2019 GopherHole Survey

DL65

Reaction score
It’s been seven years since I conducted a GopherHole Survey; it ran for eight consecutive years.

The purpose of the survey is twofold: First, to provide feedback to the GopherHole Admins concerning what you like about GopherHole, and what you’d like to see added or improved on this website. The Admins are very much interested in reading what you have to say. Second, it is an opportunity to discover a little about the posters/members – nothing too personal. There are a lot of new members since the last survey. Hopefully you’ll participate.

I ask, since the thread can get quite large, that comments about the survey be posted in another thread. Also, negative comments about members should not appear in the survey - no hijacking.
The survey will run through September 30. At its conclusion, I’ll compile the results and write a summary related to the submitted information.

I want to take this opportunity to thank GopherLady/Nadine and the Admins for making this site what it is today! Also, thank you to all who write articles that appear on its pages.

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes Detroit Lakes

Current Address/Locale: Knoxville,Iowa

Gopher Fan Since: 1954

Season Ticket Holder: No

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: No. Sadly, not recently.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1969 B.A. Moorhead State College (Now Minnesota State University - Moorhead) and Brown Institute, Broadcasting.

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Timely information, knowledgeable posters, diverse opinions, humor, articles, recruiting news, and it’s free.

Favorite posters: Daniel House’s in-depth reporting, SON’s Sports Huddle notes, BleedGophers’ many links, GopherLady’s timely presser notes and other contributions. I also like Nomellini’s trivia questions “On this date.”

What changes you’d like so see: Removal of posts causing threads to be hijacked.

FUN QUESTIONS RELATED TO PLAYERS, COACHES YOU WATCHED SINCE YOU STARTED FOLLOWING GOPHER FOOTBALL

All-Time Favorite Player: Bobby Bell

Best Gopher Defense: 1962

Best Gopher Offense: 2003

Best Gopher Head Coach: Murray Warmath

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Dave Winfield

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes

Current Address/Locale: Duluth, MN

Gopher Fan Since: 1983

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes, I usually make it to 1-2 home games per year and watch the rest on TV.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: MSU-Moorhead, 2001

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Timely information, knowledgeable posters, diverse opinions, humor, articles, recruiting news, and it’s free.

Favorite posters: Daniel House's in-depth reporting, SON’s Sports Huddle notes

What changes you'd like so see: Removal of posts causing threads to be hijacked.

FUN QUESTIONS RELATED TO PLAYERS, COACHES YOU WATCHED SINCE YOU STARTED FOLLOWING GOPHER FOOTBALL

All-Time Favorite Player: Greg Eslinger

Best Gopher Defense: 1999 (the best defense during the Mason years, which isn't saying much)

Best Gopher Head Coach: Glen Mason (during my lifetime). I'm hopeful Fleck will be better eventually.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Bobby Jackson

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Eden Prairie, MN

Gopher Fan Since: 1984

Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Also, formerly hockey season ticket holder)

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: University of Minnesota, 2000 B.A.; MBA, St. Cloud State University, 2016

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? It’s free, it’s entertaining, keeps me up date, especially during the off-season, knowledgeable posters, diverse opinions, humor, articles, recruiting news.

Favorite posters: Daniel House, Norman Dale, Studwell55, The Hungry Sailor, Tipsy McStagger & Lloyd Christmas. BleedGopher. Swingman for his positivity, dpodoll68 for putting people in their place when they try to exaggerate, GophersinIowa, Pompous Elititst, Bob_Loblaw.

What changes you like so see: Not much. Lots of posts that make me cringe, but i’'s a place for discussion. I understand wanting to vent sometimes.

All-Time Favorite Player: 1) Ryan Keller, 2) Matt Spaeth, 3) Tony Patterson

Best Gopher Defense: 1999, 2014

Best Gopher Offense: 2003, 2005

Best Gopher Head Coach: I appreciate what Mason & Kill & now what Fleck has done.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Paul Martin, Terrance Simmons, Ron Johnson

Didn't start getting into college sports in general until I started actually going to college in 2007.

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes (Home town is International Falls)

Current Address/Locale: Bemidji, Minn.

Gopher Fan Since: 2007

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Try to but don't always succeed

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 2009 graduate of Rainy River Community College with an AA, 2012 graduate of Minnesota State University Moorhead with a BS in Mass Comm.

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? A fun spot to chit chat with a Minnesota focus. It's a little intense occasionally, but a good time.

Favorite posters: Daniel House, BleedGopher, GopherLady

What changes you’d like so see: Maybe pin a few more threads that go throughout the season.

