2016-2017 Big Ten Schedule Is Out

'16 & '17 B1G Schedules Out

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/79518/big-ten-releases-2016-2017-schedules

East Division

Indiana: Nebraska, at Northwestern, Purdue (protected)
Maryland: Purdue, Minnesota, at Nebraska
Michigan: Wisconsin, Illinois, at Iowa
Michigan State: Wisconsin, Northwestern, at Illinois
Ohio State: at Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska
Penn State: Minnesota, at Purdue, Iowa
Rutgers: Illinois, at Minnesota, Iowa

West Division

Illinois: at Rutgers, at Michigan, Michigan State
Iowa: at Rutgers, at Penn State, Michigan
Minnesota: at Penn State, at Maryland, Rutgers
Nebraska: at Indiana, at Ohio State, Maryland
Northwestern: at Michigan State, Indiana, at Ohio State
Purdue: at Maryland, Penn State, at Indiana (protected)
Wisconsin: at Michigan, at Michigan State, Ohio State

East Division

Indiana: Wisconsin, at Illinois, at Purdue (protected)
Maryland: at Minnesota, Northwestern, at Wisconsin
Michigan: at Purdue, Minnesota at Wisconsin,
Michigan State: Iowa, at Minnesota, at Northwestern
Ohio State: at Nebraska, at Iowa, Illinois
Penn State: at Northwestern, at Iowa, Nebraska
Rutgers: at Nebraska, at Illinois, Purdue

West Division

Illinois: Rutgers, Indiana, at Ohio State
Iowa: at Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State
Minnesota: Maryland, Michigan State, at Michigan
Nebraska: Rutgers, Ohio State, at Penn State
Northwestern: Penn State, at Maryland, Michigan State
Purdue: Michigan, at Rutgers, Indiana (protected)
Wisconsin: Maryland, at Indiana, Michigan

2016 looks like the best year for us schedule wise in the next few. Penn State in year 4 of scholarship reductions and Maryland who should not be great on the road and Rutgers here.....all very winnable games.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see any way that the Gophers don't go to back to back Rose Bowls with those schedules.

2016 does look nice but 2017 is tough. We play Michigan 3 out o 4 years in the new division line-up! I guess we just have to make them Michican't.

2016 looks very favorable at this point (who knows where we, or our opponents, will actually be as programs). Wisconsin's first 6 conference games are BRUTAL...I love it!

So we're going to go umpteen years without playing Indiana (by far historically the worst Big Ten team) again? AWESOME!!!

So we're going to go umpteen years without playing Indiana (by far historically the worst Big Ten team) again? AWESOME!!!

If you want to see Indiana in person, better do it this year.

It is pretty amazing that even after the 2017 season, Indiana will still have NOT played a game at TCF Bank Stadium.

It is pretty amazing that even after the 2017 season, Indiana will still have NOT played a game at TCF Bank Stadium.
Wow. That's a pretty interesting fact. There are some great things about expansion, but this is a definite downside.

From Gopher Sports

Minnesota's 2016 Big Ten Schedule
Oct. 1 at Penn State
Oct. 8 Iowa
Oct. 15 at Maryland
Oct. 22 Rutgers
Oct. 29 at Illinois
Nov. 5 Purdue
Nov. 12 at Nebraska
Nov. 19 Northwestern
Nov. 26 at Wisconsin

Minnesota's 2017 Big Ten Schedule
Sept. 30 Maryland
Oct. 7 at Purdue
Oct. 14 Michigan State
Oct. 21 Illinois
Oct. 28 at Iowa
Nov. 4 at Michigan
Nov. 11 Nebraska
Nov. 18 at Northwestern
Nov. 25 Wisconsin

Damn handsome schedules.

FireDaveLee said:

That has to be intentional, right?

Kill has, IMO done exactly what I had hoped and expected so far here.

He's increased depth and quality of the program and kept his recruits in the program so they can develop. He's maintained a coaching staff, and recruited to his systems.

This season I think we all kinda expect another 5-8 range lower tier bowl eligible season.
Again, a good step. Back to back bowls, maintain program continuity, develop depth and talent by polishing raw athletes and redshirting players when possible.

However, 2014 and 2015 are going to be really tough. If Kill can maintain, and continue the program's slow upswing, or even hold serve, getting through those seasons to these in his year 6 and 7 SHOULD give us a really good shot at one of those double digit seasons we've seen other programs have.
Really nice to look at that schedule.

Maybe my math is off.....but are there no byes during the B1G season??

This has probably been discussed before, but are season ticket prices going to fluctuate between the 4 and 5 conference home game years?

This has probably been discussed before, but are season ticket prices going to fluctuate between the 4 and 5 conference home game years?

In the past, there was no price difference for STH when there was an extra home game. I know they are trying to line up the NC schedules with this rotation.

Maybe my math is off.....but are there no byes during the B1G season??

Yeah, I saw that too. That's great for me as a fan, but it's gonna be rough on the players and I don't understand why they don't just start a week earlier and give everyone a bye. In 2016, no one has any byes and in 2017 4 teams do. Odd. It means you don't have to wonder who's off for the week and the standings are easier to follow, but it's gotta be tougher on the players and you'd better have depth.

The other great thing about this as a fan is the great alternating of home/away. This is usually pretty good in the B1G part of the schedule, but in 2016 it's exactly every other and in 2017 it's every other except a stretch of 2H then 2A in the middle. I love going to games, but lining up babysitters for weeks in a row can get tough. So cheers!

we have a bye before the wisky game in both of these seasons. no more dual byes which i like so i have an excuse to go to the bar every saturday! hahaha

Interesting question since both seasons have 7 home games. My bet is that since the '16 season is no different than what we have now (4 Big Ten games and 3 non-conference games), there is no need to differentiate pricing at that time. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't raise prices at that time but it it would be because of market conditions.

With an additional Big Ten game in '17 I think you can count on increased season ticket prices. I am sure most people would expect it. Long term I also think there is going to be a lot of pressure to increase ticket prices if the team's performance improves. If you haven't noticed, there is an arms racing going on and that requires money.:rolleyes:

Back when Cal Stoll was coach, the Gophers opened with Ohio State two years in a row. In the '90s we opened with Penn State two years. No fun.

CFL on ESPN Friday kicked off discussion of the new schedule talking about how it affects Minnesota. Refreshing.

Minnesota's 2016 Schedule (7 home games)
Sep. 03 New Mexico State
Sep. 10 Indiana State
Sep. 24 Colorado State
Oct. 1 at Penn State
Oct. 8 Iowa
Oct. 15 at Maryland
Oct. 22 Rutgers
Oct. 29 at Illinois
Nov. 5 Purdue
Nov. 12 at Nebraska
Nov. 19 Northwestern
Nov. 26 at Wisconsin

Minnesota's 2017 Schedule (Still need a NC game for August 30 or Sept 23-possible 8 home games)
Sep 09 Oregon State
Sep 16 Middle Tennessee State
Sept. 30 Maryland
Oct. 7 at Purdue
Oct. 14 Michigan State
Oct. 21 Illinois
Oct. 28 at Iowa
Nov. 4 at Michigan
Nov. 11 Nebraska
Nov. 18 at Northwestern
Nov. 25 Wisconsin

I love that we are ending our seasons with Wisconsin, our rivalry should be played during rivalry week. I hope it stays this way.

Top Bottom