Sid: Land O'Lakes & 3M rumored to be contributors to Gophers $190MM facilities fund

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Sid: Land O'Lakes & 3M rumored to be contributors to Gophers $190MM facilities fund

per Sid:

• It’s good news that Land O’Lakes and 3M recently posted good financial reports, since rumors have them as two of the contributors toward the $190 million that the University of Minnesota Athletic Department is trying to raise to improve facilities.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/270621001.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Oh Boy!

Is this the same old song but with a different meaning since you've been gone?

per Shooter:

One major deterent for the Gophers' athletics department in trying to raise money for its $190 million facilities improvements project is that former Minnesotans who have moved to Florida and Arizona have been reluctant to donate because of Minnesota's tax implications.

The Gophers' athletics department will receive $40 million just in media deals for the coming school year.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_26308027/charley-walters-ex-viking-matt-birk-begins-nfl

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

One major deterent for the Gophers' athletics department in trying to raise money for its $190 million facilities improvements project is that former Minnesotans who have moved to Florida and Arizona have been reluctant to donate because of Minnesota's tax implications.

The Gophers' athletics department will receive $40 million just in media deals for the coming school year.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_26308027/charley-walters-ex-viking-matt-birk-begins-nfl

Go Gophers!!

This doesn't make any sense. Do we have any tax lawyers or accountants who can comment on this.

This doesn't make any sense. Do we have any tax lawyers or accountants who can comment on this.

Just posted on it over at the football message board.

Could be that:
- The U throws out excuses such as 'uhh, tax issues' although they are unfounded;
- Media gobbles it up and regurgitates to the masses; and
- The masses largely accept such a hardship and plight of the U.

Maybe there's a real reason somewhere.. I don't see it as of yet. Potentially just a misunderstanding (charitable giving doesn't figure into residency determination in Minnesota, as said in the football board post)... but, a bit scary that fundraisers aiming at out-of-state residents wouldn't have that knowledge at this point in the game... so, might be ignorance on my part... would like to be enlightened as to what the implications may be and have asked Mr. Walters to help me understand..

Just posted on it over at the football message board.

Could be that:
- The U throws out excuses such as 'uhh, tax issues' although they are unfounded;
- Media gobbles it up and regurgitates to the masses; and
- The masses largely accept such a hardship and plight of the U.

Maybe there's a real reason somewhere.. I don't see it as of yet. Potentially just a misunderstanding (charitable giving doesn't figure into residency determination in Minnesota, as said in the football board post)... but, a bit scary that fundraisers aiming at out-of-state residents wouldn't have that knowledge at this point in the game... so, might be ignorance on my part... would like to be enlightened as to what the implications may be and have asked Mr. Walters to help me understand..

So which are you, an accountant or tax lawyer?

Pretty sure he is a CPA.

Oh good, he got another degree while he was away? How the hell does he do it? Lawyer, medical doctor, statistician, and now a CPA? Damn, I'm even more impressed with the guy.

Teague can end all the speculation and rumors by coming out and giving a real update on the fund-raising process, with actual numbers. Until he does that, it's all rumor and speculation.

Oh good, he got another degree while he was away? How the hell does he do it? Lawyer, medical doctor, statistician, and now a CPA? Damn, I'm even more impressed with the guy.

And he's still humble enough to grace this board with his presence and knowledge. Truly remarkable.

And he's still humble enough to grace this board with his presence and knowledge. Truly remarkable.

I certainly can relate to GW's dilemma. It's Hard To Be Humble When You're Perfect In Every Way!!!

Top Bottom