All-Time Favorite Player: Eric Decker, David Cobb, Maxx Williams

Best Gopher Defense: 2014

Best Gopher Offense: 2014

Best Gopher Head Coach: Jerry Kill

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Trevor Mbakwe, Kyle Rau, Jalen Myrick.

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: MN

Gopher Fan Since: 2004

Season Ticket Holder: Yes

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes, I’ve missed one season and one game since 2004.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: U of M: BSEE 2007, MBT 2015; St. Thomas: MBA 2011

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Recruiting news, Gopher content

Favorite posters: Daniel House's in-depth reporting, SON’s Sports Huddle notes

What changes you'd like so see: Sunnier disposition amongst our fan base... Not every post needs the same handful of posters to come preach doom and gloom... I suspect some are actually Badgers fans with too much time on their hands.

All-Time Favorite Player: Rashod Bateman

Best Gopher Defense: Claeys/Sawvel the year Hageman became a force

Best Gopher Offense: 2018 (expect 2019 by the end of the year)

Best Gopher Head Coach: I’m confident in PJ, but Mason had most success since 2004, Kill/Claeys built things back up and are likely better X’s And O’s, PJ is by far the best recruiter (which is a good chunk of college coaching).

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): I think D. Campbell

Short Ornery Norwegian

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Windom, MN

Gopher Fan Since: 1965

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: No. I work most Saturdays.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: BA in Communications from Augsburg College in 1978. Broadcasting Degree from Brown College in 1987.

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Gopher Hole is my escape from the real world - work, bills, health. It's like a vacation from all the BS I don't want to deal with.

Favorite posters: Spoofin and Pompous on the football board. On the OTB, Costa and bga are the guys I like to argue with. (but if you ask them, they've won every argument...)

What changes youÂ’d like so see: Keeping threads on topic. Also, spell out rules and regs for why people are banned, and how they can be re-instated.

All-Time Favorite Player: Darrell Thompson (Tyrone Carter runner-up)

Best Gopher Defense: 1999. Karon Riley all-conf, TC wins Thorpe award. Schlecht and Middlebrooks 2nd team All-conf.

Best Gopher Offense: 2003 Barber, Maroney, Tapeh, AAK at QB

Best Gopher Head Coach: All-time Bernie Bierman. In my lifetime, Warmath. (born in '55, but don't really remember the '60 and '61 teams)

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): have to go with Dave Winfield. Eric Dekker honorable mention.

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Twin Cities

Gopher Fan Since: ~2000

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: get to as many as I can for football and hockey

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: BS from UND in 2013, MD from UMN in 2017

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? good debate and speculation about gopher sports with some highly entertaining posters

Favorite posters: DanielHouse, GopherLady, BleedGopher

What changes you’d like so see: threads being policed more heavily for people derailing them

All-Time Favorite Player: Decker, Rodney Smith, Coughlin

Best Gopher Defense: 2016

Best Gopher Head Coach: PJ Fleck; if you'd asked me 2 years ago it absolutely would've been Kill, but he's burned too many bridges to me

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Bateman, Kessel, Rodney Williams

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Waukee, IA

Gopher Fan Since: 1969

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: I usually make it to 1 home game a year and watch the rest on TV. Was ecstatic to see basketball at NCAA Regionals here in Des Moines

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: Univ. of Minnesota, 1982 bachelor's, 1994 Master's

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Timely information, knowledgeable posters, diverse opinions, recruiting news, Gopher history tidbits, and it’s free. Some of the threads do cause me to cringe, and I stopped posting a few years back. Recently decided to come back.....

Favorite posters: Daniel House's in-depth reporting, SON’s Sports Huddle notes, most anything by Gopher Lady or Moonlight

What changes you'd like so see: Little more policing of posts causing threads to be hijacked. Some of it just seems like beating a dead horse....

All-Time Favorite Player: Rick Upchurch

Best Gopher Defense: 1999 (the best defense during the Mason years)

Best Gopher Offense: 2003. loved the running game two minute drill in the 2003 Sun Bowl.

Best Gopher Head Coach: Glen Mason (during my lifetime). I'm hopeful Fleck will be better eventually.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Dave Winfield way above every one else. Drafted professionally in three different sports, Hall of Fame professional career, and he could have made the majors as a pitcher!

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Twin Cities Metro

Gopher Fan Since: About 1980

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Not quite.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: B.S.

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Free info and free discussion about Gopher sports and more

Favorite posters: myself. I think I'm excellent at this. Daniel House does a great job. Too many to name.

