2020 gopher record

Some guy

Reaction score
Would’ve been Claeys’ 2nd best big ten winning % (of 3)
Kill’s 3rd best (of 5)
Brewsters best (of 4)
Masons 5th best (of 10)

since Mason arrived in 1997 last season was Minnesota’s 8th best season in terms of big ten winning percentage of 24 seasons. That’s top 1/3rd

Maybe it wasn’t as bad as we all thought.
not going 3-1 or 2-1 or 3-0 or 4-0 against cupcakes screws people’s perspectives.

I'm a Fleck guy. We are lucky to have him. Last year was a weird year, we'll be at 9+ wins this year.

I'm a Fleck guy. We are lucky to have him. Last year was a weird year, we'll be at 9+ wins this year
Very optimistic sir but much would need to go are way like a couple forfeits.

Very optimistic sir but much would need to go are way like a couple forfeits.
?
OSU: L
Miami OH: W
Colorado: toss (has no QB still)
BG: W
Purdue: W
Neb: W
MD:W
NW: toss (next to nothing coming back for production, 126th in the nation)
Ill: W
Iowa: toss (they should be solid)
Ind: toss (does Penix have the same burst as prior?)
WI: toss (we saw their offense stagnate, but it's still WI)
6-1 with 5 toss ups . It really isn't at all a stretch to see 9 wins this year with a veteran QB, OL, and RB with a defense that should improve if it can put any semblance of a pass rush out there given our LBers can't be worse after a year of experience.

?
6-1 with 5 toss ups . It really isn't at all a stretch to see 9 wins this year with a veteran QB, OL, and RB with a defense that should improve if it can put any semblance of a pass rush out there given our LBers can't be worse after a year of experience.
It is a hell of a stretch!!! There is no way the Gophs lose 3. UNDEFEATED BABY!!!!!

?
Yeah.

I've said it before...entirely possible to start the season with a win!

My biggest concern is Iowa, Ind and WI to end the season. Those are three tough games and winning all of them will be very hard. I would say we have a better chance of winning the OSU game vs. winning all three of those. However, start with a W and build momentum throughout the year and watch out.

this gets back to the old argument:

how important are the 'rivalry' games?

For me, a 9-3 record where two of the three losses are to IA and WI leaves me feeling disappointed.
An 8-4 record with wins over IA and WI would actually have me feeling better about the season.
I put much more importance on the trophy games compared to any other game.

It's the difference between catching a whole string of crappies or sunfish as opposed to catching one really big Northern. I don't care how many little fish you catch. I want the big fish.

this gets back to the old argument:

how important are the 'rivalry' games?

For me, a 9-3 record where two of the three losses are to IA and WI leaves me feeling disappointed.
An 8-4 record with wins over IA and WI would actually have me feeling better about the season.
I put much more importance on the trophy games compared to any other game.

It's the difference between catching a whole string of crappies or sunfish as opposed to catching one really big Northern. I don't care how many little fish you catch. I want the big fish.
When are you sending out my invitation to your fish fry? 🤤

Top Bottom