Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

The Huskers class is rated 73rd in the nation, 13th in the B1G and only has 3 recruits.

Looks like Frost has some work to do to keep up with PJ...

And all 3 commits are 4 stars and two are ranked top 50. I wonder who i would rather have with 8 months left until signing day? Its not a race to fill up a class with crap commits. Im not saying all are bad, but there are a handful on that list that have no business having on offer from a school like Minnesota.

Dylan McGill 0 Star- You beat out Grambling State and Illinois State for his commitment
Victor Pless 0 Star- You beat out Ball State and Akron for his commit.
Melle Kreuder 0 star- you beat out Umass and Buffalo. He had no other offers.

I know Minnesota fans are smart enough to know that you could have done better than this.
If kids want to commit and they arent at the top of your list you have to tell them that they have to wait. Now he has to hold on to these guys or drop them for other higher ranked players which would make him look like a hypocrite with his no visiting policy.

And all 3 commits are 4 stars and two are ranked top 50. I wonder who i would rather have with 8 months left until signing day? Its not a race to fill up a class with crap commits. Im not saying all are bad, but there are a handful on that list that have no business having on offer from a school like Minnesota.

Dylan McGill 0 Star- You beat out Grambling State and Illinois State for his commitment

I know Minnesota fans are smart enough to know that you could have done better than this.
If kids want to commit and they arent at the top of your list you have to tell them that they have to wait. Now he has to hold on to these guys or drop them for other higher ranked players which would make him look like a hypocrite with his no visiting policy.

I'd much, much rather have a 0 star than a 2 star. 0 stars means you haven't been evaluated yet, i.e., you're under the radar. I have no idea how good those 3 guys are, but concluding they're bad because they haven't gotten any exposure doesn't make any sense.

You seem to not understand the intricacies of our recruiting class. McGill doesn't have many offers because he's played QB. Fleck saw him at WR during a camp and offered immediately. He did the same thing to an unknown recruit named Rashod Bateman, who will end up playing on Sundays.

Pless has 6 Power 5 offers besides Minnesota: BC, Indiana, Louisville, Oregon St, Syracuse and West Virginia. 2 of those teams were in the top 25 last year.

Kreuder had camp offers from Penn St, Rutgers, Indiana and Cincinnati.

Looks like you should focus on filling up your own class. I bet the Husker faithful are getting a little nervous...

PJ is recruiting like hes still in the MAC. 4 no star commits? Thats atrocious and unacceptable for a power 5 program.

There isnt a single high ranking 3 star out of 16 commitments. How Minnesota fans are okay with this low level of recruiting ill never understand. Getting the lowest rating recruiting class by average is not going to get it done.

I'm fairly certain if you looked, you could find quite a few power 5 programs who have done well in recent memory that had few to no 4* + commits...

You might want to look at the offer list for Pless again. Zero stars just means he hasn't been evaluated yet. With the offers he has, he'll get rated higher by signing day.

This was...not a terribly intelligent post.

I'm curious to see how many of these 4* will avoid needing to get mug shots.

You might want to look at the offer list for Pless again. Zero stars just means he hasn't been evaluated yet. With the offers he has, he'll get rated higher by signing day.

What do you have to do to not get evaluated. Fictional players get 3-stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when Fleck'p predecessors used to bring in 2-stars and tell us they would "coach 'em up"? This is a step forward.

Your post has already been debunked but it is such a perfect example of where the ranking group has fallen. It isn’t good enough that the talent on the field looks better under PJ - still have to justify the rankings, right. Many on here are so pot-committed expecting 4-stars, then we heard all about high vs low 3-stars, now we are down to rating inflation and misrepresenting past teams that performed pretty well (and ignoring the 2016 class all together).

Look, the rankings thing hasn’t panned out as the group hoped, and that is OK because in the end they just don’t matter. They have been exposed on here for what they are. Most importantly I see very few people complaining about PJ’s recruiting - obvious to most the Dude knows what he is doing with that, regardless of rankings. Try to be OK with that. In the end, results will tell the story. Starting this year.

