2024 Record prediction

for all the people putting Iowa in the "W" column - just to remind you -
IA will have a new OC. QB Cade McNamara will be back from injury. this will not be the Brian Ferentz/Deacon Hill offense.

even playing at MN, I think Iowa will be the betting favorite - unless the Gophers look really good in the 1st three weeks of the season and Iowa plays below expectations.

I am not saying the Gophers can't beat Iowa - but I'm saying that it will likely be an upset on paper.

In order of what I think:
4-8
5-7
6-6
3-9
7-5
2-9

I think we’re gonna struggle on D and unless the QB is outstanding I don’t see how we have much on offense outside the running game.

We lose to Illinois no matter what because Fleck has feet of clay when we play Big Bert. We will claw our way to defeat even though Illinois will try to hand us the game. With that qualifier, I like the"waterfall" analysis above.
Thanks! I did factor in Illinois and Iowa as harder games to win for Fleck compared to our potential ceiling. I don't trust him to beat Illinois anymore whatsoever after the disaster that was last season's game.

IA will have a new OC. QB Cade McNamara will be back from injury. this will not be the Brian Ferentz/Deacon Hill offense.

even playing at MN, I think Iowa will be the betting favorite - unless the Gophers look really good in the 1st three weeks of the season and Iowa plays below expectations.

I am not saying the Gophers can't beat Iowa - but I'm saying that it will likely be an upset on paper.
McNamara was underperforming at the start of last season because he was shaking off an injury. I'd be surprised if he performed at that level this season considering that he got hurt majorly yet again. Crazy how far he's fallen in skill since leading Michigan to the CFP in 2021.

McNamara will be lucky to make it through preseason practice without getting hurt. That is if he even gets healthy prior to the start of preseason practice. Iowa is going to have to develop a young QB rather quickly or get lucky in the portal.

McNamara was underperforming at the start of last season because he was shaking off an injury. I'd be surprised if he performed at that level this season considering that he got hurt majorly yet again. Crazy how far he's fallen in skill since leading Michigan to the CFP in 2021.
When McNamara transferred to Iowa from Michigan he came along with Eric All, one of the best TEs in college football. As a tandem, those two guys could do a lot of damage, especially in a system like Iowa's which utilizes TEs as offensive weapons. Well, McNamara was injured a lot, and so was All. The narrative never really played out. McNamara is back for 2024, but All has declared for the NFL draft (even though he probably could have gotten an injury waver). It has been a long time since McNamara has played competitively, and he has suffered some big injuries, so I don't see him as the threat he once was. More talented than Deacon, for sure--but a lot more injury prone, too.

Last edited:

Sorry but as I predicted 3 - 9 on a different site. New QB, new DC, still same offensive line coach, same defensive secondary, way more difficult schedule. Just not in the cards to be a force in the B1G this year.

3 wins, the anointed starting QB will find out soon it ain't the CAA.

Brutal schedule. QB is a question mark, but the Gophers may have to struggle to win six. Could even be a 3 or 4 win season, but QB will tell the tale.

QB cafe McNamara might be back from injury . He was also back from injury this year yet didn’t play the gophers.

The last time this OC called plays was 2020.

I agree Iowa will be the betting favorite though. It’s not really a spicy take to say a 10-2 team will probably be favored next year against a 5-7 team. (I’m not saying you think it’s a spicy take…just saying I think most will expect to be an underdog vs Iowa unless something drastic changes in the first few weeks)

2024 - (7-5) record because Brosmer gets hurt in the Iowa came and despite winning the game, it forces Lindsey to start. The Freshmen shows potential, but conservative play calling and inconsistency costs us a few games.

2025 - 10-2 - The foundation was laid in 2024 and the experience Lindsey gained proved helpful. The OL, RB and a stud WR transfer create an offense that seems unstoppable. The team makes the CFP and actually wins a game before losing to the eventual National Champion.
I'll be happy if Lindsey is good. And happier if he stays here.

We lose to Illinois no matter what because Fleck has feet of clay when we play Big Bert. We will claw our way to defeat even though Illinois will try to hand us the game. With that qualifier, I like the"waterfall" analysis above.
That’s what people said about Iowa last year. Just cause Fleck lost the first handful to Bert doesn’t mean we should expect to lose every time going forward.

Top Bottom