2010-11 Season Starters

2010-11 Best Line-up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

98VQueens

Reaction score
I was just testing this out, should have added more options.

cory,devoe,royce,trevor,ralph

Agreed. Hoff's shooting is great, but he's not the best ball handler, and hasn't shown that he's able to create his own shot. I like Hoff coming off the bench over starting if Cory is here. He's the Manu Ginobili of our team.

cory,devoe,royce,trevor,ralph

This would be the sexiest line-up that I can think of. Don't know if it would be the best though. Never seen Trevor or Royce or Cory play at this level....

Based on projections, rankings, and sex appeal, this is a top-notch lineup.

That would be a pretty sweet lineup. Not too shabby off the bench either.

Hoff will be and should be in the starting lineup.

starters: Al, Devoe, Royce, Trevor, Ralph

next 5: Cory, Blake, Rodney, Carter, Colt45

Both of these linups could be very good! I can't wait! Come on Cory, get on board!!!!!

1. Cory
2. Devoe
3. Royce
4. Mbakwe
5. Ralph

Bench: Blake, Nolen, Rodney, Iverson, Carter, Hollins, Cobbs, Elliason(if not redshirted)

I'm a big Blake fan and could see him starting too, but if Devoe keeps playing well and improves over the summer which I think he will, it might be hard not to start him with his brother since you know they already have chemistry playing together. The potential of that team would be pretty scary.

We're really voting on starting lineups that include 3 people that may never play for the Gophers? Brilliant.

Also, let me just say this: any starting lineup that doesn't include our 2nd leading scorer, 3rd leading rebounder (behind Sampson & Iverson), probable team captain next year, and one of the top shooters in the country is NOT one Tubby will utilize.

Especially considering the kid has more minutes on the floor than anyone on the squad this year, it seems pretty obvious who Tubby prefers to give the majority of PT to.

Although it's nice to dream about CJ, White, TM all playing and making major contributions, most coaches go with the players that have lots of minutes played, know the offense, situations, etc., unless the newcomer is so ungodly good that they should play over anyone (Carmelo Anthony, Oden, John Wall, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, I hope CJ, White, TM are that type of guy, but I think it's a little early to be putting them up on that pedestal before they've even committed or allowed to play for the Gophers.

P.S. There is no way Sampson isn't starting, I don't care if Jesus himself comes in. I think Tubby is going with RSIII in the starting lineup until the day he leaves campus.

Maybe it was a promise made to his pops, maybe not, but I just don't see Tubby bringing him off the bench.

Lastly, I think Nolen becomes eligible, improves his game again, and retains his starting spot come November.

My bet for next year is:
Devoe, Nolen, Hoff, Carter, Sampson and a 7-11 B10 Record...

My bet for next year is:
Devoe, Nolen, Hoff, Carter, Sampson and a 7-11 B10 Record...

Al, Blake, Royce, Trevor and Ralph.

Based on what Tubby has shown us this far, I would think Blake and Ralph are locks. If Nolen comes back this season and finishes the year in the starting lineup he is also a sure bet. If Al doesn't get an exception this season, I think most would agree that starting point guard position will be wide open. If either White or Mbakwe aren't able to go Carter or Devoe could complete the starting 5.

This will be a good poll to revisit when we see what happens with Nolen, Cory's choice and Trevor's trail.

Who will start next year? How can any of us even make a guess when: (1) We don't even know who all will be reporting for the start of the season. (2) Tubby doesn't even know yet. (3) All opinions and expressions of "who...?" are nothing but farting in public. It makes ya feel good but isn't worth anything except "Idiot Wind" (compliments of Bob Dylan).

In the meantime, I will let GL, moonlight, rick mons, 201, schnoodler, BigGopherFan, SelectionSunday, Bleed, missedlayup (and pseudo) tell us. The reason is...I don't know a damned thing, except cold beer is great.

Go Gophers!!!

Some big questions of who will be on the roster this year and probably more importantly next year.

Assuming next year Nolen is back and we don't get the other three(it's possible)
Carter in for DJ
Devoe in for LW

Still a respectable line-up but not much bench.

Top Bottom