ESPN: Cavaliers hire former Gopher J.B. Bickerstaff as assistant coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

With a plan to partner him with new coach John Beilein, the Cleveland Cavaliers have hired J.B. Bickerstaff as associate head coach.

The Cavaliers will make Bickerstaff one of the NBA's top-paid assistant coaches, league sources said.

"J.B. has spent his entire life in and around the game, and his knowledge of the league and basketball will bring a full spectrum of value to the team," Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman said in a news release. "His approach to coaching and everything on the court and off is exactly the kind of perspective, commitment and integrity we want for the culture and growth we will drive here."

Cleveland is working with Beilein -- a highly successfully coach with 40 years' experience in the college ranks -- to ease his transition to the pro game and targeted Bickerstaff as a key to that education.

"This was a very easy decision to add J.B. as our associate head coach," Beilein said in the release. "He is a respected and accomplished coach who I'm very excited and fortunate to have next to me. When I spoke with J.B., I quickly realized that we share many of the same core values, principles and views about coaching basketball and team culture."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26782312/cavaliers-hire-jb-bickerstaff-assistant-coach

Go Gophers!!

Bielein insurance!

Wouldn't mind if JB was our coach one day

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Especially if he learns under Beilein for 5 years or so.

Has he ever coached in college? I only remember him as a pro coach. Obviously very accomplished guy and getting a Gopher alum would be great when the time came, but a little college experience would boost the resume for me.

Top Bottom