OK! OK! enough!

Expand your point. You can't just drop an exactly after saying they are being "rewarded" with a trip to S.D.. Can't let you off of the hook that easy.

BTW Rog, I am sorry for my role in hijacking your thread. I do want to know more about/ talk about the game in question. Just still struggling with the events in question.

I will add that I am somewhat concerned about the ability of our offense to run/ move the ball against WSU. They are going to force us to pass. Can we? Can we ram the ball down their throats if WSU knows it's coming and plays sound defense. We have been very good, but I don't know that we've been dominant with our run game.

I think it's fair to say this stuff happens all over major campuses involving athletes. Could it be a cultural thing? Maybe, point is, it happens everywhere. Whether you're on the players side, victims side, or somewhere in the middle, you SHOULD be proud that the U did not try to hide this, cover it up, or otherwise try to undermine any investigations occuring. That, IMO, is worthy of being proud of the U. Maybe Kaler and Coyle did what they felt they had to do to protect the program? Regardless of what you feel about the EEOA, if they had not abided by their recommendations, couldn't this have been way worse?

At the same time, I see no issue with Claeys tweets, or the players sticking up for their teammates. Claeys showed support for his players coming together, he did not wade into the waters of guilt or innocence, or condone anything. The players ( with good intentions) felt some of their teammates were being targeted unfairly, and decided to use the only power they have to try to get some answers. They stated that their objective was not to stick up for rapists, rather they were emphatic that this was not a shot at victims of sexual violence at all, but an appeal to the administration to explain why this was happening. I think the U has a lot to be proud of here. We will have to see how what happens in the appeals process.

I know you're trying like hell to defend the indefensible. Keep pushing those chairs around the U of M titanic while the rest of us watch.

It's literally the exact opposite situation.

The people who care calling the investigation a travesty are the ones who see this as the crisis that it is. For people like you, who don't care about any sort of justice, this is just people getting punished.

Are you unable to wrap your head around the critique of the PROCESS?

It's literally the exact opposite situation.

The people who care calling the investigation a travesty are the ones who see this as the crisis that it is. For people like you, who don't care about any sort of justice, this is just people getting punished.

Are you unable to wrap your head around the critique of the PROCESS?

+1 This! Going one step further, where is the prevention part coming in. Hell they could Fire the entire coaching staff and dismiss all of the players. Will it prevent further issues? Apparently not.

Maybe move over to the Off Topic forum. To many self righteous people raising the sword for me. It is really simple stupid if you think about it . Guys thinking with the wrong head and a girl walking into situation who was either cocked to the gils, or off the wall naive. ROG is right....

I'm really hoping that the team gives fans a good game in 9 days and win or lose, I'm confident the players that are out there will give it their best effort. Next year, this team might look like the Texas State Armadillos with a new coaching staff, but I will always support the team and appreciate the effort they put out. Maroon and gold til I breath my last breath.

Go Gophers!!

For those that decide legal issues based on their emotional reaction and pre-existing biases this issue was decided back in September. For those of us that value the truth it is not close to over. I suspect this story has a lot more to tell. Stay tuned.

With all the stuff being floated on twitter and the belief that most of the information was leaked by the players and their attorneys, I don't see much legal standing. They can and likely will all transfer, the coach will get fired, and the sun will rise.

I could've wrong, but that's my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All these idiots you named and the hundred other or so who stood behind Woli the first time the anointed spokesperson of clownville announced their boycott is one reason not to care. Said same idiots stood behind said clownville leader when he backpedaled is another not to care. I could go on but there are a lot of other threads and posts that give ample reasons not to care about these idiots.

It's pretty much impossible to have a discussion with you and a few others because if someone doesn't agree 100% with you, then you assume they are ok with sexual assault. Believe it or not, it is possible to believe sexual assault occurred and be upset at the process.

Their chief demand was the reinstatement of all 10 players.

How did you come to the conclusion that it was the chief deman? It was one of the demands but wasn't the only one.

Maybe they made a mistake by demanding that but maybe at that time they believed they were innocent. Then they read the report and things changed.

Next year, this team might look like the Texas State Armadillos with a new coaching staff...
Go Gophers!!

You better believe a lot of posters here would love us to hire Ed "Straight Arrow" Gennaro.

Can we get the Quantum Leap guy to QB as well? He threw a lot better spiral than Leidner.

Oh wait, I'm accidentally talking football. Someone stop me...

1421-309x316.jpg

Top Bottom