12 wins tell me I’m wrong

My predictions:
1-We are going to have a lockdown secondary this season, so it is going to be really hard to sustain drives against our defense. Somebody name a QB that can beat us!
2-We are going to have a great running game, which means Morgan should have a great season and our receivers are going to hell to contain.
Bottom line: at least 10 wins with Nebraska and Wisconsin our toughest games. Maybe more if Morgan and the secondary live up to expectations
It is incongruous that with all the scorn GHers heap on Frost and the Huskers so many include them in the short list of toughest games.

with this disclaimer:

no matter what things look like today, the picture can and will change from week to week. One team sustains a key injury. another team gets a key player back from injury. a game is played in bad weather conditions. a contending team has untimely turnovers or penalties.

in short, midway through the season, the conference could look very different than it looks today.

and by the end of the season, everything can change again.
All correct. We rightfully complain that the Gophers are inconsistent but ignore the fact other teams are too. Meaning mediocre teams can have exceptional games against us.

Example being Illinois last year. We blamed that on Sanford and offense -- certainly true -- but Illinois put up big rushing numbers against our D.

Top Bottom