What changes you'd like so see: updated forum site would be good where you can "Like" a post. Often times I'd like to just echo a comment so a like and dislike feature seems appropriate.

All-Time Favorite Player: Ricky Foggie, Darryl Thompson

Best Gopher Defense: 1999 / 2016

Best Gopher Offense: 2003 / 2018 (still hopeful for 2019)

Best Gopher Head Coach: Glen Mason, then Kill. Hope Fleck surpasses them both around 2022.

Best Looking Gopher Head coach: PJ Fleck

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): I assume Spoofin

Last edited:

Current Address/Locale: Los Angeles, CA most of the time

Gopher Fan Since: Birth

Season Ticket Holder: Former

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: JD and MBA

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? There really aren't too many die hard Gopher fans, so it's nice to come to a place where that exists. We can actually debate whether Ciarocca RUTM more or less than Limegrover. That's a foreign language to most folks in MN.

Favorite posters: The guy that grades the OL, Spoofin, the people who transcribe the press conferences.

What changes you'd like to see: I can't think of any. There are thinks that annoy me, but I'm sure a lot of other people like those things.

All-Time Favorite Player: MBIII

Best Gopher Defense: 1999

Best Gopher Head Coach: Kill or Mason. Mason had more longevity but a couple of heartbreakers, while I was in college, take him down a notch for me.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Rodney Williams, Brandon Owens

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Seattle, WA

Gopher Fan Since: 2013

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 2017 BS in Computer Science from University of Minnesota

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole?: One stop shop for information about the gophers

Favorite posters: Daniel House

What changes you’d like so see: Lots of arguements get re-hashed verbatim in multiple threads, some more policing of that would be nice if possible.

All-Time Favorite Player: Rodney Smith

Best Gopher Defense: No Idea

Best Gopher Offense: Now

Best Gopher Head Coach: PJ Fleck

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): No Idea

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: No

Current Address/Locale: Fort Collins, CO

Gopher Fan Since: 2004

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: No

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: BA from the U; MA from U Chicago

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole?: Nice way to kill some time. Sometimes I learn something.

Favorite posters: Anyone with an avatar and a sarcastic personality.

What changes you’d like so see: 1. I hate "all things" threads. For those of us who come here infrequently, it is hard to follow. 2. Not enough off topic stuff on the Off Topic board. Just a bunch of political flaming.

All-Time Favorite Player: Bo Jackson

Favorite band: The Band

Favorite movie: First Blood

Book(s) I am reading: Moby Dick and Byzantine Aesthetics

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: No, born and lived in the North of England all my life

Current Address/Locale: Middlesbrough, England

Gopher Fan Since: 2012

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Not always. Try to attend a home opener and a bowl game when I can.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1994 BA History (University of Leeds; 1996 Postgraduate Certificate of Education (University of Leeds); 2005 Postgraduate Diploma in Education Research (University of Teesside).

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? The best place to get news and opinion on my favourite football team. Every season is like a shared rollercoaster of emotions!

Favorite posters: SON Sportshuddle. Anyone that keeps a thread on the intended track.

What changes you’d like so see: Like it as it is - maybe some way to link with more digital video content - Game highlights etc?

All-Time Favorite Player: Brock Vereen

Best Gopher Defense: 2016

Best Gopher Offense: 2019 (in terms of talent level)

Best Gopher Head Coach: PJ Fleck

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Pete Mortell

Go Gophers!!

.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Savage, MN

Gopher Fan Since: mid 1980s

Season Ticket Holder: yes

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yep

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 2 U of MN degrees related to my field of healthcare

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? 1) cost, 2) witty repartee, 3) a communal place to commiserate, 4) my go to on-line "time waster" at work

Favorite / most memorable posters: SON (anyone who can transcribe Sir Sid on the Sports Huddle deserves their own place in GopherHole lore), DetleffromtheEssenHaus :clap:

What changes you’d like so see: anything politically related on the off-topic board though I imagine the "clicks" related to those threads really drive up the click count. Just a reminder as to the sad state of affairs this country is in.

All-Time Favorite Player: Danny Nystrom for his 1999 game-winning kick at Penn State.

Best Gopher Defense: None deserving in my life

Best Gopher Offense: the first 2½ quarters of the 2003 Michigan football game

Best Gopher Head Coach: In hindsight probably Mase

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Dave Winfield is the only correct answer

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Minneapolis, MN

Season Ticket Holder: Not any more

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes. At least 1 road and a one home per year.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: U of M Grad

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Debating about my favorite sports team. The humor is outstanding sometimes as well.

