2022 Big Ten Quarterback Rankings (7. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

7. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
The return of Kirk Ciarrocca as play-caller is good news for a Minnesota offense looking to get back on track after a sluggish performance (25.5 points a game) in 2021. With Ciarrocca as the offensive coordinator in ’19, the Golden Gophers ranked third in the Big Ten in scoring (34.1 points a game) and second in yards per play (6.4). Also, Morgan had the best season of his career, throwing for 3,253 yards and 30 touchdowns to just seven picks. In that prolific ’19 campaign, Morgan led the Big Ten in yards per attempt (10.2), completions of 40-plus yards (14) and ranked second in quarterback rating (178.7). However, since that season, Morgan has completed 58.9 percent of his throws for 3,418 yards and 17 touchdowns to 14 picks. Can he get back on track in his final year with the Golden Gophers?

Go Gophers!!

We’re biased here but would anyone take Clifford over Morgan? Despite having a much more talented surrounding cast he hasn’t had a comparable season to Morgan’s 2019 campaign. Mental toughness seems to be lacking. Arm is meh.

Other than that, the list seems to be reasonable. I’m not sold on McNamara‘s clutch factor but he does have a stronger arm. Will revisit in January.

We’re biased here but would anyone take Clifford over Morgan? Despite having a much more talented surrounding cast he hasn’t had a comparable season to Morgan’s 2019 campaign. Mental toughness seems to be lacking. Arm is meh.

Other than that, the list seems to be reasonable. I’m not sold on McNamara‘s clutch factor but he does have a stronger arm. Will revisit in January.
clifford is better, i could argue multiple behind morgan are better

I'd take Clifford over Morgan. Clifford's biggest issue is he has to be a runner in order to be effective and that gets him banged up too often.

clifford is better, i could argue multiple behind morgan are better
The only person behind Morgan where maybe there is an argument is Thompson.

And if Morgan can rediscover what made him so great in 2019 a case could be made for him to be significantly higher on this list. As it stands though, 7th feels about right given that we don't know what the return of KC is going to do for Morgan.

Is it me? and I've said this before...Is Tagovailoa overrated because of his name?

17_UFOT_D_2_60280073.jpg

Top Bottom