The Gophers have sold 6600 tickets as of this afternoon!

GopherLady

Reaction score
Just heard from the U, and 6,600 is the total that's been sold in the past 5 days. Yesterday it was at 5,500. Allotment is 9000, so we're well on our way.

Actually, Sid has already purchased the other 2400 because it is important to him that he never be wrong in his column.

Keeping up about 1,000 per day over the past few days. Assuming that slows down a bit, but doesn't entirely fade, I expect the allotment will be sold out by mid next week.

Very awesome.

Actually, Sid has already purchased the other 2400 because it is important to him that he never be wrong in his column.

Apparently Sid misheard a lot for allotment...not too bad considering he's 94.

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but thanks to Buck_Buchanan for sending me this:

Per www.kansascity.com
As of Friday afternoon, Missouri has sold roughly 6,500 tickets — approximately 70 percent of its allotment — for the Citrus Bowl against Minnesota on Jan. 1 in Orlando, Fla.

MU executive associate athletic director Bryan Maggard originally said the Tigers’ allotment would be 8,000 tickets, but that figure has been revised to 9,400.

So they are right on par with us.

Sections P41-P43 are now sold out. All plaza level seats in our allotment are now sold!

Sid and Harvey Mackay probably bought the tickets to ensure there wouldn't be a television blackout.

This is fantastic. Glad to see we are doing well. I know we always got into the chicken and egg thing with bowls thinking "we don't want them at a premier bowl because they don't travel well" and fans thinking "we don't travel well because we keep going to crap bowls." Really pleased the fans were right, because I didn't want to have to eat crow when we didn't sell dick at a January 1 bowl game.

Top Bottom