Favorite posters: I actually like most - even those that don’t like me. Really appreciate the effort from SON and Bleed

What changes you'd like to see: No comment

All-Time Favorite Player: RF14

Best Gopher Defense: BBC and EM31

Best Gopher Offense: MBIII and LM22

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): MG5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Anoka County now...Iron Range native.

Gopher Fan Since: 1971

Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Also, formerly hockey season ticket holder)

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Typically only miss a game to go deer hunting...

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: University of Minnesota-Duluth Grad 1984

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Best source of information from others who are really into Gopher Football. In game thread during away games, postgame threads after every game. Knowledgeable recruiting threads, lately the in depth game and position play breakdowns, antics and sarcasm of some of the more active posters.

Favorite posters: Daniel House, BleedGopher, PuertoRican Gopher, GophersinIowa, Spoofin, , GopherLady, WestFargo Gopher, Pompous Elititst, hard working SON, & Bob_Loblaw for his legal expertise.

What changes you like so see: Not much. Some of the threads the past few years involving legal matters have gone nuts.

All-Time Favorite Player: Rick Upchurch, Rickey Foggie, Darrel Thompson, Lamanzer Williams.

Best Gopher Defense: defer

Best Gopher Offense: defer

Best Gopher Head Coach: Kill/Claeys... we will never know how far it could have gone.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Larry Olimb, Kevin McHale, Rick Upchurch.

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes, north suburbs

Current Address/Locale: McMansion in the north suburbs

Gopher Fan Since: early 80's

Season Ticket Holder: No. Had season tickets last year in Metrodome through a few years ago.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: Bachelors and Masters both from U of M Twin Cities

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Information. Reading all the silly arguments and occasionally participating in them.

Favorite posters: Bleed, SON, Spoofin, and Highwayman.

What changes you’d like so see: Removal of posts causing threads to be hijacked.

All-Time Favorite Player: Eric Decker

Best Gopher Defense: have no idea

Best Gopher Offense: 2020?

Best Gopher Head Coach: Warmath

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Paul Martin

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Bainbridge, GA

Gopher Fan Since: 1980

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) B.A Troy State University, 1991

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? It’s free, it’s entertaining, keeps me up date, especially during the off-season, knowledgeable posters, diverse opinions, humor, articles, recruiting news.

Favorite posters: Daniel House, Gopherlady, Studwell55, BleedGopher and SON.

What changes you like so see: Not much. Stop thread hijacking.

All-Time Favorite Player: 1) Laurence Maroney

Best Gopher Defense: 2003

Best Gopher Head Coach: Glen Mason.

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): MB III

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Minneapolis

Gopher Fan Since: 1994

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: See above

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 2016 U of M Grad

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Having a one-stop-shop for all Gopher news, the humor (sometimes), the wide variety of opinions.

Favorite posters: Daniel House, Rockford, SON, Bleed. Anyone that contributes actual Gopher content.

Least favorite poster: Spoofin

What changes you’d like so see: More monitoring of threads, for example, the recruiting threads always seem to get derailed by one or two posters.

All-Time Favorite Player: D. Wilson, D. Campbell, K.J. Maye

Best Gopher Offense: 2019 (Talent-wise)

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Terrin Vavra

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes Sauk Rapids

Current Address/Locale: Rochester, MN

Gopher Fan Since: mid-90s

Season Ticket Holder: No, not since moving down to Rochester a few years ago and our kids getting more into activities

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: Bachelors UMN-TC, Masters UMD

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? The humor.

Favorite posters: kellyleeks

What changes you’d like so see: Not a fan of the super long threads. I generally don't click on threads over 5 pages. For ongoing banter, fine. But I prefer new info in a new thread.

All-Time Favorite Player: Willie Middlebrooks

Best Gopher Head Coach: Fleck

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Peter Mortell

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Yes Richfield

Current Address/Locale: Conway, New Hampshire

Gopher Fan Since: 1958

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Would love to but only sporadically

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1971 BSB U of M Twin Cities, 1983 MBA RPI, 1986 MS Log Mgmt Air Force Inst of Tech

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

Favorite posters: Daniel House’s in-depth reporting, SON’s Sports Huddle notes, BleedGophers’ many links, GopherLady’s timely presser notes and other contributions. I also like Nomellini’s trivia questions “On this date.”

All-Time Favorite Player: Carl Eller

Best Gopher Defense: 1961

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Eric Decker

Go Gophers!!

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: no

Current Address/Locale: Tea SD

Gopher Fan Since: 2002

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: yes

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: high school drop out

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Free gopher news and so much more..

Favorite posters: Daniel House, SON, BleedGophers, Swingman and GopherLady’s...

