Gophers ranked 20th in attendance this past season, averaging 10,308

That number seems quite low to be ranked in the top 20. I'm curious what past numbers looked like.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/williams-arena-attendance.html

However, this document tells a different story:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2017.pdf

For what it's worth, I get to Lexington, KY a couple of times each year, and drive by Rupp Arena (#1 attendance) on my way to seeing a client, and that is one ugly exterior.

For what it's worth, I get to Lexington, KY a couple of times each year, and drive by Rupp Arena (#1 attendance) on my way to seeing a client, and that is one ugly exterior.

You're not kidding. I'm in Lexington right now, and the first thing I thought after driving by Rupp was "man, this place is all sorts of ugly". It's no wonder that they rarely show the exterior.

You're not kidding. I'm in Lexington right now, and the first thing I thought after driving by Rupp was "man, this place is all sorts of ugly". It's no wonder that they rarely show the exterior.

I highly recommend a visit to Barrel House Distilling while you're there (if that kind of thing is your cup of tea...or bourbon). It is a very small place, only been around for a short time, so their first batches of bourbon are new available for tasting, etc. Might not be the highest quality, but it is a unique place and you should get the history of the building while you're there. Cool story.

They also have a legit Kentucky Moonshine, Devil John, available for tasting and purchase.

Neat little bar right next to it called The Break Room IIRC. Seats about 6 people on a little creek (where they get the water for the bourbon) with a rocking horse on the back porch in the shape of a mustache, in case you want a mustache ride.

There is also a brewery, Ethereal Brewing, just a couple of doors down.

There

Thanks for the links

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/williams-arena-attendance.html

However, this document tells a different story:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2017.pdf

It seems more logical we'd be at #37 with 10,000 attendance than #20. I agree it sounded too high and it was. Interesting in the stats link provided to see the Big Ten leads all conferences in attendance. I know there isn't much to do in Nebraska but was surprised to see them at #11 with 15,000 plus considering they aren't much fun to watch. Also, Duke averages 9,314 at #47 and that's capacity. Why would anyone go there? :rolleyes: And why haven't they built a new larger arena?

It seems more logical we'd be at #37 with 10,000 attendance than #20. I agree it sounded too high and it was. Interesting in the stats link provided to see the Big Ten leads all conferences in attendance. I know there isn't much to do in Nebraska but was surprised to see them at #11 with 15,000 plus considering they aren't much fun to watch. Also, Duke averages 9,314 at #47 and that's capacity. Why would anyone go there? :rolleyes: And why haven't they built a new larger arena?

I see what you did there.

I highly recommend a visit to Barrel House Distilling while you're there (if that kind of thing is your cup of tea...or bourbon). It is a very small place, only been around for a short time, so their first batches of bourbon are new available for tasting, etc. Might not be the highest quality, but it is a unique place and you should get the history of the building while you're there. Cool story.

They also have a legit Kentucky Moonshine, Devil John, available for tasting and purchase.

Neat little bar right next to it called The Break Room IIRC. Seats about 6 people on a little creek (where they get the water for the bourbon) with a rocking horse on the back porch in the shape of a mustache, in case you want a mustache ride.

There is also a brewery, Ethereal Brewing, just a couple of doors down.

There

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately we are on our way out of town right now. We were able to hit Maker's, Limestone Branch, and Buffalo Trace though. Hell of a lot of fun.

Nice to see Northern State led DII again. Quite a few years in a row I believe. Augie #2. Mankato #5.

Top Bottom