3 Game Balls awarded to Ibrahim, Potts, and Coach Fleck

I thought a female trainer also got a game ball.

If I heard correctly this is the first I've seen reference to Trey's medical issue as being "life and death decision"...

Crazy how much they love a coach that only cares about himself. There's a few idiots in the comments of the tweet saying the video shows it's only about Fleck. Man these people are stupid.

Anyone else notice the players pulling his shoes off? Haha!

Crazy how much they love a coach that only cares about himself. There's a few idiots in the comments of the tweet saying the video shows it's only about Fleck. Man these people are stupid.

Anyone else notice the players pulling his shoes off? Haha!
100% right GophersInIowa. I had this conversation with my brother as we were leaving the game back to the car. Coach Kill said PJ is all about himself, to the outside of that room people may say that about the Slogans and the talk. I said you can tell when your on a team and those guys all love each other, and will stick together when the S hits the fan. Those Gophers and PJ all play for each other as much as anything and they act like Family. I even said coach paid attention and listened to coach Kill and did not say one negative word about him. That says more about PJ as a person and how he teaches than the Ole ball coach. The players and staff, that group has something special brewing. He even said well they got Morgan and all the six years guy's like MO. I said I know that, but what those guys have built and impressed and left on the younger guys, they set the standatd, and the foundation that will emulated and carried forward. That's when you know the foundation is strong and built to last.

I love Coach Fleck. Both times we struggled with our coordinators, he had to make the tough decisions and wasn't afraid to. There is no way he could win if the kids weren't believing in him and his culture. Does his messages get tiring after a while? Yes, just like the title of the video above... "Remember our past to create our future." Just like his "Row the boat, Ski-U-Ma, Go Gophers!" He says it at every interview ending. It's corny, and not everyone is going to like it, because he says it so fast and so much, it doesn't even sound genuine, but if you look at his interviews about Mo and Trey, you can see how close he is to getting emotional. He truly believes what he is saying. He truly loves the kids. Does he love all of them? Maybe not, because one of the issues we have is how he doesn't play the kids he doesn't trust. And so some kids might take that wrong or not like it and become bitter about it, but all in all... no coach is perfect, but this is our best coach in years, if not ever.

If I heard correctly this is the first I've seen reference to Trey's medical issue as being "life and death decision"...
First time I've heard Fleck say it, but when you have to stay in the hospital for a week, there are very few non-life or death things that would cause that. If I had to guess, some sort of internal bleeding situation...

First time I've heard Fleck say it, but when you have to stay in the hospital for a week, there are very few non-life or death things that would cause that. If I had to guess, some sort of internal bleeding situation...
Yeah, they never really talked about it but there was zero doubt it was extremely serious the way it was handled.

Yeah, they never really talked about it but there was zero doubt it was extremely serious the way it was handled.
I thought it was extremely classy how much credit he gave to the Purdue medical staff and the hospitals in Indiana for helping Potts in his dire situation (in the post-game interview). He never had to say any of that. But to me, that is good character.

Top Bottom