Marching Band Pregame Performance 09/01/16

Yay band!

I remember the Brewster years and someone in the stands at halftime said something like the band might be better to watch than football these days...

The Drum Major has my support to completely pancake that camera guy if he gets in the way again in the future...

Spirit Squad missed their part of the read to run onto the field. Don't know if the read was different, or the crowd was too loud, or what. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Spirit Squad missed their part of the read to run onto the field. Don't know if the read was different, or the crowd was too loud, or what. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

The spirit squad needs someone to step up this year....

This one time, at band camp ......

Maybe start an all things marching band thread because two per game plus any bonus material will get kind of silly.

The timing of the beginning of pregame changed. The last couple of years the band had a cool intro video similar to the football team that would play just before the spirit squad and band ran on. No video this year - so maybe they didn't get the memo?

I don't post here much, but I just found my signature line, thanks to Ruppert. (Grammar Nazis: move on, nothing to see here.)

I really liked that shortened pre-game show they did at Ford Field in Detroit. They had the whole band on the field and Marched the field playing the Minnesota March. They had a little more time to work with than in Orlando but that Detroit pregame was much better than any shortened version I have seen.

I hope they do something exactly like that in October when they the Iowa Band is at TCF and takes up a few minutes of the pre-game time

http://www.ummbvideo.com/newummbvideo/20151228Pregame.html

The Drum Major has my support to completely pancake that camera guy if he gets in the way again in the future...

Drum Major is out 4-6 weeks after that shot....maybe?

Drum Major is out 4-6 weeks after that shot....maybe?

He's a gamer, shook it off and didn't miss a beat. Heard he might walk on as the other bookend to Devers on D on third and long plays. :D

What section are you in Taji? Thanks for the updates.
Alto Saxophone. This is my forth and final year in band, as I'm graduating this coming spring.
The timing of the beginning of pregame changed. The last couple of years the band had a cool intro video similar to the football team that would play just before the spirit squad and band ran on. No video this year - so maybe they didn't get the memo?

Well, in my three years in the band, and a few years going to games prior, last year was the only year with a video for the band and spirit squad. I suppose if no one told them there wasn't going to be a video that could be it too. Also first game jitters maybe?

Top Bottom