247: Gophers LB signee Lucas Finnessy has the Wisconsin game circled

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
Ryan Burns

WHAT WAS THE MAIN REASON YOU CHOSE TO ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA?
Finnessy: I chose the University of Minnesota because of the culture surrounding the program and how the coaches / players are changing the standard. Also, it is a very superior school for academics.

WHAT TEAM DO YOU WANT TO BEAT THE MOST AS A GOPHER AND WHY?
Finnessy: Wisconsin, it’s one of the biggest rivalries in college football and I grew up there.

He sounds like a rare breed from skunkland.

Anyone find the article mentioned? I’m interested in this young man and would appreciate the info. Thanks

Never know how it will play out, but the sting of losing Kaden Johnson to the Badgers is, for me, nearly balanced out by getting Finnessey from Wisconsin. I realize there is a meaningful ratings differential between the two, but everything I read about this young man makes me think he is tremendously athletic and has a high football IQ. My hope is that he will contribute meaningfully, once he acclimates to the LB position.

giphy.gif

I remember seeing this awhile back and a couple other things. He seems to be a very intense (maybe even a little hyper) kid.

Never know how it will play out, but the sting of losing Kaden Johnson to the Badgers is, for me, nearly balanced out by getting Finnessey from Wisconsin. I realize there is a meaningful ratings differential between the two, but everything I read about this young man makes me think he is tremendously athletic and has a high football IQ. My hope is that he will contribute meaningfully, once he acclimates to the LB position.

There was no sting of losing KJ for me. He looked so ordinary his senior year - against 4A competition to boot.

To me, star ratings are just that. That's the perceived performance potential in college.

Kaden Johnson appears to be a big win for Wisconsin being a 4-Star with a compostie rating of 0.9231, 190th national ranked player, and the 13th best OLB with 15 D1 offers.

Lucas Finnessy is a 3-Star with a composite rating of 0.8586, 880th national ranked player, and the 57th best OLB with 10 D1 offers. But, I am not disappointed in missing out on KJ at all. He was vacillating and does not really appear to hold the Gophers close to his heart.

The narrative is going to be written, and I don't think Lucas will disappoint. The Gophers have quietly recruited a very good defensive class the last two cycles. The sum is greater than its parts. The Gophers Defense IMHO will surprise people within the next three seasons.

Top Bottom