All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Lol I love how every time an in state kid doesn't commit its because they think their crap doesn't stink...couldn't be because he likes a different school more or thinks its a better opportunity. I love the U and would want to play here but to play devils advocate...how many tourney appearances/wins do we have in the last 10 years?

It is kinda of a chicken and the egg scenario. If no players choose the U then we won’t go to the tourney. And same goes for the fans, if the fans all think we stink and that no one should come here than don’t gripe about not being any good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t say I was mad, just that I don’t care! There are more than enough sports, players, actives to follow. Why should the average U fan give a rip about the about the play of some kid that is playing on some other team just because they went to high school in Minnesota? Those players that leave to “greener pastures” don’t feel any allegiance to the fans in Minnesota, they could care less, so why do local people still feel like they are “one of us”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if they love basketball, high school and college and like to see young people do really well.

per Shooter:

Besides ex-Wolves coach Sam Mitchell, first-year Memphis coach Penny Hardaway, who is hard at work recruiting Rochester John Marshall’s 6-9 Matthew Hurt, has ex-Wolves shooting guard Mike Mitchell as an assistant.

Hurt has accepted an invitation to play in the Nike Hoop Summit on April 12 in Portland, Ore. Alumni include Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, John Wall and Kevin Love.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/...e-have-met-expectations-twins-president-says/

Go Gophers!!

It's really quite unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not comparing the two...but I watched a lot of Nate Wolters in high school. Saw him score like 44 in a tight game. Was amazing to see a high school kid who wasn’t huge just dominate a game.

Hurt reminds me of Rickert. Can do it from anywhere on the floor.

LN is ranked 3rd in the state. They have beaten Prior Lake twice. I think they lose again in the section finals.

Which would be really too bad. How often do you have one of the best players in the state (maybe even one of the best of all time), not make it to State at least once?

Which would be really too bad. How often do you have one of the best players in the state (maybe even one of the best of all time), not make it to State at least once?

Tyus only made it once....and he played for a stacked team at Apple Valley.

As many on here have said, the only way to see Hurt play, is to hop in your car and drive to the game. He may not make it on TV.

Duke feels really good about getting him, tremendous exposure, great coaching, big winners, incredible school. Thought all along it would be Kansas or the U.

Unreal if that happens. My only consolation is they don’t win a national championship.

If it is true i have become very comfortable not wanting one and dones. The programs i follow do not get those kids but i like watching kids grow for 4 years in a program.

If it is true i have become very comfortable not wanting one and dones. The programs i follow do not get those kids but i like watching kids grow for 4 years in a program.

Hear hear, that’s what keeps it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo Ryan tried to get a few, just never panned out.

I would've loved Hurt, Jones, etc, but I agree, key for gohpers is building with 4 year players. I think gophers current situation is that our current upper classman are providing very little, in particular Mcbrayer, Stull, Stockman, hurt and to lesser extent Coffey

Hurt had 52 of his teams 70 points last night.

Go Gophers!!

I agree, but he would be a Game and program changer, being he is from MN.

The fan base would GROW!!!

Only if it results in winning and we can follow up the spot he leaves after one year. Many people assume that if he comes here that we rocket up the Big 10 STANDINGS.

Did Kris Humphries fundamentally change things here in his one year? To me, that was one of the worst years of Gopher basketball.

I just don't buy the "Minnesota hero" argument many make on this board about a year of any particular recruit.

Hurt can't get past Lakeville North to get to the state tournament. Therefore, he cannot will a team in college to the NCAAs all by himself.

Who did Humphries have as complimentary players?

At least Hurt would have Oturu, Gabe, Amir to help him out.

Hurt can't get past Lakeville North to get to the state tournament. Therefore, he cannot will a team in college to the NCAAs all by himself.

Who did Humphries have as complimentary players?

At least Hurt would have Oturu, Gabe, Amir to help him out.

Like I mentioned Tyus Jones only played in the state tournament one year. Hurt's team should have won last year and probably when he was a 9th grader also. LN has been a very strong team.

Top Bottom