83-20

As Fat Albert would say... Bulemia is like school on Saturday.

No class.

This will catch up to him, no doubt about it. I can't wait until Wisconsin is regulated to the Capital One bowl. That will make me laugh...

Karma is bitch - Bulemia will get it back 10 fold.

Can't see how anybody can defend running up the score like that.

What can you say? Co-eds dig guys who win by 60.

This will catch up to him, no doubt about it. I can't wait until Wisconsin is regulated to the Capital One bowl. That will make me laugh...

You mean relegated?

(I hate the autoguess feature on phones too.P

This was a baaaad year to not get to play Indiana and Michigan. But we all knew that before the year started.

Wisconsin should be able to embarrass Michigan all over national television next week. It will be a new pinnacle for the Badgers.

I have no problem seeing teams 'run up the score'. This isn't pee-wee. And even then, I'd still run up the score with my benchwarmers. This is football. If your feelings get hurt.. GOOD! For cripes sake, this isn't Goddamn golf or Dancing with the Stars or that crap.

That said, I hope Sconnie gets rolled up like wholesale carpet in their bowl game this year.

I have no problem seeing teams 'run up the score'. This isn't pee-wee. And even then, I'd still run up the score with my benchwarmers. This is football. If your feelings get hurt.. GOOD! For cripes sake, this isn't Goddamn golf or Dancing with the Stars or that crap.

That said, I hope Sconnie gets rolled up like wholesale carpet in their bowl game this year.

I agree to a point. Not in your own conference.

Can we send the Idjit who ordered those butt fugly statues at Texas to Wisconsin to do the same thing? I'd love to see what underpaid Malaysian sweatshop statue arteests would do with him. :rolleyes:

But there's a right way and a wrong way to do that. I have less of a problem with this than Bielema's 2-point conversion call against us simply because that was Bielema trying to stick it to Brewster personally.

If you want to get your 2nd and 3rd stringers quality reps, I don't have a big problem with scoring as many as you can. If you are trying to stick it to a school or coach on a personal basis, that's just low rent.

I do not think that there is a coach (besides Joe Pa) in the B10 that would not love to run up the score on Wis. seeing how BB is showing no class. I can't wait until we get our chance. I just hope BB is still coach when we do it.

I do not think that there is a coach (besides Joe Pa) in the B10 that would not love to run up the score on Wis. seeing how BB is showing no class. I can't wait until we get our chance. I just hope BB is still coach when we do it.

What would be sweetest is for it to be a mid-season game and he gets fired right after it.

Formo, your point is taken, but there is a limit. 80 points is above the limit. Bulemia is a scum sucking dirt bag.

But there's a right way and a wrong way to do that. I have less of a problem with this than Bielema's 2-point conversion call against us simply because that was Bielema trying to stick it to Brewster personally.

If you want to get your 2nd and 3rd stringers quality reps, I don't have a big problem with scoring as many as you can. If you are trying to stick it to a school or coach on a personal basis, that's just low rent.

I read your post in the other thread, and I agree with it mostly.

The running up of scores in football doesn't bother me. At all. Even less so if they are 2nd and 3rd stringers running up the score. But even if they are 1st stringers, I don't mind.

That's not to say I don't like it when opposing coaches are pissed about it, because they have that right to be. I didn't mind Brew being pissed at Bret for the 2-point attempt, but wasn't all that upset about Bret's call, either. What pissed me off about that was Bret's 'excuse' that it was in the cards. That was more of a tool move than the 2-point call.

BTW, here's why I believe what I do: If it comes down to our Gophers playing Iowa, Sconnie or Michigan.. I want to see them put 150 points up on them, by ANY means necessary. 1st, 2nd or 2rd stringers, I don't care. I want to see their fans EMBARRASSED. And if/when that happens, I can point back to this year and say that I've documented my feelings on teams running up the score and have been in full support of it, even against my Gophers.

I hope that when Wisconsin has a down year, that someone lays 100 on them.

Formo, your point is taken, but there is a limit. 80 points is above the limit. Bulemia is a scum sucking dirt bag.

Read my post above. As much as I hate seeing Sconnie put up 80 on the board.. I'll be in full approval of it for the reasons stated above. =)

I've got some buddies who are all giddy about hanging 83 today, and setting a school record for most points. That got me curious, what our highest points in a game is. Gophers put 146 points on Grinnell in 1904.

I'd love to put up 146 in getting the axe!

The fact we have fans that would complain about this says it all to me. Loser fans, loser team. Seriously. I'll even go so far to say good for Wisconsin - BB knows the computers will decide his teams fate and he's doing something about it. I'd like to think if our new coach ever got us in a similar position we'd do the same thing!

Good game for the Badgers. Not like they hung 83 on a d2 team, it was a legit B10 team.

Did you guys actually watch the game. Outside of one bomb thrown by Budmayr which was a horrible throw BTW in great coverage Wisconsin didn't throw the ball once. Not our fault that Indiana can't stop our basic offense with our 3rd, and 4th string players. Not to mention the fact that the last play was meant to run time out on a bootleg where IU players completely whiffed on Wisconsin's 4th string QB, and he ran in for a TD.

If you think the Badgers ran up the score today, you clearly didn't watch the game. Some facts:

- Wisconsin threw 3 passes in the 4th quarter, all by their backup QB.
- Wisconsin had an INT for a TD in the 4th quarter
- Wisconsin did have a long pass for a TD in the 4th, but it was not called. On 3rd and 6 with 9:04 to play, the backup QB was flushed out and on the run threw to a single covered guy who ran for like 40 yards
- In the 4th qtr Wisconsin rushed 11 times for 98 yards.

IU is horrible. Short of kneeling on every play starting in the 4th, there wasn't much to be done.

The other 'problem' is that UW's 3rd string RB is James White. James White is really, really good as Minnesota saw in October.

FWIW, the Badgers never punted in the game, the game was tied at the end of the 1Q, and 2nd/3rd string were in for the 4Q. Should you take a knee on 3rd down with 10 minutes left? Indiana just gave it up once their QB was gone.

Also, you don't need to go back too far to see teams putting up numbers near those on UW. I remember Antwaan Randle-El putting up 21 points on us in what seemed like the first three minutes of a game once. Indiana was definitely competitive in this game until the 2nd quarter.

I think I saw the last TD. It was the 7th string QB Nate Tice simply running a bootleg to kill the clock and nobody from IU decided to tackle him. What's he supposed to do? If you're 4th or 5th string at a program like Wisconsin and you get to play a handful of plays in your entire career, are you expected to rollover for the opponent so you don't hurt their feelings?

I think I saw the last TD. It was the 7th string QB Nate Tice simply running a bootleg to kill the clock and nobody from IU decided to tackle him. What's he supposed to do? If you're 4th or 5th string at a program like Wisconsin and you get to play a handful of plays in your entire career, are you expected to rollover for the opponent so you don't hurt their feelings?

I agree Art. That might be the only serious action Tice sees in his entire career. Who's to say.

As I said earlier, and the Badger fans have borne this out, if you're just running the football and you've got the reserves in, score away.

Top Bottom