Is 18 wins good enough to make the NIT?

Depends how many regular season champions from the smaller conferences lose in there tournaments. If we got to 18 I would put us as a 6-8 seed. In 2012 we had 19 wins and we were a 6th seed. I would put our chances at 75% if we finish like that.

Depends how many regular season champions from the smaller conferences lose in there tournaments. If we got to 18 I would put us as a 6-8 seed. In 2012 we had 19 wins and we were a 6th seed. I would put our chances at 75% if we finish like that.

Your explanation and narrative are correct but the Gophers did have a 6-12 Big Ten regular season record that year. West Virginia got a 5th seed last year with a 17-15 record and Georgetown got a 4th with a 17-14 record. Illinois did get a #2 seed last year with a 19-14 record. Our RPI won't be that great if we finish only 6-12 in the conference so that could keep our seeding down. We might actually be better off playing on Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament if we can win that first game and pull off an upset in the second.

A few months ago, I would have laughed you out of the room if you told me that we would be in a position where we had to wonder if we would be better off finishing in the bottom four of the B1G to pick up a cheap extra win to improve our positioning in terms of qualifying for the NIT.

A few months ago, I would have laughed you out of the room if you told me that we would be in a position where we had to wonder if we would be better off finishing in the bottom four of the B1G to pick up a cheap extra win to improve our positioning in terms of qualifying for the NIT.

Well, when your original expectations are crushed, you have to reset your expectations and hope for the best outcome under the circumstances. Assuming that Northwestern finishes this game with a win against Indiana, we may now be in the last four of the conference.

Well, when your original expectations are crushed, you have to reset your expectations and hope for the best outcome under the circumstances. Assuming that Northwestern finishes this game with a win against Indiana, we may now be in the last four of the conference.

Another say nothing from you that hasn't been said time and time again, over and over, repeatedly, ad nauseum.

Good work.

Another say nothing from you that hasn't been said time and time again, over and over, repeatedly, ad nauseum.

Good work.

Glad you noticed. That's the effect I was going for.

You're pathetic. Even when you try to rip someone, you stink at it - no creativity, no wit, no ability to verbally shiv the knife. We should call you Doctor Dullard.

Glad you noticed. That's the effect I was going for.

You're pathetic. Even when you try to rip someone, you stink at it - no creativity, no wit, no ability to verbally shiv the knife. We should call you Doctor Dullard.

Eat you heart out, repeatedly saying nothing new.

I think some of this depends on whether we get 7 or 8 in the NCAA's. Clearly the NIT will want at least one B1G team, if all of our current 'bubble' teams get in, we are probably in better shape than if Illinois or Purdue are available to be picked ahead of us.

I think some of this depends on whether we get 7 or 8 in the NCAA's. Clearly the NIT will want at least one B1G team, if all of our current 'bubble' teams get in, we are probably in better shape than if Illinois or Purdue are available to be picked ahead of us.

I have a feeling that Illinois won't get in. They are now 7-8, they didn't look that great tonight, and they could end up with a losing conference record. I think they will take 7 and Purdue will be one of them. Purdue already has 10 conference wins and one more shouldn't be too difficult.

Meh, been there done that. Wouldn't we rather try out the CBI this season for something new?

Top Bottom