3,273 "consecutive" seats available (end of day 5/21)

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
I did a quick count of the non-single seats remaining and it came out to 3,273. Not sure how many season ticket holders are left to pick, but with one day remaining I'm guessing a couple hundred??? This will be interesting when it comes down to the wait list, will be pretty close depending how many seats people take. I'm guessing there won't be many people who got on the list who won't end up actually getting seats.

My group of 7 picks tomorrow at 1 PM...been a loooooooooong wait but we're pumped to get things finalized!

This is great news if the wait list numbers are accurate (1500-2000 names expected to be 4,000-5,000 seats). Not from the standpoint that some people won't get tickets but from the perspective that we're all but assured a season ticket sellout. Right?

I keep hearing about single seats scattered about. Have they already moved people around to minimize single seats? I suppose there comes a limit on what you can do. I can't imagine there are too many people buying a single season ticket, but maybe I'm wrong.

I did a quick count of the non-single seats remaining and it came out to 3,273. Not sure how many season ticket holders are left to pick, but with one day remaining I'm guessing a couple hundred??? This will be interesting when it comes down to the wait list, will be pretty close depending how many seats people take. I'm guessing there won't be many people who got on the list who won't end up actually getting seats.

Considering 48 people select per hour I would guess the number selecting tomorrow is around 250-350. That means we will probably see around 700 seats go tomorrow (probably more). If we end up with about 2500 seats left for the waiting list there is no doubt this place will be a virtual sellout with season tickets (scattered single seats not included).

I would guess they will keep a good number of single seats.
At the dome, I used to buy these a couple days in advance.
There were always quite a few to pick from. I usually ended up with a lower level (30-40 yeard line) or a front row upper level (50 yeard line).
It worked great for me coming from out of town and having a football game to attend while my wife had meetings for her job, etc.

Congratulations to the people on the waiting list for not believing the ticket office's claim last Fall that TCF was already sold out.

Congratulations to the people on the waiting list for not believing the ticket office's claim last Fall that TCF was already sold out.

What a strange post. I don't remember them making that claim. They may have predicted that it WOULD sell out but I don't recall the claim being made that it already was. Do you have a link?

Huge Gopher fan, and I'm on the wait list. Take your sentiments and shove them where the sun don't shine. I went out and promoted another 5 people and 10 tickets to join the waitlist with me. We're high in the order, too.

Pioneer Press
Jul 24, 2008
"The Gophers are just 7000 football season tickets short of a 50717-seat complete first-season sellout for their TCF Bank Stadium"

Pioneer Press
Jul 24, 2008
"The Gophers are just 7000 football season tickets short of a 50717-seat complete first-season sellout for their TCF Bank Stadium"

July is not in the fall. Huge difference.

And where do you think the GLC got their information from, other than the ticket office. Last fall, the ticket office ran a promotion, offering 750 season tickets as purpotedly the last tickets available before complete sellout.

July is not in the fall. Huge difference.

And where do you think the GLC got their information from, other than the ticket office. Last fall, the ticket office ran a promotion, offering 750 season tickets as purpotedly the last tickets available before complete sellout.

Who cares? I would rather focus on the positive and the fact that it will be a sellout rather than what the ticket office may or may not have said 6 months or a year ago.

Last fall, the ticket office ran a promotion, offering 750 season tickets as purpotedly the last tickets available before complete sellout.

The promotion was that those would be the last of the season tickets that would garuntee you seats at TCF. You (and some others) seem to assume that because they suspended their garuntee they were announcing a sellout.

Pioneer Press
Jul 24, 2008

As long as we're quoting old PP articles....

Pioneer Press
March 1, 2009
"If current season-ticket account holders opt to transition to the new stadium, Associate Athletics Director David Crum said the team would sell out its allotment."

I know, now you're going to say 2,800 ticketholders elected to drop their tickets this spring.

As long as we're quoting old PP articles....

Pioneer Press
March 1, 2009
"If current season-ticket account holders opt to transition to the new stadium, Associate Athletics Director David Crum said the team would sell out its allotment."

I know, now you're going to say 2,800 ticketholders elected to drop their tickets this spring.

No, I'm not.

What changed from the beginning of the '08 Big Ten schedule to this March quote is that a relatively large waiting list formed. The U had/has absolutely no obligation to sell tickets to anyone on the waiting list. But this Spring they indicated that people on the wating list would be given the opportunity to buy season tickets this Summer. Because the waiting list had grown to be so large, and becuase they decided to sell season tickets to the people on it, by March it started to become clear that this stadium would be sold out.

