2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

howeda7

What is the latest someone had announced for POTUS and won a nomination from either DNC or GOP?
Before primaries they were picked at the convention, and I believe in a few cases a compromise candidate who was not even running at the beginning was picked. I'm not sure what the latest is in the modern primaries though. I don't think anyone who wasn't in for at least the 1st primary has ever won.

howeda7

Hillary will announce she's running. It's the only way she can deflect the corruption that's being uncovered in Ukraine. She'll help propagate the "He's attacking his political rivals" narrative. Hell Mitt Romney might make a run in the primary for the same reason.
Lol. Not happening. I bet you can get odds on that in Vegas though. Go cash in.

MnplsGopher

Before primaries they were picked at the convention, and I believe in a few cases a compromise candidate who was not even running at the beginning was picked. I'm not sure what the latest is in the modern primaries though. I don't think anyone who wasn't in for at least the 1st primary has ever won.
I meant modern. OK, I guess there’s still time for the first primary...

bga1

I maintain that the only person who could get in now and win is Michelle O. and she's not going to.
I think you are actually right! I have been trying to catch you posting correctly on the OTB site for a few years.... mission accomplished.

Biden is toast.
Bernie never had a chance.
Pochahontas has very little chance. Her agenda kills the Dems in a lot of states. She loses the states that Hillary did.
Still hoping for Amy? :) I can just hear the rumblings of a huge groundswell of support for her. Imagine the crowds when she speaks and electrifies the arena!

KillerGopherFan

Hillary will announce she's running. It's the only way she can deflect the corruption that's being uncovered in Ukraine. She'll help propagate the "He's attacking his political rivals" narrative. Hell Mitt Romney might make a run in the primary for the same reason.
Have to agree with howie on this one. Neither is going to happen. Mitt Romney is enjoying his role of being a pain in the ass for Trump and he would only do a little better than the 3 Stooges currently running (if you can call it that) against Trump for the nomination.

JimmyJamesMD

Trump is radioactive to the swamp rats. He’s the great disrupter. Just follow the money, 5 of the 6 richest counties in the country surround the DC beltway. What is produced there? Is it a Silicon Valley or a Bakken reservoir? Many of these bureaucrats are making six figure incomes. Trump knows we have a federal government we don’t need and can’t afford. The swamp rats have too much to lose and will fight him tooth and nail.
I think lost in the shuffle here is everyone believes there is only one swamp. There are republican swaps and democrat swamps. Trump might be against D swamps, but has literally hired members of the R swamp

I think you are actually right! I have been trying to catch you posting correctly on the OTB site for a few years.... mission accomplished.

Biden is toast.
Bernie never had a chance.
Pochahontas has very little chance. Her agenda kills the Dems in a lot of states. She loses the states that Hillary did.
Still hoping for Amy? :) I can just hear the rumblings of a huge groundswell of support for her. Imagine the crowds when she speaks and electrifies the arena!
Quid pro Joe was the only one with a chance in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That went down the sh!t chute with the 50,000 a month payment to his loser kid. “The Lunch Pail Joe” schtick isn’t going to play anymore in Wilkes Barre and Moon township.

bga1

I think lost in the shuffle here is everyone believes there is only one swamp. There are republican swaps and democrat swamps. Trump might be against D swamps, but has literally hired members of the R swamp
Of course he has! That's the hiring pool. If you hire people from outside of the DC swamp you have someone that is going to be swimming upstream with everything they do and they will not know the workings. If you hire someone inside the Beltway you going to have swamp tendencies whether they are D or R.

The longer anyone stays in the government, the more likely they get sucked into the swamp...D or R. That tends to favor the Ds because their policies favor centralized government power. So you are going to always see the swamp critters rebel against a chain breaker like Trump who doesn't have allegiances to the swamp and in fact, wants to break the swamp up.

