SH to the Gopher's? Just may be!

froggopher

Reaction score
Especially if Tubby will let him play BB as well. But not too many Student athletes can keep up with both studies and playing 2 sports at the D1 level. Any agreements or nayes on this thread?

Still a chance the Gopher's could land him at the last minute, which is probably what will happen. Many highly recruited kids end up playing at or close to their home towns in the very end.

Hope this happens here with SH!!

Go Gopher's!!

You've got to think that Tubby would welcome a big body like that, especially if he didn't have to use a scholarship on him.

Especially if Tubby will let him play BB as well. But not too many Student athletes can keep up with both studies and playing 2 sports at the D1 level. Any agreements or nayes on this thread?

Still a chance the Gopher's could land him at the last minute, which is probably what will happen. Many highly recruited kids end up playing at or close to their home towns in the very end.

Hope this happens here with SH!!

Go Gopher's!!

Put the bottle down.

Put the bottle down.

Why? Is it so hard to think he may want to play his favorite sport for one of the most respected coaches in the country? And add in that he has freinds on both teams and will probably go pro in football no matter what college he goes to. It isnt to hard to see that the U would be a great fit.

I have seen him play. Pretty good, especially for his size. You also have to remember that he would be a walk on.

I think we have to give a little bit of weight to this as a factor. SH has stated that he likes basketball more than football. If he was a #1 basketball recruit would we be saying he isn't coming here? We were a legitimate contender for Barnes in basketball.

There are reasons why we are a good choice. And this is one of them.

What nightmare it would be to see SH beat us in two sports. got to hope brewster and tubby pull this off!

There is a real chance that football is about to turn the corner (if we hold on to these coordinators). A chance to win championships in 2 major sports.

Ya also Allen has been such a big boost to the B-ball program.

A chance to win championships in 2 major sports.

I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. I love the gophs, but good lord, we aren't going to win national titles in both football and bball in the next 3 yrs. Let's just focus on winning our first conference title in over 40 years first.

Maybe he was referring to the Paul Bunyan Axe championship. I think we're destined for many championships in the next few years. I'm not sure the BCS will be one of 'em, though. :)

I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. I love the gophs, but good lord, we aren't going to win national titles in both football and bball in the next 3 yrs. Let's just focus on winning our first conference title in over 40 years first.

I think he was referring to the "Insight Bowl Championship" and an NIT Championship....

What nightmare it would be to see SH beat us in two sports. got to hope brewster and tubby pull this off!

No other team (at least in the Big Ten) is offering the chance to play both sports. So you can relax...if SH goes somewhere like OSU he would only have a shot to beat us in football. :)

No other team (at least in the Big Ten) is offering the chance to play both sports. So you can relax...if SH goes somewhere like OSU he would only have a shot to beat us in football. :)
Actually, I think Iowa is too.

Thanks for another ignorant post.

how is that ignorant?????? Allen hasn't eve practiced with the team yet and the big ten season has started. You don't think that SH will be told this by Tubby????? Your post is 100 times more ignorant.

how is that ignorant?????? Allen hasn't eve practiced with the team yet and the big ten season has started. You don't think that SH will be told this by Tubby????? Your post is 100 times more ignorant.
I think the reason he jumped on you is because you made it sound as if Bryant Allen has no chance to help the basketball team even though no one on here has ever seen him play...Give the kid a chance, a will be a real challenge to play both sports but it sounds as if he is one heck of an athlete!

Personally, I think this is our best angle of getting Mr. Henderson to commit. Hell, if Seantrel wanted to play on the woman's rowing team, I'm sure Brew would be discussing with the rowing coaching staff the endless possibilities of having a 6'8 330 "anchor" on the squad.....However, Sid wouldn't be happy with this decision, as he hates the rowing team :)

Anything is possible. Maybe Allen wants to try both and then see which one he would like to focus on. Nothing wrong with that approach. But playing both all four or five years would be a very difficult load.

I think the reason he jumped on you is because you made it sound as if Bryant Allen has no chance to help the basketball team even though no one on here has ever seen him play...Give the kid a chance, a will be a real challenge to play both sports but it sounds as if he is one heck of an athlete!

Personally, I think this is our best angle of getting Mr. Henderson to commit. Hell, if Seantrel wanted to play on the woman's rowing team, I'm sure Brew would be discussing with the rowing coaching staff the endless possibilities of having a 6'8 330 "anchor" on the squad.....However, Sid wouldn't be happy with this decision, as he hates the rowing team :)

They would have to get a bigger boat.

The Big Ten season starts on Tuesday, so no it has not started yet. And his #1 priority is football. Is there season over? Didnt think so. And it does appear that he is taking part in some bball team activities.

From a CDH insider who has been very accurate regarding CDH kids recruitment. Henderson will only be a Gopher if he decides to try basketball too. Otherwise, it is SoCal all the way.

Tubby has made a big impression on Henderson - which is what is keeping us alive.

The Big Ten season starts on Tuesday, so no it has not started yet. And his #1 priority is football. Is there season over? Didnt think so. And it does appear that he is taking part in some bball team activities.

WRONG AGAIN, BECAUSE ALLEN WILL BE IN ARIZONA WHEN THE BIG TEN SEASON STARTS SMART GUY.

WRONG AGAIN, BECAUSE ALLEN WILL BE IN ARIZONA WHEN THE BIG TEN SEASON STARTS SMART GUY.

I don't get why you're bashing this kid for wanting to play both sports. It's still football season and from the sounds of it that's his main sport so he should continue to be with the football team.

I've never seen the kid play basketball so can't say for sure how much he will help the b-ball program (is he planning on playing this year? idk) but i do know that Julius Peppers did contribute on the basketball court for a couple years at UNC so it's not impossible to do. If Allen is able to contribute I'm sure Coach Smith will be delighted to have him for even part of the season (the most important part at that.)

I want to thank Allen in that he wants to represent the greatest college in two sports and more power to him if he does. Good luck.

From a CDH insider who has been very accurate regarding CDH kids recruitment. Henderson will only be a Gopher if he decides to try basketball too. Otherwise, it is SoCal all the way.

Tubby has made a big impression on Henderson - which is what is keeping us alive.

Tubby and BB will make SH an Minnesota All American in football. He will be one lean and mean offensive lineman. He will make a significant BB contribution as well. This is a great...great opportunity for SH and for the Gophers.

I don't get why you're bashing this kid for wanting to play both sports. It's still football season and from the sounds of it that's his main sport so he should continue to be with the football team.

I've never seen the kid play basketball so can't say for sure how much he will help the b-ball program (is he planning on playing this year? idk) but i do know that Julius Peppers did contribute on the basketball court for a couple years at UNC so it's not impossible to do. If Allen is able to contribute I'm sure Coach Smith will be delighted to have him for even part of the season (the most important part at that.)

I want to thank Allen in that he wants to represent the greatest college in two sports and more power to him if he does. Good luck.

Great post on Allen. He has Charlie Ward potential. Minnesota is a great school and we need to do our part to help it return to its rightful place in college sports. We can be a National Powerhouse in Football, Basketball, Hockey, Wrestling, and more.

IMO ALLEN was a better B-ball prospect then Cobbs. He is way faster, better jumper, and had that "IT" factor.

Top Bottom