2024-25 Big Ten Free Agent Signings

Despite looking like he doesn't care to play the game. Reminds me of a player that's playing because he's told to play because he's tall. Going to be an indifferent millionaire however, can't fault that.
Reminds me of one of my favorite denigrating basketball nicknames--Joe Barely Cares (given by Bob Ryan for Joe Barry Carroll)

It's tied for the gold medal with Dinner Bell Mel(vin) Turpin; I give Al (Vanilla Gorilla) Lorenzen the bronze because he was proud of his nickname.

Did Ben recruit him to Xavier? Never seemed to live up to the hype
That’s what I recall. Would be a great addition to our roster. If I recall correctly, he wasn’t getting much court time in the tournament, though.

Reminds me of one of my favorite denigrating basketball nicknames--Joe Barely Cares (given by Bob Ryan for Joe Barry Carroll)

It's tied for the gold medal with Dinner Bell Mel(vin) Turpin; I give Al (Vanilla Gorilla) Lorenzen the bronze because he was proud of his nickname.
Don't forget John "Hot Plate" Williams lol

He did, but he didn't recruit Wilcher here before he landed at Nebraska.
Didn’t recruit or didn’t land him? Maybe he had too much eligibility left at the time for Ben?

It was a question mark that he didn’t bring in at least one guy from Xavier when he came here.

Didn’t recruit or didn’t land him? Maybe he had too much eligibility left at the time for Ben?

It was a question mark that he didn’t bring in at least one guy from Xavier when he came here.

Didn't recruit him. I know I would rather pass on Wilcher and his eligibility in order to bring in Taurus Samuels the next season.

This thread really underscores the joke college basketball has become. In addition to graduating seniors you have multiple teams (likely us included at this point) who are going to lose at least 4-5 players off their roster to the portal.

Tough to fault players for wanting to take advantage of the system and cash in while they can but it is awful for the fans and game. Too bad there is no way to have a legit fan boycott of college football and basketball until they find a way to solve this unrestircted free agency and bring some sanity back to things. And even if there was a boycott I'm not sure the powers that be would give a crap anyway....as long as the TV money keeps rolling in they will be happy.

This thread really underscores the joke college basketball has become. In addition to graduating seniors you have multiple teams (likely us included at this point) who are going to lose at least 4-5 players off their roster to the portal.

Tough to fault players for wanting to take advantage of the system and cash in while they can but it is awful for the fans and game. Too bad there is no way to have a legit fan boycott of college football and basketball until they find a way to solve this unrestircted free agency and bring some sanity back to things. And even if there was a boycott I'm not sure the powers that be would give a crap anyway....as long as the TV money keeps rolling in they will be happy.
I agree with you 100%. I renewed my season tickets before the season ended, which I’m now starting to regret, but the worst part is trying to explain to an 11-year-old son that his favorite players are leaving for no good reason other than greed. If they thought they didn’t have enough fans in the seats last few years, what’s gonna happen the next couple years they might as well just use a local high school gym

I agree with you 100%. I renewed my season tickets before the season ended, which I’m now starting to regret, but the worst part is trying to explain to an 11-year-old son that his favorite players are leaving for no good reason other than greed. If they thought they didn’t have enough fans in the seats last few years, what’s gonna happen the next couple years they might as well just use a local high school gym
TV contracts will follow, not worth watching anymore.

Top Bottom