10 College Football Upsets that Could Shake Up September (NDSU over Iowa)

I think it will be fairly low scoring, with Iowa replacing it's guards and receivers on offense,their will be lack of explosiveness. On defense they have to replace their defensive tackles which could result in some running room. I think NDSU will move the ball some, burning up clock, but not scoring much. I'm not saying Iowa will lose, but a 24-10 type of game, is much more likely than a 35 point blow out.

I expect Iowa to keep it pretty Vanilla on offense, but I dont think they'll struggle to score 3 TD's. If the game had meaning to Iowa and they game planned, I think they could blow them out, but they don't do that.

I'm thinking 28-17 Iowa

Yes they will. NDSU wouldn't be a top tier defense in FBS, don't delude yourself

Ndsu's front 7 will be the best it's been in the DI era, with good depth. IA is good on D, but I wouldn't call them top tier FBS. iA running game will be kept in relative check.

The last time NDSU lost their FBS game was in 2009 (they didn't play one last year with Wentz).

For Minnesota fans to think NDSU will just roll over and get blown out is pretty pathetic. I hate NDSU and I grew up a huge Minnesota fan (I still go to games every year). You guys are clueless if you think that NDSU is just some lowly D2 team. Iowa will know better. I still think Iowa wins, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bison somehow pull off another win. It's just what they do.

As an SDSU alum and Gopher fan, I wish both could lose.

Outside Wisconsin, only way the B10 west is getting into the playoff is via an undefeated season

That is a ridiculous statement. If other P5 champions are with 1 or 2 losses anyone in the west who wins the big ten could potentially get in.

Also, if Iowa loses to NDSU and then gets 2nd in the West...the winner of the west could be left out even with an undefeated season.

Too many variables to make a statement like you made. But Iowa losing to NDSU would hurt every team in the West.

The last time NDSU lost their FBS game was in 2009 (they didn't play one last year with Wentz).

For Minnesota fans to think NDSU will just roll over and get blown out is pretty pathetic. I hate NDSU and I grew up a huge Minnesota fan (I still go to games every year). You guys are clueless if you think that NDSU is just some lowly D2 team. Iowa will know better. I still think Iowa wins, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bison somehow pull off another win. It's just what they do.

As an SDSU alum and Gopher fan, I wish both could lose.

I don't think they'll roll, but ndsu isn't going to stifle them

That is a ridiculous statement. If other P5 champions are with 1 or 2 losses anyone in the west who wins the big ten could potentially get in.

Also, if Iowa loses to NDSU and then gets 2nd in the West...the winner of the west could be left out even with an undefeated season.

Too many variables to make a statement like you made. But Iowa losing to NDSU would hurt every team in the West.
Ok great. Everyone else will lose 5 games and the west gets 2 teams in. It's wonderful to play with saying "there's a chance" but the reality is that the B10 west is looked at from the outside as one of the worst p5 divisions. I'm not saying that's right, but it is. Add to it a weak ooc schedule for the most part and it's hard to change that image, especially given the Iowa debacle last year. A one loss west team would need at least 2 losses from the other p5 champs to get in. It is what it is and you could see it in the polls with where undefeated Iowa was ranked late in the year.
Your thought that Iowa losing and getting second would hold out an undefeated west champ would only come into play if all other conferences are undefeated too. You can sit and play out all these ridiculous scenarios, but the odds of an ndsu loss hurting anyone but Iowa are less than 1%.

Ok great. Everyone else will lose 5 games and the west gets 2 teams in. It's wonderful to play with saying "there's a chance" but the reality is that the B10 west is looked at from the outside as one of the worst p5 divisions. I'm not saying that's right, but it is. Add to it a weak ooc schedule for the most part and it's hard to change that image, especially given the Iowa debacle last year. A one loss west team would need at least 2 losses from the other p5 champs to get in. It is what it is and you could see it in the polls with where undefeated Iowa was ranked late in the year.
Your thought that Iowa losing and getting second would hold out an undefeated west champ would only come into play if all other conferences are undefeated too. You can sit and play out all these ridiculous scenarios, but the odds of an ndsu loss hurting anyone but Iowa are less than 1%.

Sounds good.

Top Bottom