2019 MN United In-Season thread

Heath butchered the lineup in the open cup final and he butchered it again tonight. Sadly he’ll be back.

Really? That lineup created 4-5 perfect chances in the first half that could not have been better. This team needs a true finisher. Our defense and mid field played a perfect game for 85 minutes. We once again completely shut down and frustrated Zlatan. The difference was they put a couple of their good chances on net and we put them over the cross bar or 10 feet wide.

quick math - I count 20 games this year in MLS where the Loons scored 1 or 0 goals.

This season, there was a lot of improvement on defense.

to be a contender, they have to find a way to score more goals. To my uneducated eye, it seems like the Loons have a lot of give-aways and unforced errors when trying to work the ball into scoring position.

either they have to find a way to get more scoring from the current roster, or more player movement will have to take place.

Their whole goal in last off season was to shore up our defense. They did it in a huge way: Ike (defender of the year), metanire (may be the best loon at his position), Vito (I hope they get him back he was great in goal), Ozzie (down and dirty do everything with more experience than anyone in the league), Goose (shaky start but he played really well down the stretch), Gasper and Dotson (damn those are some good rookies and picks).

Goal easily achieved. How many 0's did we put up on other teams?

As far as offense goes, we just need a true finisher. Our goal differential was one of the best in the league this year.

Really? That lineup created 4-5 perfect chances in the first half that could not have been better. This team needs a true finisher. Our defense and mid field played a perfect game for 85 minutes. We once again completely shut down and frustrated Zlatan. The difference was they put a couple of their good chances on net and we put them over the cross bar or 10 feet wide.

Toye finishes both of the sitters that Rodriguez butchered. Lod had no business being in the XI. Remember when he benched the tournament golden boot winner in the open cup final?

Heath, the striker whisperer (ha), traded away his best striker away to make room for Rodriguez (barf), drafted Danladi over Ebobisse (barf), and is reportedly already moving on from Rodriguez according to reports. Not much of a striker whisperer. I'm sure he'll run Toye into a wall soon or maybe he'll nail his 3rd or 4th try.

Fortunately for his resume, he can credit his 3rd year success to the front office for buying him a defense, central midfield, and goalie.

Last edited:

As far as offense goes, we just need a true finisher.

Ya, where can we find a US international with multiple caps averaging double digit goals in his first 3 MLS seasons?

Last edited:

Toye finishes both of the sitters that Rodriguez butchered. Lod had no business being in the XI. Remember when he benched the tournament golden boot winner in the open cup final?

Heath, the striker whisperer (ha), traded away his best striker away to make room for Rodriguez (barf), drafted Danladi over Ebobisse (barf), and is reportedly already moving on from Rodriguez according to reports. Not much of a striker whisperer. I'm sure he'll run Toye into a wall soon or maybe he'll nail his 3rd or 4th try.

Fortunately for his resume, he can credit his 3rd year success to the front office for buying him a defense, central midfield, and goalie.

Toye has had his fair share of skying balls over the crossbar from 6 yards out too.

I agree with you on Lod, I don't know why he was in there. He is our 2nd highest paid player...

Top Bottom