Please stop playing Sweet Caroline at Gopher Football.

Personally, I say they bring back Gangnam Style, but that's just me.....

I don't have a problem with the Ski-U-Mah cheer; just the fact that they think they have to explain it each week. That is lame. 90% of the people at games have already been through the directions at least once. And seriously....we don't need the announcer to chant with us.

We are Minnesotans, we're supposed to be relatively intelligent. They're treating us like we're from Iowa or Wisconsin.

Rescooter, agree with you way more than not but on the SKI-U-MAH cheer I'm going with W.C.Fields_

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

Rescooter, agree with you way more than not but on the SKI-U-MAH cheer I'm going with W.C.Fields_

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

I prefer to describe Oregon's uniforms using Rodney Dangerfield.

"They are ugly, but they look good on you."

I can't abide 'Sweet Caroline', for so many reasons, but none so strong as the fact that the Badgers use it, and far too many Badger fans believe that it's a tradition invented in Madison, the center of their myopic universe.

Can't we just find our own song? I don't care if it takes years of trying different songs to finally hit on one that is a viable replacement when it comes to crowd participation. I don't care if it means jamming a song down everyone's throat until the masses accept it as 'our tradition'. Let's just be original when it comes to finding something. "Do the Gopher" has been a good start. Yeah, it's fairly lame, but its ours, and it's already grown on me via exposure.

I can't abide 'Sweet Caroline', for so many reasons, but none so strong as the fact that the Badgers use it, and far too many Badger fans believe that it's a tradition invented in Madison, the center of their myopic universe.

Can't we just find our own song? I don't care if it takes years of trying different songs to finally hit on one that is a viable replacement when it comes to crowd participation. I don't care if it means jamming a song down everyone's throat until the masses accept it as 'our tradition'. Let's just be original when it comes to finding something. "Do the Gopher" has been a good start. Yeah, it's fairly lame, but its ours, and it's already grown on me via exposure.

G-dang it Bandana Guy, you're bringing logic into this argument. That has NO place on an internet board. :mad:

Not a huge fan of Sweet Caroline but the students and crowd get into it so whatever. I want to know what bs they were playing in between Sweet Caroline and Let Me Clear My Throught? They need a song that gets the student and players amped not falling asleep.

How about a compromise, we keep Sweet Caroline and dump "SKI-U-MAH", the lamest attempt at crowd participation ever. Got some laughs though when the Announcer said "I can't HEAR you!"

No kidding.

SKI

(edit: or is it MAH -- dammit I need some instructions again)

i been busy over on the other thread titled Olson Bush. pure gold.

The traditional response would have been:

But I guess you don't like tradition. It's OK, not everyone likes things that get Gopher fans off their feet and cheering. Among those people who do not like such things are Badger fans. Perhaps you would prefer On Wisconsin? :cool:

"What does the Fox Say" gets fans out of their seats so that's not saying much..

What was the song played on Saturday where all the students knew every word, and they all stopped for a second at the exact right time, and then started up again? I think it is a new song. (Note, it is not Let Me Clear My Throat)

I'm late to this thread, but my guess as to why Sweet Caroline is played is because the Twin Cities is FILLED with Kennedy wannabes and a few
of them have infiltrated the gameday scene.....my two cents...lol

G-dang it Bandana Guy, you're bringing logic into this argument. That has NO place on an internet board. :mad:

Apologies. Sometimes I forget who I'm dealing with.

And Monk10 - that Fox song could be it (not near my first choice), but if we're uniquely using it, at least in the Big Ten, then I favor it over Sweet Caroline.

Apologies. Sometimes I forget who I'm dealing with.

And Monk10 - that Fox song could be it (not near my first choice), but if we're uniquely using it, at least in the Big Ten, then I favor it over Sweet Caroline.

Blah..humor gone too far.

I feel this is pretty fitting. If it were actually to be used, minus all the curse words of course. Not necessarily the greatest "pump up" song, but I digress. The Red Sox used it, worked pretty well for them. (They're also my favorite baseball team. :))

Wait. He doesn't ghost ride the whip, wtf?

Top Bottom