't about our budget, it's about being out prepared and out coached by undermanned teams from smaller schools and conferences.

Why does everybody keep talking about budget and commitment?

We have lost to South Dakota and Northern Illinois in the past three weeks. That isn't about our budget, it's about being out prepared and out coached by undermanned teams from smaller schools and conferences.

exactly.

Just for fun I will concede that our budget is not good enough to "compete" in the Big Ten, but it certainly should be more than enough to take down Northern Illinois, SDSU, South Dakota and NDSU.

Top Bottom