2020 Recruiting

adamj95

Whalen will get the players she wants, just have to give her time. Most coaches have been recruiting players for years, Whalen has only been coach for a year and a half. #TrustTheProcess?? ;)

FiveOut

Whalen will get the players she wants, just have to give her time. Most coaches have been recruiting players for years, Whalen has only been coach for a year and a half. #TrustTheProcess?? ;)
Recruiting at the Big 10 level is a 3-4 year cycle and she's only been in it for a year. She's in good shape on the 2021s, 2022s and 2023s so far.

Correct. No other Minnesota kids left to recruit in 2020. Will say kinda blows holes in the excuse of needing time to build relationships. UNC just offered her in July after new coach came in April. Kinda a shame Gopher coaches get burned for spending time on a kid only to have UNC swoop in at the end doing a lot less work and getting rewarded. Wonder what Whalen and company gotta do to get another 2020 commit

Are the Gophers WBB shooting blanks for instate 2020 recruiting?

whalenfan

Correct. No other Minnesota kids left to recruit in 2020. Will say kinda blows holes in the excuse of needing time to build relationships. UNC just offered her in July after new coach came in April. Kinda a shame Gopher coaches get burned for spending time on a kid only to have UNC swoop in at the end doing a lot less work and getting rewarded. Wonder what Whalen and company gotta do to get another 2020 commit
Still alot of time left before signing day, still alot of targets on the board. Whalen and Danielle were in Ohio yesterday visiting with Alexia Smith who'll be coming on an official visit soon, 46th ranked player on espn. http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/236618

8 known offers for 3 scholarships to be exact.

Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17

Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30

Gabby Elliott, 5’10 W, Detroit Edison HS (MI) ESPN Ranked #42

Alexia Smith, 5’8 PG, Columbus HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #46

Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #59

Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)

Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada

Still alot of time left before signing day, still alot of targets on the board. Whalen and Danielle were in Ohio yesterday visiting with Alexia Smith who'll be coming on an official visit soon, 46th ranked player on espn. http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/236618

whalenfan

8 known offers for 3 scholarships to be exact.

Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17

Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30

Gabby Elliott, 5’10 W, Detroit Edison HS (MI) ESPN Ranked #42

Alexia Smith, 5’8 PG, Columbus HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #46

Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #59

Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)

Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada
With the transfer market as crazy as it is, leaving a scholly or 2 open for the late period isnt a bad idea either.

Ignatius L Hoops

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/high_school/basketball/basketball-lourdes-ustby-picks-north-carolina/article_6abf92c6-da7a-11e9-ba1a-ff52a964015c.html
Alyssa Ustby had an overwhelming feeling when she first set foot on the University of North Carolina campus.

That was one month ago. Thursday, she made if official. The Rochester Lourdes basketball star announced that it would be her college home a year from now. She was going to be a Tar Heel.

“As soon as I stepped on campus at North Carolina, I knew it was going to be my new home,” said Ustby, who had narrowed her choices to North Carolina and Minnesota.

“I’d been torn between Minnesota and North Carolina. But when I went on my official visit to North Carolina, I didn’t want to leave.”

Can't hurt on a recruiting visit that NC has a Minnesota native on the roster, I suppose.
I've always wondered why posters were so keen to get Ustby. Local player, I know, but she was not even in ESPN's top 100. Having just seen some (ok) video of her: Does she have an unusually big upside or something?

BarnBall

Very good question. Was disappointed Utsby did not pick the GOPHERS. I hope in the course of the next fours years the Gophers meet up with the Tar Heels. Game on!
Can't hurt on a recruiting visit that NC has a Minnesota native on the roster, I suppose.
I've always wondered why posters were so keen to get Ustby. Local player, I know, but she was not even in ESPN's top 100. Having just seen some (ok) video of her: Does she have an unusually big upside or something?

in state recruiting

Mr. Pitino, with more years under his belt here, may strike out for two years in a row on in state recruits.

So many reasons that "kids" may choose to go somewhere else versus staying "home". I've got no concerns over Whalen and her ability to get the best players - no matter where they come from.

Latest profile posts

Hi guys, I'm new here! Since I can remember, I’ve always been a sports fan. I haven’t been a student for a long time, but I have a direct bearing on student life and educational programmes so please feel free to write me on any matter!
I have been in the tech business for a very long time. I am now familiar with the ins and outs of the hacking, cracking, monitoring, and other related fields. Currently, my goal is spread information on these topics through blog. You can check out my “snapchat hack download” article to get an idea of what I’m up to.
I could see pitino being a lock for Syracuse if that job opens up. He was raised in NYC and has family in the North East.