Undrafted Gopher Prospects

hungan1

Reaction score
Any news about former Gophers - Donnell Greene, the Huff brothers, OJ Smith, Gary Moore, Jared Weyler, Payton Jordahl, and Emmit Carpenter?

I am hoping that some may catch on as an undrafted free agent, Rookie Mini-Camp Invitation, or the CFL.

Last edited:

Carpenter bears
Moore browns

Greene - Jaguars

Donnell Greene to Jacksonville.

Tyree Jackson, UDFA. It seems like only yesterday the big QB he was going to transfer (perhaps) to Miami or another P5. Seems likely he took some bad advice from an agent. Stay in school kids.

He did get his degree though.

Carpenter bears
Moore browns

Chicago is a great spot for Carp. They brought in another UDFA kicker as well, but that team is looking for a K, big time. He has a real chance there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyree Jackson, UDFA. It seems like only yesterday the big QB he was going to transfer (perhaps) to Miami or another P5. Seems likely he took some bad advice from an agent. Stay in school kids.

i remember when he was getting hype as an early round guy (1st or 2nd). Reminds me of TJack hype from Chilly

i remember when he was getting hype as an early round guy (1st or 2nd). Reminds me of TJack hype from Chilly

I still feel horrible for Adrian having to suffer in that offense. The dearth of talent at the QB position since the early 00s is horrifying at this point. I can’t comment on the new guy as I’ve mostly given up on the NFL as legitimate sport but I understand he had an average year. Maybe some hope there?

I read that Jacob Huff has a couple of offers to choose from but hadn't signed as of last night.

I read that Jacob Huff has a couple of offers to choose from but hadn't signed as of last night.

Was wondering about him. A few draft "experts" said he could get drafted.

I still feel horrible for Adrian having to suffer in that offense. The dearth of talent at the QB position since the early 00s is horrifying at this point. I can’t comment on the new guy as I’ve mostly given up on the NFL as legitimate sport but I understand he had an average year. Maybe some hope there?

I like Cousins. The offensive line, however, was abysmal.

Donnell Greene (Jags) is the only UFA who has signed. The others have tryouts but have not yet signed.

There is nothing out there about OJ Smith, Gary Moore, or Jared Weyler.

I wonder if OJ is healthy. That guy was truly dominant in the trenches for a few games last year.

Was wondering about him. A few draft "experts" said he could get drafted.

He was a weird player. He was great in a handful of games, but he legitimately almost made me quit following the team in the middle of the season. Probably was being asked to do too much by the coaches (which led to the DC change)

He was a weird player. He was great in a handful of games, but he legitimately almost made me quit following the team in the middle of the season. Probably was being asked to do too much by the coaches (which led to the DC change)

You may be thinking of Howden here. He came in for Winfield and missed several open field tackles that ended up giving opposing teams easy TDs.

You may be thinking of Howden here. He came in for Winfield and missed several open field tackles that ended up giving opposing teams easy TDs.

Watch (if you can stomach it) that Illinois game again. I was ready to run Huff out of town that game. He had his hands on or within inches of the ball carrier on every big play and never made the play. He looked awful. Always looked like he was running the wrong way. Again, he may have been out of position by design or covering for someone else's mistake, but he genuinely looked completely incompetent that game. Then, all of the sudden, he looks like he's All B1G later in the season...

Watch (if you can stomach it) that Illinois game again. I was ready to run Huff out of town that game. He had his hands on or within inches of the ball carrier on every big play and never made the play. He looked awful. Always looked like he was running the wrong way. Again, he may have been out of position by design or covering for someone else's mistake, but he genuinely looked completely incompetent that game. Then, all of the sudden, he looks like he's All B1G later in the season...

Funny how a no-Robb Smith can do that.

On the other side of the coin, on the first offensive play of the Wisconsin game, watch the tackle he makes on Jonathon Taylor.

On the other side of the coin, on the first offensive play of the Wisconsin game, watch the tackle he makes on Jonathon Taylor.

Agreed. Again, he played awesome under Rossi. Just saying he was very inconsistent over the year.

It was the scheme. MD was the game where folks started wondering what was up on defense. Smith started losing the players that game IMO.

Yup.
I underestimated how bad Robb Smith was at the time

Yup.
I underestimated how bad Robb Smith was at the time

I heard a lot of bad things about Robb Smith from the beginning, and he never showed me anything remotely impressive ever, then the bottom completely fell out.

Thankfully Fleck god rid of Smith and that was pretty inspiring to me as a one time doubter of PJF.

I was convinced Smith was a guy that might, or might not get an Alabama or Ohio State talent level type team ready to play, but would not create something on his own like Jay S. or now his successor did.

The massive turnaround last year after the well deserved firing probably surprised all of us. I expected a modest turnaround, as they players might have been motivated to show they were not the problem and maybe they did not like Smith much all. Instead we had a shocking change, turning a miserable unit into a stingy, mean, and tough defense vs. Purdue, Wisconsin and GA Tech.

Smith appears to have been a horrible hire and thank God he has been flushed.

I heard a lot of bad things about Robb Smith from the beginning, and he never showed me anything remotely impressive ever, then the bottom completely fell out.

Thankfully Fleck god rid of Smith and that was pretty inspiring to me as a one time doubter of PJF.

I was convinced Smith was a guy that might, or might not get an Alabama or Ohio State talent level type team ready to play, but would not create something on his own like Jay S. or now his successor did.

The massive turnaround last year after the well deserved firing probably surprised all of us. I expected a modest turnaround, as they players might have been motivated to show they were not the problem and maybe they did not like Smith much all. Instead we had a shocking change, turning a miserable unit into a stingy, mean, and tough defense vs. Purdue, Wisconsin and GA Tech.

Smith appears to have been a horrible hire and thank God he has been flushed.

Great post, totally agree. I was one calling for Smith to be outed and there were also a fair amount who agreed with me, then there were those who completely disagreed. I do remember that "Robb Smith appreciation thread" fondly. I get it though, I was on the Strib back in the day defending Brew and how he should get time to go through his scheme changes and how I got torched by like 99% on that cesspool. Well, the mob was clearly right and I deserved my cone of shame LOL.

Top Bottom