Gopher in the CFL

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Just a short update on the Gophers in the Canadian Football league. Woli, Streveler, and Richardson all play for Winnipeg which makes it easier for me.

Wolitarsky: Has 8 receptions and 3 tds in 3 games for the 3-0 Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Is becoming a premier "Canadian" receiver (he has Canadian citizenship). Looks like he will have a long and productive CFL career.

Streveler: Currently back-up and short yardage quarterback. Threw his first TD pass of the season to Wolitarsky last Friday (perhaps the first Gopher to Gopher td pass in professional football? Unless they hooked up last year- don`t think so but not going to check). Has 16 carries for 58 yards and 3 touchdowns. Played most of the second half last Friday after starter got hurt. Had an interception on a tipped ball but otherwise looked good. He is a physical beast. Fast and huge. I think the NFL is in his future as a #3 qb/ special teams hybrid. His athletic skills are off the charts. He went 6-8 for 42 yards in relief. Arm strength may to be his weakness but not overly noticeable.

Steven Richardson: Has 6 tackles in 3 games for a dominant D (allowed only 1 td in 3 games). Rotates in as far as I can tell. Coaches seem to love him (what else is new).

Simoni Lawrence: Still one of the best D players in the CFL. Has 20 tackles and 2 interceptions in 4 games for Hamilton.

Thanks Winnipeggopher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streveler: Currently back-up and short yardage quarterback. Threw his first TD pass of the season to Wolitarsky last Friday (perhaps the first Gopher to Gopher td pass in professional football? .

That would be interesting. Did Marquel Fleetwood ever throw a touchdown to a Gopher receiver in the CFL?

You mean Ricky Foggie? Not sure how to look that up.

Just a short update on the Gophers in the Canadian Football league. Woli, Streveler, and Richardson all play for Winnipeg which makes it easier for me.

Wolitarsky: Has 8 receptions and 3 tds in 3 games for the 3-0 Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Is becoming a premier "Canadian" receiver (he has Canadian citizenship). Looks like he will have a long and productive CFL career.

Streveler: Currently back-up and short yardage quarterback. Threw his first TD pass of the season to Wolitarsky last Friday (perhaps the first Gopher to Gopher td pass in professional football? Unless they hooked up last year- don`t think so but not going to check). Has 16 carries for 58 yards and 3 touchdowns. Played most of the second half last Friday after starter got hurt. Had an interception on a tipped ball but otherwise looked good. He is a physical beast. Fast and huge. I think the NFL is in his future as a #3 qb/ special teams hybrid. His athletic skills are off the charts. He went 6-8 for 42 yards in relief. Arm strength may to be his weakness but not overly noticeable.

Steven Richardson: Has 6 tackles in 3 games for a dominant D (allowed only 1 td in 3 games). Rotates in as far as I can tell. Coaches seem to love him (what else is new).

Simoni Lawrence: Still one of the best D players in the CFL. Has 20 tackles and 2 interceptions in 4 games for Hamilton.

I thought there was a few Streveler to Woli TDs last year when Streveler filled in at the beginning of the year.

Thanks Win...peg for the update. I grew up watching the CFL and still like watching it to this day. I have caught a couple of games this year and it seems they did not throw a whole lot in Woli's direction. They were going a lot to the slot receiver and other wide outs, in the games I watched. It is on my bucket list to go to Winnipeg some day and watch a game. One question, do I have to get a Visa just to come up and watch a game? Do they have reciprocity with the state of Minnesota?
Win...peggopher if would be great if you have the time to every once in awhile post a update like you did here, as they don't have the Bombers on every week down here.

Thanks Win...peg for the update. I grew up watching the CFL and still like watching it to this day. I have caught a couple of games this year and it seems they did not throw a whole lot in Woli's direction. They were going a lot to the slot receiver and other wide outs, in the games I watched. It is on my bucket list to go to Winnipeg some day and watch a game. One question, do I have to get a Visa just to come up and watch a game? Do they have reciprocity with the state of Minnesota?
Win...peggopher if would be great if you have the time to every once in awhile post a update like you did here, as they don't have the Bombers on every week down here.

No visa is needed but do need a passport. One thing is both countries refuse entry to anyone with a felony. Apparently DWI/ DUIs are considered felonies in Canada but not always in the US. This leads to some people being turned back unexpectedly.

Yes, I will try to post more on this. I watch most Bomber games so it is not hard. The Bombers are 3-0 but the offence is not really clicking. The running game and Defence is winning them games along with a few long balls to former Dallas Cowboy Lucky Whitehead. Would agree Woli has been quiet but 3 tds in 3 games is still pretty good.

Cool. I watched a decent bit of the CFL last year....but I haven't seen it on the guide so far this season. I'll have to pay closer attention. Do you ever go to any of the games?

No visa is needed but do need a passport. One thing is both countries refuse entry to anyone with a felony. Apparently DWI/ DUIs are considered felonies in Canada but not always in the US. This leads to some people being turned back unexpectedly.

Yes, I will try to post more on this. I watch most Bomber games so it is not hard. The Bombers are 3-0 but the offence is not really clicking. The running game and Defence is winning them games along with a few long balls to former Dallas Cowboy Lucky Whitehead. Would agree Woli has been quiet but 3 tds in 3 games is still pretty good.

Actually, if you drive into Canada, either a Passport Card or the MN Enhanced Drivers Licence will work. You only need the passport if you fly.

Top Bottom