Anyone in favor of extending Fleck and making him one of the highest

After Tanner wins the Heisman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d offer him a massive and long extension.

Win the B1G West this year and I'd sign him for life.

Ask me when this season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too early. Looked what happened in Nortre Dame as to Charlie Weiss. I really like Fleck though and hope it all pans out for the long haul. We haven't had much continuity here as to the football team in the area of coaches. If he does well in the next year or two, I'd say "sign here!"

Last edited:

paid coaches in the big 10?

Seems a little premature. Flecks record at Minneosta to date is 17-13 (7-13). His B1G wins so far this year are Purdue and Illinois, not Wisconsin and Michigan. I'll be in favor of a nice raise when he wins the division, and again when he takes the team to the Rose Bowl.

I’d offer him a massive and long extension.

Gross, man. :p

Nope - way too early for this kind of talk.

I am as big a Fleck fan as is out there and I think he needs to get through this season before we anoint him our football savior. Beat Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland to go 8-0 and I might be so pumped up that I might change my mind.

Yes, count me as the last person to know Lovie made ~6mill a year.

Who gives a coach a payday in the middle of year 2?

Get through the season, and if we land where we'd like to, 9-10 wins and a nice bowl game, pay him what his B1G high end peers are making, and add 20 %.

I am as big a Fleck fan as is out there and I think he needs to get through this season before we anoint him our football savior. Beat Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland to go 8-0 and I might be so pumped up that I might change my mind.

As others have stated, let’s wait until he begins to knock off some quality opponents, like Wisconsin last year. Going 8-0 against the level of competition of their opponents thus far isn’t all that spectacular. Rutgers is garbage, Nebraska will probably not have their starting QB and they’ve been underwhelming at best. Then you got a Maryland team who got thumped by PSU and lost against Temple. Not exactly Top 25 material.

Knock off PSU, Wisconsin or win at Iowa and now you’ve got my attention.

Pay him more to keep him from going to UCLA in a few years - or some equivalent of UCLA, a once-great team down on its coaching luck - like Tennessee. Yes, pay him more, make him comfortable so he stays 10-15 years.

Let's get to at least 6-3 in the B1G first.

If we make it to 9-0 then yeah, lock him up.

Till then, you have to wait till the period between the end of the season and the bowl game.

Of course, that lets all the teams who fired their coach come calling. So, maybe the week of the Axe game if it is for the B1G West title.

Pay him more to keep him from going to UCLA in a few years - or some equivalent of UCLA, a once-great team down on its coaching luck - like Tennessee. Yes, pay him more, make him comfortable so he stays 10-15 years.

This is an area I can add something to, since I have experience.

You need to strike before interest heats up and you find yourself in negotiations that include several other Helmet Schools. It's more efficient at this point and the bidding for his talents are minimal right now (middle of season and still mostly under the radar). Coyle has some goal and objectives that have needed to be reached by now ... and in most circumstances those have been met and exceeded (see APR). The relationship between Fleck and Coyle is good at this point, but you wait and suddenly other schools get in the mix (all making promises, throwing dollars, and overall sweetening the pot).

Shut everyone down before other schools come calling.

Look at this transaction like buying stocks. Do your research, enter in at lower levels and buy and hold before the hype. Once the news is out, it's too late.

Too early to even discuss but if the Gophers come in 1st or 2nd in the west then back up the truck!

Assuming he can rack up a 10 win season here, he gone. I'm sure he will spurn a huge offer from the U to go to a bigger media market. Obviously PJ loves the spotlight and there are much brighter lights elsewhere. All we can do is say thanks for the ride, its been really fun so far.

Top Bottom