Fumble/pass for 6, no review?

McGopherFan

Reaction score
Why was that not reviewed?

Please direct me to where this has been covered if it has.

At the game, no radio.

They did review it; obvious arm was not moving forward; correct call.

Cool thank you. Seemed the PAT came very quickly. Most in my section questioned if was reviewed.

Thank you, all for the added clarity.

Last edited:

I give them credit for reviewing it quickly and being done quickly there.

Sometimes those plays go on and it takes forever for buzzer guy to hit the buzzer to review or they just don't.

I give them credit for reviewing it quickly and being done quickly there.

Sometimes those plays go on and it takes forever for buzzer guy to hit the buzzer to review or they just don't.

True enough. Efficiency is appreciated.

There were a few instances when the announcement by the ref was either unclear, not over the stadium speakers, or perhaps drownd out.

True enough. Efficiency is appreciated.

There were a few instances when the announcement by the ref was either unclear, not over the stadium speakers, or perhaps drownd out.

Yeah the ref had audio issues a few times for sure.

Better than the ref the previous home game who kept leaving his mic on....

agree on the confusion. Doesnt PA guy usually say "the previous play is under review"? I heard no such thing.

agree on the confusion. Doesnt PA guy usually say "the previous play is under review"? I heard no such thing.

Usually the ref actually announces it over the PA.

I suspect there was some confusion / sound issues in general going on and everything went so fast it was just over.

IIRC the ref did use some hand signals and many folks seemed to know what was up.

Are you sure the play was actually reviewed? The replay officials look at every play and signal if a formal review has to happen. I never saw that. Again, they would have looked at it and may have determined a formal review wasn't needed, but if it was being formally reviewed the teams wouldn't have been lining up for the PAT immediately.

I found this in an article about the instant replay process in NCAA football and how reviews are initiated:

2. In college football, most reviews are initiated by officials.
Every game has a head replay official with a crew. NCAA rules say they have to review every play of the game. They can stop a game whenever the crew head believes:

• There’s “reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial on-field ruling”
  • The play is reviewable
  • The outcome of a review would “have a direct, competitive impact” on the game”

My thought is that the replay official probably watched the very first replay of the play and determined that it did not meet the first bullet point for review. I'll admit that while watching the game live, I thought it must be close enough to call for a review. But when I watched the replay on TV, it was obvious by the very first replay that the correct call was made. I assume the Gopher coaches felt the same way and that's why PJ didn't call a time out and do a coach request for review.

Are you sure the play was actually reviewed? The replay officials look at every play and signal if a formal review has to happen. I never saw that. Again, they would have looked at it and may have determined a formal review wasn't needed, but if it was being formally reviewed the teams wouldn't have been lining up for the PAT immediately.

Every turnover and scoring play is automatically reviewed so I think yes, they must have reviewed it. It was very obvious.

The refs missed plenty, but this play was the right call.

I don't think they necessarily have to stop play to review it. The replay official takes a quick look at it, if they need more time they stop play. That play was very obvious and probably took just one or two looks at it to determine it was a fumble.

I was in section 215 about 200 yards from the play and it was clearly an incomplete pass. But I might have been looking at my Miller Lite.

Top Bottom