All Things 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
USWNT wins 13-0 over Thailand

Alex Morgan with a solid 5 goals in the opener.

Go USA!!

Pretty damn arrogant to be showboating in a blowout of that magnitude. let's show a little class ladies.

Would be a valid counterpoint if I had said they should stop scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you score a goal you can celebrate. Did any of them rip their shirts off or run around celebrating longer than a minute or 2? Some of those goals were historic and should have been celebrated. Morgan had 5 goals, that is insane! For others it was their first goal. And honestly the more time they spent "show boating" the less time they had to score more goals.. .

Edit: maybe you should point out specifically which instance/s you thought they show boated too much? I'm assuming you watched the game?

Last edited:

love morgan, love usa.

When you score a goal you can celebrate. Did any of them rip their shirts off or run around celebrating longer than a minute or 2? Some of those goals were historic and should have been celebrated. Morgan had 5 goals, that is insane! For others it was their first goal. And honestly the more time they spent "show boating" the less time they had to score more goals.. .

Edit: maybe you should point out specifically which instance/s you thought they show boated too much? I'm assuming you watched the game?

I don't have a problem with people celebrating their first goal, even in a blowout. Rapinoe did a ridiculous celebration, I'm sure you can find it. It's funny, last night it was the top story on twitter moments, so I'm not alone. And predictably, most of the defenders were "you wouldn't say that about men!"

It's not really that impressive. Thailand is probably equal to a decent US college team.

I don't have a problem with people celebrating their first goal, even in a blowout. Rapinoe did a ridiculous celebration, I'm sure you can find it. It's funny, last night it was the top story on twitter moments, so I'm not alone. And predictably, most of the defenders were "you wouldn't say that about men!"

It's not really that impressive. Thailand is probably equal to a decent US college team.

Yeah I figured it would be Rapinoe's celebration that you would cite. She ran from the goal to her teammates on the sideline, did a spin and a leg kick got hugs then went back to playing. It took very little time. Honestly less of a celebration than a player running to a corner flag, doing a dance and having all the teammates run to them which is pretty common. There were a lot of people calling their celebrations ridiculous last night, did you notice a lot of them were previous players for teams like Canada? They seem jealous to me. There were plenty of people defending their celebrations too.

And it was Rapinoe's first goal so I'm sure she was excited.

And yes it was impressive. They set/tied all kinds of records. Thailand still made the world cup, are they on the same level as USA and France? No, but they were still good enough to make the world cup.

Yeah I figured it would be Rapinoe's celebration that you would cite. She ran from the goal to her teammates on the sideline, did a spin and a leg kick got hugs then went back to playing. It took very little time. Honestly less of a celebration than a player running to a corner flag, doing a dance and having all the teammates run to them which is pretty common. There were a lot of people calling their celebrations ridiculous last night, did you notice a lot of them were previous players for teams like Canada? They seem jealous to me. There were plenty of people defending their celebrations too.

And it was Rapinoe's first goal so I'm sure she was excited.

And yes it was impressive. They set/tied all kinds of records. Thailand still made the world cup, are they on the same level as USA and France? No, but they were still good enough to make the world cup.

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was classless. Whatever.

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was classless. Whatever.

You got to watch history! Wish you would have enjoyed it... You should look up what Alex Morgan said today about the celebrations. Not only because I agree with her and how she defended it but also because she is... well.. easy on the eyes....

You got to watch history! Wish you would have enjoyed it... You should look up what Alex Morgan said today about the celebrations. Not only because I agree with her and how she defended it but also because she is... well.. easy on the eyes....

let's end on this agreement!

One little factoid that got lost in the shuffle were US players on camera taking time to console and encourage the Thailand players in the immediate aftermath of the game. But that got overlooked because of all the huffing and puffing about the celebrations (especially from former Canadian players) after the final whistle.

Personally, I didn't like Rapinoe's reaction to her goal. It a bit excessive for my taste. But the rest of the celebrations were perfectly legitimate in my opinion.

One thing is for sure, those former Canadian women's soccer players have a serious axe to grind with the US women, but I guess that's what happens when you've been beaten like a drum for a few decades.

LOL you are such a snow flake. S2 is mad that a little lady used her 1st amendment rights. She didn't kneel, she just stood there and didn't sing the national anthem. OH NO!

The poor Fellas. Thumping your chest for 'Murica is all good until some women's soccer players celebrate too much or don't sing the national anthem.

LOL you are such a snow flake. S2 is mad that a little lady used her 1st amendment rights. She didn't kneel, she just stood there and didn't sing the national anthem. OH NO!

I'm not mad, just not interested. It takes a lot to get me interested in women's sports other than the U women anyway. Trying way too hard to be controversial is uninteresting to me.

The poor Fellas. Thumping your chest for 'Murica is all good until some women's soccer players celebrate too much or don't sing the national anthem.

Huh? That makes no sense. Go back to fighting nazi's.

I'm not mad, just not interested. It takes a lot to get me interested in women's sports other than the U women anyway. Trying way too hard to be controversial is uninteresting to me.

That's just it, she isn't trying hard to be controversial. You are making a big deal out of a nothing burger. Your beard hair must be growing up your nose and affecting your brain.

That's just it, she isn't trying hard to be controversial. You are making a big deal out of a nothing burger. Your beard hair must be growing up your nose and affecting your brain.

Of course she is! LOL. I'm not making a big deal out of anything. Someone trying to grow their sport should be a little smarter while they're whining about money. I'll take my eyeballs elsewhere. Don't like it? Too bad. I have lots of options.

Of course she is! LOL. I'm not making a big deal out of anything. Someone trying to grow their sport should be a little smarter while they're whining about money. I'll take my eyeballs elsewhere. Don't like it? Too bad. I have lots of options.

I don't think the USWNT wants guys like you watching anyway.

It has long been tradition in soccer to celebrate after scoring a goal.

I think you may be surprised what side of this issue I'd be on. Let's just say the men's world cup generates billions of dollars and the womens world cup generates 10s of Millions of dollars. They can get back to me when they hit a billion which would still be significantly less than the men.

I'm not surprised at all actually. I'm not interested in watching whiny, entitled, wanna be SJWs, wear Team USA jerseys and play for their country but think they're cool and woke by not standing for the anthem. If you are, that's cool.

I'm not surprised at all actually. I'm not interested in watching whiny, entitled, wanna be SJWs, wear Team USA jerseys and play for their country but think they're cool and woke by not standing for the anthem. If you are, that's cool.

Jokes on you I didn't watch the game yesterday, I was busy. I will probably watch Sunday though.

For someone who doesn’t care, you sure seem to care a lot. And gosh you are a sensitive fellow. ANOTHER NATIONAL ANTHEM CONTROVERSY!!!!!

Holy snowflake2! Trying to be controversial by NOT doing something? Hmm.... Sounds like someone is just triggered.

Top Bottom