100 to 1

94Gopher

Reaction score
So my girlfriend had a conference in Vegas last weekend. I couldn't justify going ($450 for a plane ticket -- seriously?!?) but I asked her to place a bet on goph b-ball for me. I asked for $10 to win the Big Ten and $10 to go to Final Four. They couldn't give that to her, too early. So she had to bet the $20 on us to be national champs. The odds are 100 to 1. So I have a ticket that will pay $2020 if we win the national championship. I know chances are slim and I'd rather get that ticket for next year, but it is fun. I think the odds are slim but maybe not THAT bad. Anyone care to comment or buy the ticket? Please discuss. And buy your own dam$ 100 to 1 tick!

Kiss that 20 bucks goodbye. :)

Hope I eat my words!

I'd buy a Big Ten ticket at about 20-1 before a NC ticket. It's just not too likely at all this year the way that Kansas, Kentucky, etc. are loaded. Even if we have a great season and make a run in the tournament, it's pretty tough to see getting all the way through the big boys.

It's likely playing the lottery - you know it won't happen but it is fun to dream and putting money on it makes it a bit more real.

You better not sell! How are you going to feel on Sweet Sixteen weekend with the Gophers getting ready to play Kentucky?

Great investment.

Not alot of downside, big upside. What else are you going to do with it, a movie, couple of rounds at the bar.

Only Gopher fans: you acknowledge in your post that the odds are slim of the Gophers winning the National Title, yet Gopher fans have to tell you there is no chance.

Good bet at 100-1 for $20, it's not like you have your life savings on the outcome.

1 out of 100?

object>

So my girlfriend had a conference in Vegas last weekend. I couldn't justify going ($450 for a plane ticket -- seriously?!?) but I asked her to place a bet on goph b-ball for me. I asked for $10 to win the Big Ten and $10 to go to Final Four. They couldn't give that to her, too early. So she had to bet the $20 on us to be national champs. The odds are 100 to 1. So I have a ticket that will pay $2020 if we win the national championship. I know chances are slim and I'd rather get that ticket for next year, but it is fun. I think the odds are slim but maybe not THAT bad. Anyone care to comment or buy the ticket? Please discuss. And buy your own dam$ 100 to 1 tick!

All you have to do is get to the Final 8 (it's possible). If you do you start betting against the Gophers heavy and you will probably be getting points to boot. I don't advise gambling but that's your strategy right there. :)

Top Bottom