Announcers?

die hard gopher

Reaction score
I noticed Pasch, Griese, Luginbill, who have done two gopher games this year, did this game last year and Davis, Palmer, Pollack and Ponder which is my second favorite crew in all of CFB did it two years ago. No real consistency in the past for this game. Any idea?

I noticed Pasch, Griese, Luginbill, who have done two gopher games this year, did this game last year and Davis, Palmer, Pollack and Ponder which is my second favorite crew in all of CFB did it two years ago. No real consistency in the past for this game. Any idea?

Probably alternates between the #1 Big Ten and #1 east coast crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that they are bringing Keith Jackson out of retirement for this one. I believe he also had the call the last time the Gophers played a New Years Day bowl.

Danny Knee doing color?

It looks like it'll be Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, and Jeannine Edwards. The same crew who did the Michigan game.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It looks like it'll be Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, and Jeannine Edwards. The same crew who did the Michigan game.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meh. Would have LOVED for Gruden to call a gopher game had we gone to the Outback.

I like this crew. Their having done the Michigan game and being familiar with the physical style in which the kids play will bring added perspective.

Palmer stated today that he believes Oklahoma State (4-5, 6-6) would have won the B1G West.
Pollack is no fan of B1G or any other team outside of SEC either. I cringe every time I hear those 2 speak.

Davis does a nice job given his situation. I think he is good for CFB and tries to steer conversations involving other conferences but it appears to be a losing battle.

Ponder helps. I'll leave it at that.

Out of curiosity die hard, who is your favorite?

Palmer stated today that he believes Oklahoma State (4-5, 6-6) would have won the B1G West.
Pollack is no fan of B1G or any other team outside of SEC either. I cringe every time I hear those 2 speak.

Davis does a nice job given his situation. I think he is good for CFB and tries to steer conversations involving other conferences but it appears to be a losing battle.

Ponder helps. I'll leave it at that.

Out of curiosity die hard, who is your favorite?

Well, It was Musberger-Herbstreit. I guess I don't have a clear cut favorite anymore with Fowler as the replacement.

Just happy Fox is not doing the game and don't have to suffer listening to Gus Johnson's screaming. My favorite crew is Todd Blackledge and Brad Nessler.

I understand that they are bringing Keith Jackson out of retirement for this one. I believe he also had the call the last time the Gophers played a New Years Day bowl.
Baseball great, Mel Allen, did the play-by-play for NBC in the 1962 Rose Bowl game.

Just happy Fox is not doing the game and don't have to suffer listening to Gus Johnson's screaming. My favorite crew is Todd Blackledge and Brad Nessler.

+1000000 Minnesota's Nessler is my favorite as well.

I like Gus Johnson. If every announcer was as hyped up as him, it'd get old, but it's okay to have guys like him and Kevin Harlan to spice things up. As for Fox, the only bowl it has aired in recent seasons was the Cotton Bowl which moves to ESPN as part of the new CFP. In fact, all bowl games are on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 except for the Sun Bowl which is on CBS and has been since the year zed.

Nessler and Blackledge have no peers, in a class all their own. Consummate professionals. Lundquist and Danielson (CBS) are pros, as well.

I like Gus Johnson. If every announcer was as hyped up as him, it'd get old, but it's okay to have guys like him and Kevin Harlan to spice things up. As for Fox, the only bowl it has aired in recent seasons was the Cotton Bowl which moves to ESPN as part of the new CFP. In fact, all bowl games are on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 except for the Sun Bowl which is on CBS and has been since the year zed.

Agreed. I've always loved Gus...and I'm not sure why because I hate Paul Allen and they have a similar style. Maybe it's because Gus is neutral and gets just as excited for both teams.

Agreed. I've always loved Gus...and I'm not sure why because I hate Paul Allen and they have a similar style. Maybe it's because Gus is neutral and gets just as excited for both teams.

PA doesn't have a great voice compared to Gus. PA's touchdown call is terrible if you ask me.

The announcers for the game will be Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham and Jeannie Edwards. This was confrim on Jeannie Edwards twitter. these 3 did the Gophers @ Michigan game.

I heard it was gonna be Mike Hunt and Jack MeHoff.

Top Bottom