Ugh: Mo Walker suspended for 6 games due to violation of University policy

jmag21

Reaction score
I guess this is what Doogie was talking about. Now we're tiny.

Mo Walker Suspended 6 Games

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mo Walker has been suspended for 6 games</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/398959277530152960">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pitino announced today that junior Maurice Walker has been suspended for the team’s first 6 contests for a violation of university policy</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/398959713871998976">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ellenson is in trouble too. The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.

Nope. Doogie says it's Wally related. We can't catch a break.

Ellenson is in trouble too. The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.

Well, I do respect Richard though. He's not afraid to take strong action, and I like that. Hopefully we can not only do things the right way, but win as well. Tubby established a good base of ethics here, and I'm glad to see Richard continuing to build on it.

The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.

Women's hockey team won their 60th game in a row today. No tie, no goalie standing on their head just once? Amazing. Plus they rarely miss on in state talent.

That last game JUST intersects the Syracuse game. After the RT debacle......this is turning into a real ****storm. Hopefully it ends here and the bball/fball/hockey teams turn the tide this weekend.

Ouch that includes Richmond and Syracuse. Why not 5 games?

Ugh. I was just thinking today how we're lucky that everyone is eligible to play at the beginning of the season after seeing so many players being suspended around the country. I guess I should've waited a few more hours.

And the hits just keep on coming. This is violation of U policy not team policy? That isn't good.

Ugh. I was just thinking today how we're lucky that everyone is eligible to play at the beginning of the season after seeing so many players being suspended around the country. I guess I should've waited a few more hours.

Everything was going far too well up until 3:30. The next 24 hours will tell us if this is MN fate, or a simple clustering of unfortunate events.

Don't know what the reason is for Mo's suspension but I hope he can come back ready to go after the 6 games. The only game that would really concern me for him to miss is Syracuse and maybe Richmond but I think we should be fine going small against them. I'm not real worried about missing Wally and I could see him leaving the team during or after this season, the only thing I would really worry about would be it would probably take us out of the running for his brother.

This is all the press release says:

Gophers Suspend Maurice Walker For Six Games
University of Minnesota men’s head basketball coach Richard Pitino announced today that junior forward Maurice Walker has been suspended for the team’s first six contests for a violation of university policy.

per espn1500/doogie/ellenson's dad---wally and pitino had heated conversation' and are trying to 'work through it'. Wally will not play tonight.

I now fully expect a loss in the football game tomorrow. I know how Gophers karma works.

per espn1500/doogie/ellenson's dad---wally and pitino had heated conversation' and are trying to 'work through it'. Wally will not play tonight.

You know what...if one argument with a coach has a guy wanting to transfer then you really have to question what the guy is doing here in the first place. Not saying Wally is going anywhere or anything like that. Winners fight through the pain, committed people work through their differences and teammates don't quit on their team. Character is revealed during the tough times.

His dad leaked this to the media? This is bad. If you have an issue with the coach, you need to keep that in house and not have your dad make it public for you.

I don't make it a habit to rip on college kids, but this is pretty weak sauce.

The Mo suspension hurts. What is an example of U policy? My first thought is he was caught smoking the reefer.

I now fully expect a loss in the football game tomorrow. I know how Gophers karma works.

Yep. This is so classic Gopher fan BS it isn't even funny. Hell, we could lose to Lehigh tonight and I wouldn't be surprised.

His dad leaked this to the media? This is bad. If you have an issue with the coach, you need to keep that in house and not have your dad make it public for you.

The Mo suspension hurts. What is an example of U policy? My first thought is he was caught smoking the reefer.

The Ellenson family has always been a little off to me. Like they're entitled to things. The mom on twitter has always bugged me.

The Mo suspension hurts. What is an example of U policy? My first thought is he was caught smoking the reefer.[/QUOTE]

The 1500espn talkers were 'guessing' that.

The maroon and gold optimist in me is saying that the team is going to put on a very impressive showing tonight and completely change our recent concerns. RT will realize that he made a poor choice and the FB team will run wild tomorrow.

Top Bottom