10 bold predictions for Minnesota in 2020 (9. The Axe will come back to Minnesota, but …10. … The Gophers will stumble elsewhere along the way.)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Phil:

9. The Axe will come back to Minnesota, but …
Minnesota was more than capable of hanging with its border rival last season but laid an egg with the entire nation watching. The last team to lose this game seems to have the psychological upper hand lately, and the Badgers are dealing with their own loss of talent on both sides of the ball.

10. … The Gophers will stumble elsewhere along the way.
It could be Week 1 at Michigan. Or perhaps Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern or Nebraska sneaks up and bites the Gophers. They won’t have the chance to get hot against lesser competition like they did in the nonconference last year, and they lost too much on defense for us to pick them to win the division. We’ll call it 7-2 — not where Minnesota wants to be, but certainly not a step back.

Go Gophers!!

7-2 with a win over dinksconsin? I'd take it. unless the commies to the east only lose 1. But that maybe means a loss to whyowa. Maybe its not as good as I thought.

per Phil:

9. The Axe will come back to Minnesota, but …
Minnesota was more than capable of hanging with its border rival last season but laid an egg with the entire nation watching. The last team to lose this game seems to have the psychological upper hand lately, and the Badgers are dealing with their own loss of talent on both sides of the ball.

10. … The Gophers will stumble elsewhere along the way.
It could be Week 1 at Michigan. Or perhaps Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern or Nebraska sneaks up and bites the Gophers. They won’t have the chance to get hot against lesser competition like they did in the nonconference last year, and they lost too much on defense for us to pick them to win the division. We’ll call it 7-2 — not where Minnesota wants to be, but certainly not a step back.

Go Gophers!!
at Michigan? Really..? Wow so you're a reliable source to trust. F-off dumba$$
edit...oh I meant the guy who wrote this. Not BleedGopher.

Losing to Nebraska at the end of the season? That's when the Gophers usually perform better.

I like his projection of 6-2, but I don't see a loss at Nebraska happening. Especially if we go into it with only one loss.

Top Bottom