The Extra Scholarship

Reserve

Reaction score
Ok .. so who is going to get the scholarship that belonged to Royce?

Is it going to be Creekmur?

Give it to Millions of Missed Lay-ups. His right handed missed layups will fit right in and we can ramble on and b!tch about him for awhile.

Station 20 likes the idea also.

Give it to Millions of Missed Lay-ups. His right handed missed layups will fit right in and we can ramble on and b!tch about him for awhile.

Station 20 likes the idea also.

station19: You beat me to it. Millions2spare and/or missed_layup know all, see all, can do it all. I suggest putting both of them on the floor and even Rick Mons would eat either/both of them alive.

Moonlight and GopherLady would annihilate them in a game of two on two. :clap: :party: :drink:

Go Gophers!

If I may ask a question that gets away from the deserved abuse of M2S and M_L, have we ever looked at a European player that could fit what we need for a power forward?

have we ever looked at a European player that could fit what we need for a power forward?

Do you have one in mind?

If I may ask a question that gets away from the deserved abuse of M2S and M_L, have we ever looked at a European player that could fit what we need for a power forward?

gopher1more...It would never work because millions/missed would find fault with it.

thank you

LOL.

This turned into one hilarious thread.

:clap::clap::clap:

Reserve

Ok .. so who is going to get the scholarship that belonged to Royce?

Is it going to be Creekmur?

This would be my guess from what I have read here on the GH. He sounds good to me.

Perhaps our resident recruiting hounds can pipe in on this question.

:)

Minnesota has alot of ground to make up with Creekmur, he is a pretty strong Arizona St. lean at the moment. Godfrey didn't do himself any favors by his actions recently plus they haven't looked at his grades yet so that could be a huge sticking point.

Right now there isn't much else going on, at least that anyone is willing to share, but now that Royce is official and we have two spots, i would think some new nmaes will pop up in the next few weeks.

Minnesota has alot of ground to make up with Creekmur, he is a pretty strong Arizona St. lean at the moment. Godfrey didn't do himself any favors by his actions recently plus they haven't looked at his grades yet so that could be a huge sticking point.

Right now there isn't much else going on, at least that anyone is willing to share, but now that Royce is official and we have two spots, i would think some new nmaes will pop up in the next few weeks.

Have you heard how the staff is handling this? Are they confident that this is just temporary, or if people are worried about where things are going?

Thanks Johnny.

Hi Johnny, I love your insight and appreciate your feedback. Can I ask how you are so well connected?

I am concerned about who is going to score the ball next year with Royce never setting foot on the floor and Westbrook and Johnson graduating. If Tubby feels confident Mbakwe will play next year, then I would look to the JUCO ranks for the most explosive scorer we can find. Here is the top 150 JUCO's per Rivals: http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2526

If the staff is uncertain about Mbakwe, then a PF with some bulk seems mandatory with one of the two remaining scholarships.

Corey Joseph seems like the key to the 2010 Gophers, we badly need to land him. If Joseph takes one of the scholarships and Mbakwe can play, we could be really selective with the final scholarship and maybe decide to hold it unless a really good player somehow becomes available late in the Spring.

Devoe Joseph, Blake and Ralph will lead us in scoring next year if I had to predict now. Devoe will be our starting 2 guard and should be ready for a big time scoring bump. Either Al or Corey will start at Point guard.

I don't think scoring will be an issue. Ralph looks to be improving each game, despite what Pat R says.

I sure hope a lot of new names come up. I'd love to see us get Joseph, get Mbakwe cleared and playing and get Nolen back but those things all seem like distant hopes at the moment with perhaps the return of Nolen being the best shot.

There are not many new 2010 names that can come up, except an 'off the radar' type... a few solid JUCO possibilities out there,... Marquette snagged one of the best (Jae Crowder) earlier just this week.

Keep working on those 2011 and beyond kids... there are plenty of possibilities.

Dawson (Gary, IN) is a 2011 kid that the Gophers are involved with.. but, many schools are.. nice little article published today, with a quick Tubby story included:

http://www.post-trib.com/sports/highschools/2030553,bkbtodawson-0205.article

The extra scholarship isn't really a big deal. Getting Cory Joseph should be the focus of the staff. Not getting him would be a huge blow.

Mike Shaw is a 2011 kid they are working really hard on but will be a very difficult job to get him out of Illinois. They really want to add more shooters so Jesperson will always be a possibility but for now I think they want to watch him this summer. Jake White is a MN 2011 kid at Chaska who is really starting to impress people, especially since Ross Travis is hurt again and White is putting up huge numbers.

Another Minnesota prepster with alot of hype makes his debut tonight, Soph Joey King of Eastview gets his first varsity action after sitting out the first part of the season due to transfer rules. Eastview also features a 6'11 freshman.

no one has brought up Jon Horford's name. I take it he's a strong Michigan lean??

no one has brought up Jon Horford's name. I take it he's a strong Michigan lean??

He was brought up again a few days ago in a diff thread:

Horford - looking like Michigan, but even after Michigan I think there are others standing ahead of the Gophers.

JohnnyGopher said:
Mike Shaw is a 2011 kid they are working really hard on but will be a very difficult job to get him out of Illinois.

Interesting, definitely haven't heard that one. When I've heard Shaw talk about his list (including in the past two weeks), Minnesota hasn't been on it.. with Blackshear's (questionable?) commit to Louisville.. the whole 'package deal' dream... Shaw's handlers,... I would be shocked to see Shaw come to Minnesota. Illinois, Louisville, a host of Big East schools... Texas, Florida, USC and others I've heard him talk about.. but who knows.