There’s no discernible difference between the likes of Romney, Sasse, the Bushes, Clinton Obama Schumer and their myrmidons. They’re opposing sides of the same coin. They went to the same Ivy League schools, belonged to the same fraternities, where the same suits, go to the same Georgetown cocktail parties. They love schmoes like you who are dense to see it.

JimmyJamesMD

Of course he has! That's the hiring pool. If you hire people from outside of the DC swamp you have someone that is going to be swimming upstream with everything they do and they will not know the workings. If you hire someone inside the Beltway you going to have swamp tendencies whether they are D or R.

The longer anyone stays in the government, the more likely they get sucked into the swamp...D or R. That tends to favor the Ds because their policies favor centralized government power. So you are going to always see the swamp critters rebel against a chain breaker like Trump who doesn't have allegiances to the swamp and in fact, wants to break the swamp up.
I hate that excuse though. Hate it. Then hire total outsiders, Hire people with integrity. I dont understand why you would hire anyone from the swamp.

JimmyJamesMD

There’s no discernible difference between the likes of Romney, Sasse, the Bushes, Clinton Obama Schumer and their myrmidons. They’re opposing sides of the same coin. They went to the same Ivy League schools, belonged to the same fraternities, where the same suits, go to the same Georgetown cocktail parties. They love schmoes like you who are dense to see it.
And Trump is right there with them

MnplsGopher

I hate that excuse though. Hate it. Then hire total outsiders, Hire people with integrity. I dont understand why you would hire anyone from the swamp.
I don’t understand how you could possibly believe electing someone with zero experience in government could have a positive effect on ... well, anything. First and foremost, the quality of life and well-being of you and your family.

bga1

I don’t understand how you could possibly believe electing someone with zero experience in government could have a positive effect on ... well, anything. First and foremost, the quality of life and well-being of you and your family.
But amazingly- that's exactly what Trump has done- improve the life of the common American. Wages up. Unemployment down. Taxes down. Inflation low. Stock market/401ks - high. Minority employment- way up. New wars- none. Consumer confidence- high.

MnplsGopher

But amazingly- that's exactly what Trump has done- improve the life of the common American. Wages up. Unemployment down. Taxes down. Inflation low. Stock market/401ks - high. Minority employment- way up. New wars- none. Consumer confidence- high.
None of which he, in of himself being himself and doing it in his way, is responsible for. Any R president would’ve done the same, probably better results too.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Quid pro Joe was the only one with a chance in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That went down the sh!t chute with the 50,000 a month payment to his loser kid. “The Lunch Pail Joe” schtick isn’t going to play anymore in Wilkes Barre and Moon township.
Love your posts, keep 'em coming.

Disagree on Quid Pro Joe though. Quid Pro Joe never had a chance in Ohio, PA or Wisconsin. You think blue collar voters who voted Trump in 2016 would come back to the D's for Joe Biden? Those voters are gone, forever. Trump has them making more money, paying less taxes, economy's great & Trump's made it ok again to be blue collar. He's also building the wall, defeated ISIS & is working his nuts off to renegotiate the trade deals that killed their states. There's not a single thing Joe Biden does better than Donald Trump in the eyes of the blue collar, Midwestern voter. Biden was a pacer. They knew he'd fade.

bga1

None of which he, in of himself being himself and doing it in his way, is responsible for. Any R president would’ve done the same, probably better results too.
Sounds like you at least agree that voting R is a smarter choice. That's progress!

Latest profile posts

Hi guys, I'm new here! Since I can remember, I’ve always been a sports fan. I haven’t been a student for a long time, but I have a direct bearing on student life and educational programmes so please feel free to write me on any matter!
I have been in the tech business for a very long time. I am now familiar with the ins and outs of the hacking, cracking, monitoring, and other related fields. Currently, my goal is spread information on these topics through blog. You can check out my “snapchat hack download” article to get an idea of what I’m up to.
I could see pitino being a lock for Syracuse if that job opens up. He was raised in NYC and has family in the North East.