What changes you’d like so see: threads not highjacked..

All-Time Favorite Player: Eric Decker

Best Gopher Defense: present

Best Gopher Offense: present

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Dave Winfield, Paul Moliter and Eric Decker

Go Gophers!!

.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Parrish FL

Gopher Fan Since: 1977

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1991 BS Finance: Minnesota St-Mankato

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? It keeps me up to date on UMN athletics and the interaction with other fans.

Favorite posters: Bleed, House, and GL

What changes you’d like so see: More current info on recruiting link.

All-Time Favorite Player: Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Best Gopher Head Coach: Bernie Bierman

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Jalen Myrick

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Born in Iowa, grew up in St Paul

Current Address/Locale: Savage, MN

Gopher Fan Since: 1987

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1992 U of Mn Bach Science Mech Eng.

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

Pretty much ditto to that

Favorite posters: Daniel House, Ryan Burns, EG#9

What changes you’d like so see: Fewer polls

All-Time Favorite Player: Maxx Williams (football) Willie Burton (Basketball)

Go Gophers!!

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Twin Cities

Gopher Fan Since: Birth

Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football and basketball

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes. Also attend at least one football road game per year. Sadly my road record is 4-14 lifetime.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: Bachelor of Science from University of Kansas; MBA from San Diego State

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Love the personalities that post here, the info and analysis, the humor and the friendships I've made.

Favorite posters: Too many to name.

What changes you’d like so see: Wish more lurkers would become posters.

All-Time Favorite Player: Tyrone Carter, Bobby Jackson

Best Gopher Defense: 1999 (football), 1997 (basketball)

Best Gopher Offense: Air Wacker years, 1997 (basketball)

Best Gopher Head Coach: In my lifetime: Glen Mason, Clem Haskins

Go Gophers!!

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: Red Wing
Current Address/Locale: Minneapolis
Gopher Fan Since: 1948

Season Ticket Holder: yes

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: BA, MA

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? knowledgeable posters, recruiting news.

All-Time Favorite Player: Rick Upchurch, Paul Giel, Jon Leverenz

Best Gopher Defense: 1960

Best Gopher Head Coach: Bernie Bierman

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Winfield, Noel Jenke, Ken Yackel

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: NW Florida

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: No. Last game was a few years ago

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1994 BA U of M Economics & Business Admin

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Stay connected with team and fans

Favorite posters: Threads leading up to games

What changes you’d like so see: Ability to like posts

All-Time Favorite Player: Lawrence Maroney III

Best Gopher Defense: Before my time

Best Gopher Head Coach: None in my lifetime

DEMOGRAPHICS

Current Address/Locale: Maple Grove, MN

Gopher Fan Since: 1999

Season Ticket Holder: Not any more

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: Yes.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: USD Grad BS/MBA

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Recruiting news

Favorite posters: Bleed

What changes you'd like to see: More rational discussion, less name calling, especially on OTB

All-Time Favorite Player: Darrell Thompson

Best Gopher Defense: Blake Cashman and Bubba

Best Gopher Offense: MBIII and LM22

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): MG5

DEMOGRAPHICS

Minnesota Native: No. Native Californian

Current Address/Locale: Houston, TX

Gopher Fan Since: 1987

Season Ticket Holder: Not anymore. When I lived in MN and in IA I held tickets most years.

Attend at Least One Game Per Season: If I can get to one, but haven't in a few years.

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: 1992 BA University of Minnesota
2017 MBA Iowa State University

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole?
Information. People who love the Gophers as much as I do even when we don’t agree

Favorite posters: Bleed making it easy to find articles about the Gophers.

SON recap of sports huddle

What changes you’d like so see: Like button.

All-Time Favorite Player: Marion Barber III

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Mike Lehan

Last edited:

Minnesota Native: Yes. Born in Moorhead. Currently Coon Rapids

Current Address/Locale: Coon Rapids

Gopher Fan Since: 1981

Post-Secondary Degree(s) and School(s) or working toward a degree: MSCTC Moorhead. Sales Management Marketing

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE:

What do you like about GopherHole? Get the pulse of the gopher sportsfans and latest information plus its free.

Favorite posters: Sports Huddle notes, BleedGophers’ links, GopherLady.

What changes you’d like so see: Website has been over run by trolls. Needs to be cleaned up. Nobody does anything about it.

All-Time Favorite Player: Maxx Williams

Best Gopher Defense:

Best Gopher Offense:

Best Gopher Head Coach: PJ Fleck!

Most Athletic Gopher (Any Sport): Bronko Nagurski

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom