Doogie: Still believe that the 2017 starting QB isn't currently on the roster.

It's also just the simple fact that we've had a lot of attrition from our upperclassmen.

We have three QBs on the roster and they will be SO, FR, FR, respectively. That's incredibly thin and incredibly young at QB. If our recruiting of JuCo guys to add depth, at a minimum, bothers our current group of QBs. . . they likely weren't going to do too well anyways.

We've been stacked at RB, and we haven't had an exoddus there. QB is a bit different but yeah just bringing a guy in shouldn't scare a lot of guys off.

I mean you just never know what happens. Brooks was pretty deep on the chart at one point.

Being that guy...

Offering the JUCO sent the message the coaches aren't totally comfortable with the 3 QBs we will have on the roster next year. We are losing Leidner and Rhoda's circumstances are unknown -presumably told he wouldn't be the guy.

Has the staff offered any high school QBs that have not committed elsewhere?

I may be alone in this but I'm pretty disappointed we didn't get him. He looks like a player to me but those intangibles are so hard to judge. Seemed like/hoped he could have been our version of
McSorley.

Did I miss something? Did the Juco QB sign with Miss?
NM- just saw the 2017 thread

Did I miss something? Did the Juco QB sign with Miss?
NM- just saw the 2017 thread

doesn't look like any of Jamal Stovall, Nick Johns or Jordan Ta'amu have signed or committed yet

waiting for Dec 14

noticed Nick lists only Minn and TTech for interest. TTech has a JUCO QB Commit from McLane Carter

Absolutely. Ole Miss has its advantages. Great atmoshphere. It probably has weather more to a kid from Hawaii's liking. He almost certainly has better receivers.

Seem like pretty up and down team. A sub .500 team over the last 10 years overall and much worse in conference.

It's also just the simple fact that we've had a lot of attrition from our upperclassmen.

We have three QBs on the roster and they will be SO, FR, FR, respectively. That's incredibly thin and incredibly young at QB. If our recruiting of JuCo guys to add depth, at a minimum, bothers our current group of QBs. . . they likely weren't going to do too well anyways.

They are Red shirts, so not greenhorns. We'll get a couple more in the mix. TC said they actively recruit QBs and RBs every year. As Forrest said..like a box of chocolates...

Seem like pretty up and down team. A sub .500 team over the last 10 years overall and much worse in conference.

We were higher in the CBS ranking of 100 FBS teams too... Gophs # 38, Ole Miss #68....for what its worth.

We were higher in the CBS ranking of 100 FBS teams too... for what its worth.

Yep. Comeback is always they are in the "SEC". Frankly, its FB conference is looking more like its BB conference.

Yet another Alabama QB is going to transfer. That makes 3! Wonder what is going on as they can't have many more on roster. . Sophomore QB from high school in Oklahoma announced today that he is leaving. Kid by the name of Cornwell or Cromwell???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet another Alabama QB is going to transfer. That makes 3! Wonder what is going on as they can't have many more on roster. . Sophomore QB from high school in Oklahoma announced today that he is leaving. Kid by the name of Cornwell or Cromwell???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to be a thing, I suspect will be with many QBs. I don't blame them.

Bama need not worry though, they can reload at will...

Yep. Comeback is always they are in the "SEC". Frankly, its FB conference is looking more like its BB conference.

I think it's pretty hard to argue that ole miss hasn't had more success then us over the last 10 years. Sure they struggled a bit this year, but much more so after they lost their preseason first team all-conference qb.

I think it's pretty hard to argue that ole miss hasn't had more success then us over the last 10 years. Sure they struggled a bit this year, but much more so after they lost their preseason first team all-conference qb.

No question a team who has been to a big 6 bowl in the last three years has had more success than minnesota

Really seems to be a trend in college FB with QB's transferring as underclassmen or leaving as a grad transfer. The mind-set seems to be, if I'm not going to start here, I'll find another school where I can start.

The problem with that is, if the starting QB gets hurt, you're left with guys who are comfortable being a back-up - or are simply less skilled than the starter.

Really seems to be a trend in college FB with QB's transferring as underclassmen or leaving as a grad transfer. The mind-set seems to be, if I'm not going to start here, I'll find another school where I can start.

The problem with that is, if the starting QB gets hurt, you're left with guys who are comfortable being a back-up - or are simply less skilled than the starter.

I'm sure plenty of coaches and fan wish these guys would ride the bench..... but I get why they want to go.

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to make a "comeback". I was merely stating that I can see why Ole Miss is an attractive school for a recruit. That was all. I'm a Gopher fan, I surely wasn't saying Ole Miss >>> U of MN. It has its perks, we have our perks.

Ole Miss has an awesome game day experience.
Ole Miss beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa last year.
Ole Miss finished in the Top 10 last year.

If a player chose Ole Miss, I'd get it. If a player would rather go to the U, I'd definitely get it.

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to make a "comeback". I was merely stating that I can see why Ole Miss is an attractive school for a recruit. That was all. I'm a Gopher fan, I surely wasn't saying Ole Miss >>> U of MN. It has its perks, we have our perks.

If a player chose Ole Miss, I'd get it. If a player would rather go to the U, I'd definitely get it.

Wasn't directed at you...it is what I usually hear when something like this comes up with my SEC buddies.

You forgot one,
Ole Miss buys players

You forgot one,
Ole Miss buys players

they've got one of the better bagmen networks in the sec ever since freeze came in and let loose the slimier types in their booster circles.

but yea ole miss would be super cool if you are a 17-18 year old because you are basically a god there

I think it's pretty safe to say 2-3 QB's will take snaps in games next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom