2 Commits?

It has been confirmed...it was neither of the guys I wanted it to be, but he was the third name talked about...

not bad. seems like a smart kid. how many offers are left out there and how many more can we bring in? i heard that RobD wanted to commit awhile back but was told that we were full at his position. when antoine left did we go after him again and he just said no or whatever happened with that?

I think we're done, although i fully expect Brew to oversign by a couple. In fact i wouldn't be surprised by as many as thirty. I think we'll lose a couple by signing day. And Brew will find a couple more gray shirt candidates as he always does.

who do you think we will sign and who do you think we could end up losing?

Good question Sota kid,

The answer is IDK, I'm a little surprised by all the DB's actually. As far as who I think we'll lose, it's just a matter of numbers and the type of recruit Brew goes after. It was a little safer when we were the best option for the kids we recruited, but now we're out recruiting other very good schools. The other options for these kids are decent options, which means we're more likely to lose a couple. So who do I think we'll lose? IDK, it's more a numbers thing. Of course there is still a concern about Hawkins, and a couple of the DB's may be thinking it's getting a bit crowded.

As far as who we'll sign yet? At this point I think we've filled out the spots Brewster was going after. But he has offers out from some kids you just wouldn't want to turn down. These are the kids you make room for and over sign for. The extreme example is SH. If he wants to come here you make room. But what about any other highly rated kid? What if Huff changes his mind, again? These are the things that will cause Brewster to over sign and ask kids to gray shirt. It's happened every year this way, I can't see why this year would be any different.

thanks. we definitely make room for SH and Nelson if they want to come here maybe even Beau as well. the commits im worried about losing are Harold and Hawkins. hopefully both will stay true to their word.

BTW - would you take Huff back? i'm not so sure i would. i like him and all but that kid is confused

The pressure on these kids is unreal so I think you have to cut them some slack. But hopefully Brew would be close enough to the situation to figure out if he's just dealing poorly with the pressure or if he's flaky and it's predictive of future PITA stuff. It would be nice to have that type of talent that Huff has on this team though, especially at RB. I agree he's confused, but what that really says about him I don't know.

One scenario that crossed my mind regarding who we still might sign. Corey Nelson is a given, visiting this week with his Skyline teammate Adrian Lee a two star corner back with impressive offers. Should they present themselves as a package deal do we sign both of them ? I would say yes in a heart beat, keep the Skyline pipeline open.

Top Bottom