I am happy to belive otherwise if you can find a quote from October '08 indicating a sell-out. But the fact is, you will not find one. The U did not so much as hint that there would be a sellout until the last few months. And they still have not even formally announced it.

I'm not sure what you would have had them do differently. Are you upset that they didn't formally garuntee the right to buy season tickets to people who paid $15 to put their name on the waiting list?

You're putting words in his mouth. Crum's quote clearly says "current" season ticket holders, not "current plus prospective waiting list buyers." Seeing as though they suspended season ticket sales last fall, he was stating that the stadium was already sold out as of last fall.

I would rather that they came clean from the start, explain why they were suspending ticket sales, reveal how many seats were available, and encouraging people to sign up for the waiting list. Instead, they made it sound like it was a waste of time to get on a waiting list to a stadium that was already sold out. The longer the waiting list, the sooner the expansion.

Regardless, the lie has been exposed, and we move on. The important thing is the stadium WILL be sold out in season tickets, eventually.

P.S. The fee is $10, not $15.

Thank goodness for that. Now I can sleep at night.

This is our goal. Our staff is also closing in on the JFK assassination. All we can divulge now is that Oswald and Ruby spent a lot of time in Madison, Wisconsin, in the days leading up to 11/22/63.

You're putting words in his mouth. Crum's quote clearly says "current" season ticket holders, not "current plus prospective waiting list buyers." Seeing as though they suspended season ticket sales last fall, he was stating that the stadium was already sold out as of last fall.

I would rather that they came clean from the start, explain why they were suspending ticket sales, reveal how many seats were available, and encouraging people to sign up for the waiting list. Instead, they made it sound like it was a waste of time to get on a waiting list to a stadium that was already sold out. The longer the waiting list, the sooner the expansion.

Regardless, the lie has been exposed, and we move on. The important thing is the stadium WILL be sold out in season tickets, eventually.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. How could they have "come clean from the start" about how many seats were available?

They don't have any idea until the current season ticket holders get new stadium seats. They know approximately the maximum number if every single ticket holder got the same amount of seats in the new stadium but otherwise they have no idea how many seats will be renewed until they are actually renewed with the selection process.

Until then, all they can do is make their best estimates. Which, others have quoted several times, they have done throughout the process. And if someone would have called the ticket office last fall, they would have gotten the same numbers.

My 2 bits on the issue of not "selling out in advance" is that if they had allowed season ticket holders to expand the number of seats they purchased going into the new stadium without going to the back of the line, they would have sold out before getting close to getting through the list. I started my season ticket account just out of the student section and didn't have the money for an additional ticket, or the bevy of now interested bandwagon friends/ long term girlfriend to stick in that seat. Now I long for another seat or two in my row. I highly doubt I am alone in this situation. The demand for seats from those who have selected seats is probably also greater than the amount of seats sold.

ATTF, who sits next to me, has thrown his hat into the waiting list, but I don't want additional non-congruent seats, though there is an obstructed view seat next to us that is unsold and I intend on inquiring on that this week, having not learned about it until we selected our tickets at Mariucci last week..

Wow, somebody's peeved about this issue. I'm not sure any real damage was done here. People had a chance to guarantee themselves tickets by buying last year. People still had a chance, though not guaranteed, to get tickets by going on the waiting list. I'm glad some of the folks on the waiting list are getting tickets. Many are serious gopher fans who couldn't, for whatever reason, get tickets last year (recent grads, lived elsewhere, etc).

Again, I'm just glad we're going to have season ticket sellouts for the gophs for a change. That's how an optimistic person views this situation.

My 2 bits on the issue of not "selling out in advance" is that if they had allowed season ticket holders to expand the number of seats they purchased going into the new stadium without going to the back of the line, they would have sold out before getting close to getting through the list..

If they would have done that, then a lot of season ticket holders would have been "penalized" with the Gopher Points system. A season ticket holder would have had fewer seats to choose from at their selection time, because season ticket holders ahead of them in the rankings would have added brand new seats. So even though someone might have been paying for 4 seats for 25 years, someone whose been paying for 2 seats for 26 years and 2 seats for 1 year could take their spot. That effect would accumulate the farther down the rankings you go. Then, you would have people complaining about being pushed out by all those "new" tickets.

That's why the ticket office compromised with the whole "averaging" thing, so that the least amount of harm would be done to everyone, not just the individual.

Top Bottom