PJ is recruiting like hes still in the MAC. 4 no star commits? Thats atrocious and unacceptable for a power 5 program.

There isnt a single high ranking 3 star out of 16 commitments. How Minnesota fans are okay with this low level of recruiting ill never understand. Getting the lowest rating recruiting class by average is not going to get it done.

Nebraska Big Ten recruiting class rankings.

2015 - 4th
2016 - 5th
2017 - 5th
2018 - 4th

That’s respectable, if you live and die by the number of stars a recruits has.

Here’s the problem....their record over that period of time is a putrid 23-27. The Gophers are 27-24, which isn’t anything to brag about, but this isn’t the time to be cocky if you’re a Huskers fan.

What ranking site are you cherry picking from for these Nebraska recruits? I wouldn't be shocked at all if Dylan McGill ends up being better than Zavier Betts. Small offer lists in June are a lot different than small offer lists come February. Betts' and Corcoran's offer list isn't much different than Pless'. I could just list a couple crappy programs that offered like you did though and ignore the good ones.

Your post has already been debunked but it is such a perfect example of where the ranking group has fallen. It isn’t good enough that the talent on the field looks better under PJ - still have to justify the rankings, right. Many on here are so pot-committed expecting 4-stars, then we heard all about high vs low 3-stars, now we are down to rating inflation and misrepresenting past teams that performed pretty well (and ignoring the 2016 class all together).

Look, the rankings thing hasn’t panned out as the group hoped, and that is OK because in the end they just don’t matter. They have been exposed on here for what they are. Most importantly I see very few people complaining about PJ’s recruiting - obvious to most the Dude knows what he is doing with that, regardless of rankings. Try to be OK with that. In the end, results will tell the story. Starting this year.

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out observation.

I know I've clashed with you at times Spoofin. Despite the fact that I think you're a 3 star poster, you responded on the 5 star level!

So this Skerzfan guy has been waiting 6 years to post on here? Feels like Nebraska finally has a respectable team so he can shoot his mouth off?

What in the name of Wan'Dale Robinson's Hype Train is Skerzfan thinking?

So this Skerzfan guy has been waiting 6 years to post on here? Feels like Nebraska finally has a respectable team so he can shoot his mouth off?

Member since 2/13/19 not Feb, 2013

He does like to talk himself some Huskers tho

Member since 2/13/19 not Feb, 2013

He does like to talk himself some Huskers tho

My bad, thanks for the correction. He’s still probably been waiting for 6 years to post on here though [emoji1787]

Anyone hear anything on how the visits went the last couple days? After last weekend, I'm spoiled for wanting instant gratification. Lol.

Anyone hear anything on how the visits went the last couple days? After last weekend, I'm spoiled for wanting instant gratification. Lol.

A lot of them still have more visits.

Saad and Keys are likely to commit shortly.

Also, these visits weren't just yesterday. Those same are here yet today. visiting the sites in the cities and spending time at Fleck's lakehouse.

Last edited:

Also, these visits weren't just yesterday. Those same are here yet today. visiting the sites in the cities and spending time at Fleck's lakehouse.

Thank you.

Also, these visits weren't just yesterday. Those same are here yet today. visiting the sites in the cities and <b>spending time at Fleck's lakehouse.</b>

Slumber Party?

In response to Spoofin, here is the sleepover approved nightwear!

82cf45bd-1845-4fb4-bae9-bc13af37caf9_1.42771ddad507ed79033f1c80bf3544ed.jpeg

I agree with the posts that say Fleck is doing a good job recruiting.

I disagree with the ones that say he isn't doing a good job recruiting.

Saad looks very underrated, moves really well for his size, will have to add weight to stay at DT. Keys looks the part physically.

Top Bottom