Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

You are ridiculous.

I agree, three games is not nearly enough. If the HC was any kind of leader he would have buried that cheating flopper on the bench for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson.

We all know Bo Ryan would not have tolerating cheapening the game with all that flopping. I'd be looking for a coaching change soon from Big Barry.

You are ridiculous.

Because i disagree with you ! I want cheap plays punished even if it is a player or a team i follow. I thought Grayson Allen crossed the line with his thirst to win at any cost and i think Brad has as well. Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.

Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.

I agree that tripping is cheap, and injuries can occur during hard charges or blocking fouls. However I fail to see how "flops have put players at risk". Although not the dictionary definition, my "sports definition" of flopping is when an athlete exaggerates his motions, especially falling down, after not being hit particularly hard. How does that put players at risk?

I agree that tripping is cheap, and injuries can occur during hard charges or blocking fouls. However I fail to see how "flops have put players at risk". Although not the dictionary definition, my "sports definition" of flopping is when an athlete exaggerates his motions, especially falling down, after not being hit particularly hard. How does that put players at risk?

I agree with you. Not a risky move, just cheap and poor sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An aside to this whole discussion: Since when did it become commonplace to deceive and openly lie to referees to try to gain an advantage in sports? I know I’m an old fart, but this is a general pet peeve of mine. When we played pick-up basketball and football in my youth, we relied on the honesty of every player. If you touched the ball last, you offered that up. If you hacked someone on a jump shot, you willingly admitted it. I hate this culture of lying, and Davison embodies the worst of this culture. I know, this ship has already sailed, but I still hate it. One more thing: I love the rare occasions when a basketball player offers a hand to a fallen opponent. I guess that’s also not “cool” in today’s trash-talk, in-your-face sports culture. Ok, done with my rant. Now you youngsters can rip me.

An aside to this whole discussion: Since when did it become commonplace to deceive and openly lie to referees to try to gain an advantage in sports? I know I’m an old fart, but this is a general pet peeve of mine. When we played pick-up basketball and football in my youth, we relied on the honesty of every player. If you touched the ball last, you offered that up. If you hacked someone on a jump shot, you willingly admitted it. I hate this culture of lying, and Davison embodies the worst of this culture. I know, this ship has already sailed, but I still hate it. One more thing: I love the rare occasions when a basketball player offers a hand to a fallen opponent. I guess that’s also not “cool” in today’s trash-talk, in-your-face sports culture. Ok, done with my rant. Now you youngsters can rip me.

For at least 70 years, bg. Your backyard ballgame is not very high stakes.

No. Sportsmanship is one of the life lessons of playing sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I was taught, but apparently that’s not the case anymore.

Bumping this thread to save everyone the trouble of finding it for tonight’s game.

I hope Davison tries to draw charges on Murph!

Because i disagree with you ! I want cheap plays punished even if it is a player or a team i follow. I thought Grayson Allen crossed the line with his thirst to win at any cost and i think Brad has as well. Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.

Comparing Brad Davison taking charges in which he is the one taking the punishment to Grayson allen is beyond absurd.

The perfect ending

My dream scenario for tonight.

Gophers up by double digits with game in hand with about 30 seconds left. Gopher ball handler runs directly at Davison wherever he is, runs him over. Offensive foul called. Gopher player politely hands ball to official, heads back to defensive end like nothing happened.

https://tenor.com/view/runover-sibl...-button&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=twitter #RunOver #siblings via @gifkeyboard

Comparing Brad Davison taking charges in which he is the one taking the punishment to Grayson allen is beyond absurd.

Compared in the sense that Brad crossed the line, again my opinion. Allen was a far dirtier player as going out of your way to trip someone on 4 documented occasions was worthy of a very long suspension, again my opinion.

Compared in the sense that Brad crossed the line, again my opinion. Allen was a far dirtier player as going out of your way to trip someone on 4 documented occasions was worthy of a very long suspension, again my opinion.

Agreed, We all saw the Allen episodes during his NCAA career. His spelled out intent. My only point on Brad is intent. Nothing Brad has done IMO has warranted suspension. Could he play a little rough? Sure he can. I still want him on my team.

My dream scenario for tonight.

Gophers up by double digits with game in hand with about 30 seconds left. Gopher ball handler runs directly at Davison wherever he is, runs him over. Offensive foul called. Gopher player politely hands ball to official, heads back to defensive end like nothing happened.

https://tenor.com/view/runover-sibl...-button&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=twitter #RunOver #siblings via @gifkeyboard

Pick and roll to get a switch onto Murph. Give Murph the ball and let him put a shoulder down. A little pay back for his buddy Nate Mason.

That or, Pree gets a steal and Davison slides in late to take a charge on the fast break and Pree puts him on a poster that will hang in Minnesota children's rooms for years to come.

Agreed, We all saw the Allen episodes during his NCAA career. His spelled out intent. My only point on Brad is intent. Nothing Brad has done IMO has warranted suspension. Could he play a little rough? Sure he can. I still want him on my team.

You think he accidentally punched another guy in the groin?

Just dont see how the groin punch and Mason trip can be anything other than intentional. I know the narrative exists that the "grittiness" of the player puts him in situations where these things are more likely to happen. Not buying it.

You think he accidentally punched another guy in the groin?

And "accidentally" tripped Mason?

I have friends with kids that have played sports with him for years in Maple Grove/Osseo. This should not surprise anyone who has known him for a long time.

Really glad he's not wearing Maroon and Gold.

Jumping in front of players and intentionally causing a collision can lead to injuries, especially if the offensive player is in the air and you undercut them.

Apparently extending your arm out to the side is the proper way to get around a screen.

Don’t forget the proper technique calls for a clenched fist.

Agreed. I would be thrilled to have him on any of the teams i support.

Jumping in front of players and intentionally causing a collision can lead to injuries, especially if the offensive player is in the air and you undercut them.

Yes it can and his technique to commit to contact can and has been used against him. UVA prepped for that aggressiveness and was able to get him to overplay several times, then they gave him some of his own medicine when he was on offense and frustrated him.

Just dont see how the groin punch and Mason trip can be anything other than intentional. I know the narrative exists that the "grittiness" of the player puts him in situations where these things are more likely to happen. Not buying it.

Exactly. No one buys it. Not even the badger guys pretending to buy it

Don’t forget the proper technique calls for a clenched fist.

Don't be ignorant, There is no way you could say his fist was clenched! Close your hand half way and look at it from the top. If you need to believe he actually punched him have at it.

Top Bottom