2021 College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

UMBC Retrievers' 5-foot-2 guard Darnell Rogers enters transfer portal​

UMBC guard Darnell Rogers, believed to be the shortest scholarship player in Division I basketball history, has entered the transfer portal, he told ESPN on Monday.

Rogers, who is 5-foot-2, started all 20 games for UMBC this past season. He played seven games last season before suffering a hamstring injury and then battling leg, abductor and groin injuries. Rogers ultimately took a medical redshirt season, leaving him with potentially two years remaining at his next school due to the NCAA granting every winter sport student-athlete an additional year of eligibility.

He started his career at Florida Gulf Coast before spending a season at New Mexico Junior College and then transferring to UMBC.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

This is interesting to me. I'm not sure if Shrewsberry has even been officially announced at PSU yet? Either way, very fast decision by these players. I am doubting that they have already had in-depth conversations with Shrewsberry to where they can say "I'm not a fit with this coach."

So either they did some research on him and decided that for themselves or, more likely, they just want a change of scenery and are using the coaching change as the vehicle to transfer.

Ish could actually be a really good pickup for the gophers to replace Mash. Won't be a star but a very solid player if he wants to come home.
They will need a point guard or two.

Surprised Minnesota didn't have another one today. I'm wondering what Mitchell will do. Gabe, Tre, Johnson, and Liam know they can be key contributors next year. I dont see Gach transferring again. Freeman perhaps

Surprised Minnesota didn't have another one today. I'm wondering what Mitchell will do. Gabe, Tre, Johnson, and Liam know they can be key contributors next year. I dont see Gach transferring again. Freeman perhaps
If not in now, they either have not had time or waiting for announcement of new coach. May have a sense it will come soon and decide then.

Gonna be like 2500 players in the portal and Gopherhole will only look at kids from Minnesota to come here.
Honestly I wouldnt care usually, but I think Minnesotan transfers are much more likely this year. I know I definitely wouldn't want to come into this mess unless I had a connection to the state.

Honestly I wouldnt care usually, but I think Minnesotan transfers are much more likely this year. I know I definitely wouldn't want to come into this mess unless I had a connection to the state.
Not a fan of the head coach?

Damian Johnson tweeted out that he'd like to see Parker Fox and Jamison Battle as Gophers next year. Anyone know much about Fox? There have been some players transfer up in recent years and have success Duncan Robinson at Michigan, I think there was a big kid at Xavier, a few others.

Damian Johnson tweeted out that he'd like to see Parker Fox and Jamison Battle as Gophers next year. Anyone know much about Fox? There have been some players transfer up in recent years and have success Duncan Robinson at Michigan, I think there was a big kid at Xavier, a few others.
All I know is that he's already in high demand.

I’m for the new coach bring every Minnesota kid back to the Gophers. It’s time to right some wrongs

If we have a mass transfers, we should do an open try out like they had in the classic film "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh."

Last edited:

Top Bottom