South Dakota State, debuts as fourth-ranked team in FCS

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

No-win game for Gophs. Victory was supposed to happen, loss is devastating.

Wouldn’t be surprised with a 17-10, 24-14 type of outcome. Which will already cause some ‘Hole posters to nose dive and declare the season a disappointment.

While it could happen, I don't see this game getting out of hand for the Gophers until the fourth quarter. South Dakota State will not quite be able to match the size of the Gopher offensive line, but they are probably as big as a lot of FBS teams up front on both sides of the ball. Ciarocca will likely try to keep a rather vanilla game plan. I see this as something like a 28-10 or 35-10 final in favor of the Gophers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a one possession game at halftime.

People who understand football will be very impressed with a convincing victory. All of our games can be impressive wins.

There isn't an easy game on the schedule this year.

This will not be a sit down and relax game. Certainly the favorite but it will be a grinder with us on top and looking not too impressive IMO. Just need to stay healthy.

As long as our run defense is similar to the end of last year we should win comfortably. They do have dangerous RBs and a dangerous wr but I don’t expect their brand new qb to excel.

You get your usual OOC games with teams coming in expecting to get pounded here and there.

I feel like a lot of our OOC games this year have teams who are seriously looking to make a statement.

I expect 3-4 passing TDs from the QBs, 250+ rushing yards in a demolition. This is not the Kill era offense. If we struggle to stop the run or have trouble on the back end I’ll be concerned. My hand may not hit the panic button, but I’ll be concerned.

I expect 3-4 passing TDs from the QBs, 250+ rushing yards in a demolition. This is not the Kill era offense. If we struggle to stop the run or have trouble on the back end I’ll be concerned. My hand may not hit the panic button, but I’ll be concerned.

If we can't handle SDSU — and handle them easily — I will begin to have very serious doubts.

You could be exactly correct. Not saying you’re not.

Rather, I am asking honestly: how much do you know about FCS-P5 upsets in the last several years, and how much do you know about the Dakota State U schools’ football programs?

You get your usual OOC games with teams coming in expecting to get pounded here and there.

I feel like a lot of our OOC games this year have teams who are seriously looking to make a statement.

We just need to get SDSU and Fresno fans to start a super thread over here and we'll be set

stylistically, this is a favorable type of matchup for the Rabbits D, playing a team that wants to run the ball. Their strength on D is their front 7 (3 new starters in the secondary), and they'll relish a physical game. I would urge MN to throw the ball and get on the edges early to better open up the running game. On Defense, MN needs to sit on the run and force an inexperienced QB to beat them through the air. If SDSU is having success running the ball, certainly bad for MN which needs to prevent yards on the ground. SDSU needs a low scoring game to stay in it.

27-14 MN

Last edited:

You could be exactly correct. Not saying you’re not.

Rather, I am asking honestly: how much do you know about FCS-P5 upsets in the last several years, and how much do you know about the Dakota State U schools’ football programs?

Their former QB is in the Cowboys camp right now. Starter is going to be a freshman dual threat which should present some TO opportunities. New OC. If our offense can’t score on an outmatched FCS defense I’ll be shocked, surprised, and worried. How much do you know?

Of course they are. NDSU is probably #1. Some other midwest schools are probably also #1 in DII and DIII. Because Minnesota (state of) is packed to the gills with quality MAC-level talent nobody recruits.

I just went and checked out the rabbit message board. 90% of the posts on that board are from Talon. Yikes man, that’s talking obsession to a creepy level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went and checked out the rabbit message board. 90% of the posts on that board are from Talon. Yikes man, that’s talking obsession to a creepy level.

I thought you were joking but holy crap you are right. How did a fan of one of our guarantee games wind up stalking the fans of another of our guarantee games?

I'll be more than happy with a 3 point win and move on to Georgia Southern preparation.

By the time November or December rolls around, it won't matter if it's a 2-pt win or a 20-pt win. Nobody will remember a damn thing about this game, unless they lose.

"South Dakota State debuts as 4th-ranked team in FCS".

Eden Prairie will probably debut as the top-ranked team in the Metro West.

I'll be more than happy with a 3 point win and move on to Georgia Southern preparation.

By the time November or December rolls around, it won't matter if it's a 2-pt win or a 20-pt win. Nobody will remember a damn thing about this game, unless they lose.

You’re right, nobody brings up the Rutgers game in 2016. Or Kent State.

Top Bottom