3 Point Shooting

Our current starters and reserves logging significant minutes appear to be a really poor bunch of shooters. Robbins has shot it the best. Pretty sad state of affairs when your true center is your best 3-pt shooter.

Thus far, I’m most surprised by how poorly Gabe, Mash and Ihnen have shot from deep. Gabe’s struggles have been debated already at length. I thought Mash came here with a reputation as a good shooter? Maybe just freshmen jitters? I sure hope so. Ihnen looked so good early on, but maybe that was a mirage? I also hope not. I think Carr is actually a decent shooter, but has faced a lot more double teams given how bad everyone else shoots from deep. I will say that in very limited run, Mitchell looks to have a very sweet-looking shot. It would be nice to blow out another team or two soon to see him play more. Pitino really needs to recruit a sweet-shooting wing who can keep defenses honest. What a difference that would make on this team. Too bad Gabe no longer fits that description.

Top Bottom