Chanse Creekmur was not allowed to dress for Friday night's game against Ames for violating "the good conduct policy"... not sure what he did or didn't do, but obviously not something you'd want to see from a senior in high school. Maybe he just wants to feel what it's like to 'play' for the Gophers?? :/

CC's Marshalltown's team had played Ames just a week earlier. In the first matchup (@Ames), stud Harrison Barnes poured in 32 and Ames easily won 85-80. CC had 12 points (including 3 three-pointers).

On Friday, the result was similar (@Marshalltown) - Ames wins 75-57. Barnes with 27... game was over a few minutes it started.. Ames opened up the game with the first 15 points.

Mike Shaw is a 2011 kid they are working really hard on but will be a very difficult job to get him out of Illinois. They really want to add more shooters so Jesperson will always be a possibility but for now I think they want to watch him this summer. Jake White is a MN 2011 kid at Chaska who is really starting to impress people, especially since Ross Travis is hurt again and White is putting up huge numbers.

Another Minnesota prepster with alot of hype makes his debut tonight, Soph Joey King of Eastview gets his first varsity action after sitting out the first part of the season due to transfer rules. Eastview also features a 6'11 freshman.

Speaking of the 2011 class, is there any relation between Austin Hollins and Andre Hollins who plays for White Station in Memphis? If so, are we recruiting him at all?

Speaking of the 2011 class, is there any relation between Austin Hollins and Andre Hollins who plays for White Station in Memphis? If so, are we recruiting him at all?

They know each other very well... but, not because they are brothers (i.e., they are not), but because they play each other.

The other half of White Station's backcourt is Joe Jackson (Memphis 2010), who is flat out excellent. Andre has benefited from playing with Joe for the past three years, but he's a very good player. It will be interesting to see how much his game continues to elevate... combo guard, about 6'3", probably will be a SG, but could also play point. Well spoken, respectful young man. His stock may very well continue to rise over the summer.

To this point, he isn't over-excited about the recruiting process and does not plan to figure out where he's going until his senior year. A lot of schools calling are down south / in his area... could definitely see him winding up at Memphis.

Schools talking to Andre include: Memphis, Tenn, Villanova, Mississippi, Fla St, VaTech, Stanford, Harvard... newer contacts include Oklahoma, George Mason and *Marquette*. There will be more, that's for sure, but I think he may stay close.

He would not be the most promising target for Minnesota in terms of likelihood of him coming to the Twin Cities... Tubby has certainly seen the young man in person, but I don't think Minnesota has been calling him. Smith was down there in November when Germantown (Austin's team) played White Station (Andre's team)... White Station won in a pretty good game... both young men named Hollins scored 22... Andre had 18 of his in the second half.

Note: since I mentioned a teammate of Andre Hollins, why not add in one of Austin's? Big 'name': Mayo. Todd Mayo is O.J.'s little brother and a 2010 kid without a school currently. Todd Mayo is a 6'3" combo guard averaging about 25 for Germantown this year,... not at all a highly rated recruit, but may wind up with a late offer from a good school... but, maybe not. The local teams, as well as West Virginia, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia, are showing some interest...

IMO - I think Royce fills that scholarship when it is all said and done. Once his legal issues are resolved and he and Tubby sit down...I think Royce enrolls in summer classes and rejoins the team.

NBA and Europe are not legit options and transferring costs him more time...

IMO - I think Royce fills that scholarship when it is all said and done. Once his legal issues are resolved and he and Tubby sit down...I think Royce enrolls in summer classes and rejoins the team.

NBA and Europe are not legit options and transferring costs him more time...

I'm starting to think this may be a possibility.

They know each other very well... but, not because they are brothers (i.e., they are not), but because they play each other.

The other half of White Station's backcourt is Joe Jackson (Memphis 2010), who is flat out excellent. Andre has benefited from playing with Joe for the past three years, but he's a very good player. It will be interesting to see how much his game continues to elevate... combo guard, about 6'3", probably will be a SG, but could also play point. Well spoken, respectful young man. His stock may very well continue to rise over the summer.

To this point, he isn't over-excited about the recruiting process and does not plan to figure out where he's going until his senior year. A lot of schools calling are down south / in his area... could definitely see him winding up at Memphis.

Schools talking to Andre include: Memphis, Tenn, Villanova, Mississippi, Fla St, VaTech, Stanford, Harvard... newer contacts include Oklahoma, George Mason and *Marquette*. There will be more, that's for sure, but I think he may stay close.

He would not be the most promising target for Minnesota in terms of likelihood of him coming to the Twin Cities... Tubby has certainly seen the young man in person, but I don't think Minnesota has been calling him. Smith was down there in November when Germantown (Austin's team) played White Station (Andre's team)... White Station won in a pretty good game... both young men named Hollins scored 22... Andre had 18 of his in the second half.

Note: since I mentioned a teammate of Andre Hollins, why not add in one of Austin's? Big 'name': Mayo. Todd Mayo is O.J.'s little brother and a 2010 kid without a school currently. Todd Mayo is a 6'3" combo guard averaging about 25 for Germantown this year,... not at all a highly rated recruit, but may wind up with a late offer from a good school... but, maybe not. The local teams, as well as West Virginia, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia, are showing some interest...

Thanks.

Top Bottom