OSU -2
PSU -4
Purdue -2
Rutgers -4
UCLA -1
USC -6
WA -3
WI -3
It’s like players are waiting for the highest bidder to make their decisions or something.

Scorecard so far +/- losses versus transfers in:

Illinois +1
Indiana -3
Iowa -3
Maryland -3
Michigan -3
MSU -2
MN -6
Nebraska -5
NW -1
Oregon -2
OSU -2
PSU -4
Purdue -2
Rutgers -4
UCLA -1
USC -6
WA -3
WI -3
At least USC has a proven coach known for luring transfers...

Or the pots of gold are few are far between?
You really have to wonder how the game is being played.... There are very few schools that have limitless funding for this. So it is a huge game of poker for the rest of them. You have to manage your funding until you can get the players you want. That may mean just hanging out and waiting to see what the big boys do and then start offering the best of the rest.

You really have to wonder how the game is being played.... There are very few schools that have limitless funding for this. So it is a huge game of poker for the rest of them. You have to manage your funding until you can get the players you want. That may mean just hanging out and waiting to see what the big boys do and then start offering the best of the rest.

Yeah, it’s high stakes and kids like Carrington who went all in, might end with no 🪑 when the music stops.

I wonder if they’ll be a correction with fewer portalers in the future, when players figure out this isn’t a panacea for the majority of them.

It tells me most of the stories out there about money are exactly what we said they were...BS. If teams were throwing around the types of dollars that the media is talking about more of the guys would be signing. The problem is the sources of those numbers are dubious at best...

And the players get duped and then they end up being really screwed over.

Illinois +1
Indiana -3
Iowa -3
Maryland -3
Michigan -3
MSU -2
MN -6
Nebraska -5
NW -1
Oregon -2
OSU -2
PSU -4
Purdue -2
Rutgers -4
UCLA -1
USC -6
WA -3
WI -3
Who is #6 for us? KK, Carrington, JOJ, Payne, Ihnen.

Who is #6 for us? KK, Carrington, JOJ, Payne, Ihnen.
Any school that had an NBA draft early entrant I put that as a loss. Obviously it is hard to say there as some are far more likely to go than others- so Christie is our add.

Rollie Worster (Utah) portals his way to Nebraska. 6-4 guard averaged 9.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, and 5.5 apg for the Utes. Missed the latter part of the season with a leg injury.

Illinois +1
Indiana -3
Iowa -3
Maryland -3
Michigan -3
MSU -2
MN -6
Nebraska -5
NW -1
Oregon -2
OSU -2
PSU -4
Purdue -2
Rutgers -4
UCLA -1
USC -6
WA -3
WI -3
+/- in QUANTITY will always end up at zero.

QUALITY is what's important.

It tells me most of the stories out there about money are exactly what we said they were...BS. If teams were throwing around the types of dollars that the media is talking about more of the guys would be signing. The problem is the sources of those numbers are dubious at best...

And the players get duped and then they end up being really screwed over.
What is telling you this? Some players not signing yet??

It seems to me that all of the stories out there about money are absolutely true.

I think it's pretty obvious Mizzou paid him $500k or close to it. He is joining an 8-24 team, 0-18 in the SEC last year.

Someone in this thread saying $400k

The close to eternal question in this labyrinth of chaos is the priority each player and his posse puts on money, playing time and chance to win. My guess is jumping to a winless in conference team suggests money might be most important here, but since we don’t know the contract details, we’ll never know for sure.

The close to eternal question in this labyrinth of chaos is the priority each player and his posse puts on money, playing time and chance to win. My guess is jumping to a winless in conference team suggests money might be most important here, but since we don’t know the contract details, we’ll never know for sure.
Yes that would be my guess, $400k are the rumors. Mizzou has a lot of walmart money. Will be interesting to see if they can pull in a few more transfers and be a midpack SEC team.

Rutgers adds Merrimack transfer guard Jordan Derkack.

Last edited:

Top Bottom