Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

All that Burns said was that someone else may be committing tomorrow night. Didn't give any clue as to who though.
Are you sure it's an additional commitment? Tomorrow is JUCO transfer signing day.

Question of curiousity... But does 247 do another update of their player rankings after the season ends or are they done re-ranking kids? Just seems like with some of the senior years some guys had it would move them up or down in ratings and would obviously change our class's rating. Anybody have insight into this? I would assume their done w/ this year's class and gearing up on next years but you never know

Story on G.I. has a quote from Ray Buford saying that Mykelti Williams told him he loves it at Minnesota and is seriously thinking about committing. Buford feels like Williams will be a Gopher. We'll see what happens but it sounds very promising.

That would be a sick pick up.

If it's a new commit, it's going to be someone that has been here on an OV: Williams, Beebe, Register, or Saint-Amour

I doubt Williams commits 3 days after his OV, and Saint-Amour has said he wants to take an OV to Stanford. Best bet is Beebe or Register.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Visits

Why? Burns has said he could pull the trigger any minute and he even said he wouldn't be surprised if he committed while on his OV. I do think Beebe is the most likely though.

Why? Burns has said he could pull the trigger any minute and he even said he wouldn't be surprised if he committed while on his OV. I do think Beebe is the most likely though.

Beebe is a beast, he could be a 4 year starter at FB. I love that this class seems to be solidifying our reputation as a physical downhill running team. Plenty of runningback options and big, mean O linemen.

Beebe is a beast, he could be a 4 year starter at FB. I love that this class seems to be solidifying our reputation as a physical downhill running team. Plenty of runningback options and big, mean O linemen.

It's weird though, Rivals lists him as a LB. I always thought he was a FB all the way.

Jared Pinkney isn't visiting anymore according to 247 but has scheduled visits to Mizzou, UCF and Vanderbilt.

Edit: Actually when you go to the 247 OV list he is still there but it does not have him scheduled on his own profile.

It's weird though, Rivals lists him as a LB. I always thought he was a FB all the way.

Bulk him up a bit and he's not far from being a nice DT prospect either. They'll find a spot for him.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1769294/highlights/163562380' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bulk him up a bit and he's not far from being a nice DT prospect either. They'll find a spot for him.

wow. Hes got the nasty for the defensive side of the football I always look for. Gladly Take.

The staff has discussed moving him to DT if he continues to add weight. At over 250lbs already, with room to grow still, he could get there by the time he's an upperclassman.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1769294/highlights/163562380' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just saw your post. The staff has already discussed him playing DT at some point if he grows out of the FB position.

Already signed

Go Gophers!!

Already signed

Go Gophers!!

That's Charlie Rogers, a JUCO All-American CB/S who committed a couple weeks ago and signed today as he starts school in January.

Just saw your post. The staff has already discussed him playing DT at some point if he grows out of the FB position.

Is he athletic enough to play defense? You can get away with playing an non athletic but physical guy at FB or TE. Not always the case for LB or DT.

I feel like we've had a big recruiting year, but checking the rankings we are still 13th in the B1G. I know rankings aren't everything, but I'm wondering why this is. Smaller class? Lots of under-the-radar types? There are a lot of incoming players I'm excited about and I felt like this was a better class than we've had in the past.

According to Rivals on Dec. 17th we are sitting 9th in the big ten in recruiting.
7: OSU
9: Penn State
26: becky
34: Nebraska
37: Mich. State
40: NW
42: Illinois
47: Maryland
49: Minnesota
51: Rutgers
55: ioweeeee
57: Purdue
58: Indiana
89: Micheeeegan

Michigan will move up when they get a coach picked. As of now they only have 6 commits and 3 of them are 4*.

Looks like another commit

Anyone have any idea who this is? Looks like Classcock tweeted something about it too, fwiw

Top Bottom