2024 POY

RockChalk

Reaction score
With the season starting to wind down to March Madness, who is your leader for National POY?

And why?

Last edited:

Gotta be Edey right?
Yeah, Edey is the boring pick because so much of what he can do just comes down to the sheer size advantage he has over everyone else, but dude is leading the conference in scoring and rebounding.

So at least in terms of the Big Ten is has to be Edey. No clue on the National level.

Yeah, Edey is the boring pick because so much of what he can do just comes down to the sheer size advantage he has over everyone else, but dude is leading the conference in scoring and rebounding.

So at least in terms of the Big Ten is has to be Edey. No clue on the National level.

It’s Edey for NPOY and it won’t even be close

As in unanimous

I'd give it to Filipowski.

Maybe that will appease Jay Bilas and Mike Greenberg and they can get off their high horse and shut up.
Probably be a good your to break tradition and not award it to a player, but give it to the whole Duke team.

They should give it to the whole program in perpetuity until we all admit that Wake Forest student savagely beat an innocent Duke player.
Win the damn game...don't turn the ball over three times in the last minute and there would be nothing for Duke to whine about...at least from Wake Forest on Saturday.

With the season starting to wind down to March Madness, who is your leader for POY?
If we are talking Gophers? It's probably gotta be Garcia. Hawkins is probably in the discussion but
Garcia is our leading scorer by a good margin. Garcia is also our leading rebounder and after Payne nobody else is close. Garcia as the season has unfolded has been the steadying influence for the entire team...on court leadership and delivering big plays when things get dicey.

Bronny James at $7 mil. We're talking NIL MVP, right? ;)

Clearly Garcia. Just look at the Iowa game after he was injured. Gophers are lucky he's from Minnesota and wants to play here.

Whoever beats UConn.

Bronny James at $7 mil. We're talking NIL MVP, right? ;)

Clearly Garcia. Just look at the Iowa game after he was injured. Gophers are lucky he's from Minnesota and wants to play here.

Whoever beats UConn.
If you're looking at the Iowa game after he got injured, you have to look at the Nebraska game after he was injured. But yes--he is the Gophers MVP.

As for the NPOY, its former Pitino target Edey. Maybe unanimous? He is sooooo impactful. I'd like to see Purdue make a deep tourney run.

Edey may win POY again, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fall into the second round.

I haven’t seen a big man as stiff as him in quite awhile. Don’t see him really adding much to the NBA.

Probably be a good your to break tradition and not award it to a player, but give it to the whole Duke team.
If we are talking Gophers? It's probably gotta be Garcia. Hawkins is probably in the discussion but
Garcia is our leading scorer by a good margin. Garcia is also our leading rebounder and after Payne nobody else is close. Garcia as the season has unfolded has been the steadying influence for the entire team...on court leadership and delivering big plays when things get dicey.
It’s a three-way Gopher MVP: Garcia, Hawk, and Fox. No way to underestimate what Fox means to this team through emotional leadership.

It’s a three-way Gopher MVP: Garcia, Hawk, and Fox. No way to underestimate what Fox means to this team through emotional leadership.
I love Fox and all, but the only evidence I need for my MVP vote is to watch this team when Garcia plays v. when he doesn't. The 2nd half of the Iowa game is Exhibit A.

I love Fox and all, but the only evidence I need for my MVP vote is to watch this team when Garcia plays v. when he doesn't. The 2nd half of the Iowa game is Exhibit A.
Second half of first Nebraska game is Exhibit B.

Before you or others go off on this, rest assured I understand that Dawson is the team's MVP, followed by Hawk. They are both high calibre basketball players that could play anywhere in the country.

But from my own perspective I have a feeling that Parker's leadership and inspiration has meant far more to this team than anything we can see from his performance on the floor.

Lol.
Another solid wingnut take.

Team MVP is clearly a 2 man race between Hawkins and Garcia. Strong case can be made for each guy but my guess is it will go to Garcia even though I personally might be inclined to give it to Hawkins.

Team MVP is clearly a 2 man race between Hawkins and Garcia. Strong case can be made for each guy but my guess is it will go to Garcia even though I personally might be inclined to give it to Hawkins.
Maybe go co-captains. 🤔

Top Bottom